PDA

View Full Version : Ups Sucks!!!!!!!!

Cuda
12-09-2005, 10:32 PM
I have guys working in Jacksonville. Yesterday, I told Debbie to FEDEX their paychecks to them, so they would get them this morning. Well, I just found out today, that she didn't do what I told her, and sent them Ups. My guys called around noon and wondered where their checks were. That's when I first found out she had used Ups instead of FEDEX, like I told her. She called tracking, and they said it would be there before end of business. We called them up until 6pm, and they kept saying that. Then she called the Ups store we shipped them from. Of course, they were closed. She then called the Ups Store in Daytona to try to find out what was going on, and the guy said he was too busy to check, and for her to go online to track it, and hung up! Now, we are on a jobsite 60 miles from the house, with no way to access the net. When I got home about 8pm, I got online, and checked the tracking. This is copied from the tracking center, and I quote, "UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details." Now, WTF does that mean? We dropped it off at the ups store, nothing electronic about it! I try the 800 number, get nothing but recordings on tracking, so I hang up, and call back, but this time I take the option that I want to buy supplies. Sure enough, I get a real human on the line. I have to say, this woman was as helpful as she could be, and I tried to stay calm with her. She said she would give the info to her next in command, and he'd call me back in 30 minutes. About two hours later, he calls, and says they don't know where my package is, but it must be at a sorting station in Daytona, or on it's way to Jacksonville, or in Jacksonville waiting to be delivered. Well, I tell him that's not a good enough answer, so he calls around and says they just received it in the system today! It was dropped off yesterday at 9am, and was to be delivered today. I get transfered around, and a guy says it must be in a trailer at the sorting station, which won't be opened until Monday! Now I'm livid! I say SOMEONE with Ups MUST have keys to that trailer, and find my package. Apparently not. I've been tranfered three more times, and I keep asking for their boss, trying to get up the line. One guy even told me that just because I have a tracking number, doesn't mean I took a package to them! WTF!!!!!!!! How the hell did I get a tracking number then???? I am still on hold right now, trying to find out wtf they are going to do. I guess nothing. I am soooooooooo pisssed!
Ups will NEVER EVER GET ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME, I don't care how much more I have to spend to send it FedEx, which is what I wanted to do in the first place. I know better than to depend on Ups, but this is unreal!!!!!!!!!!
My blood pressure is probably off the scale right now.
Oh yeah, they also tell me they have to try to deliver it three times, before they ship it back here! What kind of joke is this company?????

Trueser
12-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I stopeed using UPS long time ago. They suck...

Fed-ex has a great website! way ahead of UPs .

And saved a ton of $$$

Cuda
12-10-2005, 06:04 AM
Dang, apparently I was so bitter I put it in the wrong section. They were supposed to call me back again last night, and nobody did.

Schnook
12-10-2005, 07:24 AM
I guess that answers the question;
What can brown do for you?

BUIZILLA
12-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Joe, wherever you dropped it off at, dropped the ball.... Sounds like you attempted to use GROUND SERVICE, when NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE should have been done.

I have a VERY good customer in Sebring that shipped me an expensive injection pump and 4 injectors, Friday, a week ago. On Monday, an empty destroyed box shows up in the ORL hub, and UPS discarded the damaged box immediately, even though the label was in perfect condition, for damage inspection/claim. The contents are irreplaceable, and the guy now may have to scrap a damm nice 20 year old Case/International tractor because Bosch/Case has now obsoleted the pump... it's his ONLY tractor for his family nursery, he bought it new in 1986, always stored inside a shed, special ordered from the Case/IH plant in Germany, just for his spec's.... 30k tractor value down the drain now... there was only $100 value on the contents of the box, as the shipper store in Lake Wales FORGOT to show the $2500 value of the injection pump, on the form. Anybody need a NICE, one owner, garage kept since new, 4210 Case tractor ?? ran great until last Friday..

I have suppliers in Tampa and ORL that refuse to use UPS, unless we give them instructions, in writing, on every order, to do so.

I had another box recently, coming from Chicago, to Miami, NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE, that somehow, ended up in Amsterdam, 3 days later....

Every day, is an adventure with them.

JH

p729lws
12-10-2005, 08:51 AM
UPS has gotten real bad in the past year or so. We still use em, but fedex and dhl see a lot of our business now....

I've had good luck with DHL also. We overnight allot of stuff from Montreal to Pensacola and have never had a problem.

Dan

Trueser
12-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Fed-ex ground on any attached state is next day.

Works great.

BUIZILLA
12-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Ground in state is next day, red is only if ya want it early in the AM in state...actually not true... from Tampa/Orlando/Daytona south it is next day by ground, but NEVER guaranteed, from north of there like Ocala/JAX.Tallahassee, it's always been 2 days, at least for the last 30 years it has been, NDA is by 10:30 am unless it's specified NDA/Early AM, then it's by 7:30am.

JH

Marlin275
12-10-2005, 12:10 PM
How about the dreaded Drive By ?
This is where they say they tried to deliver next day express with signature release,
no reason not to leave it at door or with neighbor.
and then its on a truck driving around town with no chance for pick up or delivery.
For days . . .

Trueser
12-10-2005, 12:37 PM
I ship over 200 pkg a day and 96% of my ground shipments make it next day. And the rates I get from Fed-ex are way below what we use to pay UPS.

If something has to be there by 9am and its a emergency we will ship P1.

MAybe it's different around the midwest.

mrfixxall
12-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Not only can thay not ship on time thay cant keep track of their deposits,,my sister worked in their accounting dept and found over 2 million dollars in their bank account that wasnt spoken for......

gold-n-rod
12-10-2005, 03:40 PM
And they have a bunch of crooks handling packages. I tried to do an exchange with my cell phone company (receive the new phone, send the broken one back).

I got sent 2 empty boxes. Someone (while in transit) had reached up into the bottom of the box and swiped the phones out. And why to fook would a driver leave an empty box? It was obvious it was empty (and tampered with).

That experience allowed me the pleasure of using the world's most user unfriendly telephone, web and email interfaces ever.

From now on, it's USPS or FedEx for me.

Cuda
12-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Joe, wherever you dropped it off at, dropped the ball.... Sounds like you attempted to use GROUND SERVICE, when NEXT DAY AIR SERVICE should have been done.

JH
That's exactly why I told Debbie to use FedEx next day by 10 am. I didn't care about saving 20 bucks when I have four of the guys that make my living for me up there waiting for their checks. I have always taken pride in the fact that if someone works for me, they NEVER get an excuse why they don't get a check on Friday. They came back from Jax this afternoon, and I had them meet me on a job just off the Interstate from where they were traveling. I wrote them all another check. They were real good about it and told me not to worry, it was no big deal. Maybe not to them, but it was a very big deal to me.

Cuda
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels that way about them.

mattyboy
12-11-2005, 09:39 AM
after the hack job they did on my drive and the pain in the ass they were to deal with I switched all my business to dhl think about what the color brown represents ???? Hello ;)