PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on a Sailboat

harbormaster
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
No laughing please.

How about a 1984 27' Hunter with a binnacle and wheel, full sail inventory and a diesel inboard for 2800 dollars. In good shape except for some scratches in the gelcoat on one side. Has a clean bottom job as well.

call me at 713-898-0605 if interested.

ChromeGorilla
12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
OK, someone needs a timeout for posting sailboat crap...... :boat: :fire:

Is your name TUXPK?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mercrewser
12-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Where is it? Whose is it? I grew up on a 1983 Hunter 27.

harbormaster
12-13-2005, 03:53 AM
Its down here by me south of Houston.

Its in a friend of mine's boatyard.

TuxedoPk
12-13-2005, 10:10 PM
I've been traveling this week: First to Minnesota, now in Tuscon. Talk about a bitch of a trip to pack clothing for!

Let's see at 5-6 knots how long would it take to sail from Houston to NY Harbor? ;)

HM- Sorry I haven't called you back. I forgot, remembered when connecting thru Houston, then had another ADD moment :banghead:

This does sound like an incredible deal.

Chrome- :spit: Better watch out- HM's an experienced sailor himself.

JPR
12-14-2005, 12:00 AM
As an avid sailor and racer, I think it important to bear in mind that this is a PERFORMANCE boating site, not sure that the hunter belongs here.:eek: Farr 40, sure: melges 24, great: classic S&S or one tonner, cool, but spare us the hunter!:) :)

Lenny
12-14-2005, 12:04 AM
As an avid sailor and racer, I think it important to bear in mind that this is a PERFORMANCE boating site, not sure that the hunter belongs here.:eek: Farr 40, sure: melges 24, great: classic S&S or one tonner, cool, but spare us the hunter!:) :)

You mean C&C or Sparks and Stephens?

You have Christmas mail coming :)

JPR
12-14-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm a big Sparkman Stephens fan, for sentimental reasons, the C&C's kicked butt in their day and were true innovators and I could have just as easily used them or J Boats or...just not hunters, the baygrinders of sailboats.

BUIZILLA
12-14-2005, 07:39 AM
The Hunter is a great all around boat..

especially with a diesel, if this thing floats ands runs, it's a helluva steal.

JH

TuxedoPk
12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
A Hunter certainly doesn't run in the same league as S&S designs like the Tartans, nor is it a performer like the J boats.........BUT, with in decent shape, with good sails and a diesel engine this is an awesome value. The diesel alone is probably worth the price of admission.

Mercrewser
12-14-2005, 10:40 AM
We liked our Hunter because we got what we paid for. It was a good all around family boat, with just a few minor issues. I'd like to have one like it again some day. I'll stick with my easily trailerable Com-pac 16 for now.;)