PDA

View Full Version : SC is whack!

ChromeGorilla
12-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Holy friggin property taxes batman! Getting my SC tags for my vehichles and found out my property tax for my truck today..... about had a friggin coronary...:eek: ........ I guess I'll keep my boat registered in GA....I'll be dammed if I pay property tax on that sucka.....:eek:

On another note...... did you guys know that SC doesn't require a license plate on boat trailers..... hell, they don't even rquire llights! So how does that work while I'm trailering out of state, like say in FEB when I drive down to Miami? I'm good to go cuz my rrucj and trailer are from SC?

Islander
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
your good to go.. Hell, half my trailers dont have tags anyway, the other half are expired.. My one good tag is registered to a trailer I sold 12 years ago, that has had another tag issued to it in my sisters name....

Scott,
You might run into a problem if you ever get the time to use the damn things.:biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
12-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Hehehehehe.....

Cuda
12-12-2005, 09:25 PM
I have eight trailers and three tags for trailers.

Cuda
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Oops, I just did a recount. Make that nine trailers.

Cuda
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
I always attach mine with zippy ties. I keep the ties in my console. :)

Lenny
12-12-2005, 10:10 PM
You guys are lucky... seriously.

Trailer tags here are cheap. About $200/yr for a trailer and it includes liability to about 3 million 3rd party in the case that I hit someone with the trailer or it comes unglued or the boat flies off etc.

If I DON'T have it insured, besides the fines and impound and in the case of an accident,...no more life, no more house, no more nothing.

Trailers here are classified as a Motor Vehicle and hence all the emcumbrances. THAT is why buying a DONZI in the USA and importing it here is a breeze, but the trailer is the nightmare...

sweet 16 1966
12-15-2005, 09:16 AM
$20.00 for the year and it is also interchangable :wrench:
I only have 4 so I do not rank as high as my brotherin.

Georgia, I love old stuff!

RickSE
12-15-2005, 11:01 AM
$130 for lifetime trailer registration here in Arizona. Even if I move out of state I'll never re-register my trailers again, unless forced. Also our driver's licenses are good til we're 60. I got mine 10 years ago and it expires in the year 2028. :eek: I think the picture might be a little off by then. I'm keeping mine til 2028 just cuz I can.