PDA

View Full Version : pictures

joem
12-08-2005, 10:13 AM
i would like to email some pics of my 16 i,m new at the computer and need to know how.....I have them on my digital cam. and can veiw them but don,t know ho to send them ...Would like to show them on the performance talk thread....thanks joem.....

McGary911
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Joe, it sounds like you haven't gotten your pics from your camera to the computer yet. If you are running windows XP, once you plug your camera into the computer (probably with a usb cable), a box should pop up asking you what action you would like to perform. one of those options should be to move pics from the camera to a folder (likely your 'my pictures' folder). Just choose that and follow the computer's lead.
If no pop up happens, it is still pretty simple to get the pics to your computer. just hit the windows key (between alt and ctrl on the lower left) and the E at the same time, which brings up windows explorer. Your camera should be listed on there as a drive. You can click to the pics on your camera, highlight them, and copy (using edit > copy) them to any other folder on your computer (go to that folder then edit > paste). my pictures is a good place for a beginner to put them. Once you get the hang of it, you can delete the pics on the camera, because you have copies on your computer.

Cant wait to see your pics......

Hope that helps. Once you have the pics on your computer you can follow the posting directions in the FAQ (http://www.donzi.net/forums/faq.php) :

"To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: avi bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpeg mpg pdf png psd txt wmv zip.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon ."

Even if you dont have the pics on your computer, just hook up the camera, and you should be able to browse directly to your camera, which is identified as a drive, as described above....