PDA

View Full Version : Aoth?

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
12-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Is there still an annual get-together at Lake Cumberland?
I'll be anxious to get my new old Donzi in the water this coming spring and I've always wanted to do that waterfall thingy.

Eric

roadtrip se
12-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Jerry Eisele and I were kicking it around last weekend.

Look for details from our fearless leader, Mr. Boldt, sometime in the next sixty days.

Great water, good company, awesome food, and an auction where you can pick up some really cool Donzi stuff.

Mark your calendar for the end of May...

Sam
12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh yeh baby, the waterfall thingy and a lot more. Good food, great people and fantastic boating.

Sam :biggrin:

Jerry Eisele
12-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Talked to Scott last night and he is working on the date. He should be posting it soon. Donzichic is going to bring the 18' this year. I've had enough snow!!! Bring on AOTH!!!:lifeprese

Sam
12-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Donzichic bringing the 18 ? I don't know if I'm ready for this ? Ok I'm over it bring it on :beer: .

Jerry Eisele
12-11-2005, 06:40 AM
No weeds on Cumberland for the SS to eat for lunch!!!:smile:

Sam
12-11-2005, 06:42 AM
Just wood, bring your pick :wavey: .

boldts
12-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey all. Tentitive dates for AOTH VI are: May 18th thru the 21st. I will be contacting the Jamestown Resort this week to confirm these dates and set aside our rooms and cabins.

I've been contacted by a number of the kind folks who help put this gathering on every year and I'm looking forward to adding some interesting ideas to our itinirary. (sp)

I've also had a lot of input on other lakes to do this gathering. LOTO, Table Rock in Missouri. Both look to be great locations for a Donzi gathering. Only problem is that it is so hard to beat the location and accomedations we have available to us on Lake Cumberland. Some have complained about the wood found on Cumberland. In May, you'll find that anywhere in the country that has Spring rains and fresh water feeding the lake. It's a commen sense thing. Boaters should always check the water where their boating in May. We've been actually very lucky over the last 5 years. Yes, there has been wood shoved up the speedo inlet of drives, but no complete drive losses or major damage. The weather has been sunny every year and I'm knocking on wood to keep the sun shinning.

I've had the pleasure of meeting many of the Registry members here. I might not always know your name, by the end of the weekend, but I never forget a boat. I look forward to meeting many more of you.

More details to come soon. Pencil it in for now and keep these dates open.

roadtrip se
12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Great for the smoker, not so great on the prop.
One piece of good news. The Corp is supposed to begin work on some repairs to the dam shortly. One of the reasons, some years are bigger lumber years than others, is due to the lake levels getting up into the trees. They are supposed to begin keeping a better eye on the water levels to assist with the dam work starting this year.
Poodle's extra "equipment' is for a little lumberjacking that needs to occur up on our hill above Alligator Docks. Let's just say that our driveway makes the lake in log jam season look really friendly to a Donzi.
In five years of running at AOTH, I have never done any damage to my beast.
Hell, I did more to my prop and skeg in the shallows at the docks at 1000 Islands than ever before this year, but I'll be back next year.
For those of you who have thought about coming down or have been here once before and are over due for a repeat visit, this is a great place for a rally. We have the largest lake east of the Mississippi to tear up pretty much to our own, a great facility with super views, great early season weather most of the time, and more smiles per mile. What we don't have is obtrusive speed or noise enforcement. To cap it all off, the Saturday bbq dinner and auction gets better every year!
Scott, I would be happy to particpate in another Midwest Donzi Club event maybe in the fall at another venue, but lets let the grand daddy go on!

Lenny
12-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey all. Tentitive dates for AOTH VI are: May 18th thru the 21st.

Hey Scott, a birthday get together for me ??? :D :D :D

boldts
12-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Could be Lenny. I'm considering the X-18 as our honor Donzi next year. They have been pretty hot on the boards here this past year. Ranman also has a birthday somewhere in the time frame. I've been wanting to bring a large BD cake down to add to the Saturday meal. I might have to do a little more investigating for a place to pick one up somewhere along the trip down from OH.

Snow outside today, but this is a subject that brings out the warm and fuzzy in all of us. Can't wait!

BUIZILLA
12-11-2005, 04:07 PM
welllll, lookee there....

just happens to be a cake shop in Russell Springs...

HOW convenient can that be...

shhhhhh, don't spoil the surprise. :wink:

anonymous as usual

boldts
12-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Hummm......Ya think if I send them a picture, they could get a X-18 iced on that thar cake? Might have some trouble getting all those candles on that cake though....:D I knew you all would be on top of things for me. Much appreciated!

DonCig
12-12-2005, 08:08 AM
I promised Roadtrip SE that I would bring the Cigarette to the 2006 AOTH.
I will have my Donzi 18 repowered, but I do not want to take a chance of shearing off the outdrive just one month before the Great Grudge Match Race at Lake Powell on June 22, 23 and 24th.
I need to scrounge up a 3/4 ton suburban or truck from a St. Louis rental company. The Cig. weighs way to much for my Dodge Magnum.

Don

smoothie
12-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Actually, I'm packing a chainsaw and a stump grinder this year :eek: :eek:

LOL! thats no crap:biggrin.: and a good spotter,maybe we could have a contest on how fast ya can get thru the log jam,,,kinda like a slalom course...

GEOO
12-12-2005, 04:09 PM
HUM, AOTH??? I need to start working on Heather and the kid's.

DonCig,
What's "Great Grudge Match Race at Lake Powell on June 22, 23 and 24th" ? :rolleyes:

Jerry Eisele
12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Geoo,
Have Heather and the kids Fly to Cincinnati. You're welcome to stay over at our place and pick them up for the final three hours.

Cuda
12-12-2005, 08:51 PM
I hope we can make it this year. If we go, I'll probably have Debbie pull the boat up, and I'll fly as close as possible for the weekend. As I recall, the nearest airport is quite a bit away.

As far as moving ATOH, it would be tantamount to moving the Rose Bowl!

Jerry Eisele
12-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Cuda, You could fly to Lexington Ky.

Cuda
12-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Cuda, You could fly to Lexington Ky.
How far is the drive from there?

FISHIN SUCKS
12-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Barbi and I are up for coming again, provided I didn't burn any bridges with that auction routine!

Sam
12-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Burn bridges ? are you kidding your a legend :yes: .

Jerry Eisele
12-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Cuda, It's a couple hours to Cumberland from Lex. If you can time it, someone from Ohio or Mich. could pick you up.
When we get the date, I'll let you know when Donzichic and I will be near the airport.

Fisin Sucks, You are the Auction!!! Please try not to lose your voice this year.... Plus, Barbi would make a wonderful Vana!!!:lifeprese

roadtrip se
12-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Todd, the new one I am building is about a third smaller then the one you saw at the house... 500 gallon vs 750.. Trailer mounted (torsion axle this time ) so I can bring it to events, it will fit in the bed of the truck. Should be seasoned and ready to travel in time for 1k isles :D :D :D
Better design that baby to bolt to the bed of the truck. I know some Canadians that might try to float that thing back across the St. Lawrence at 1000 Islands. BBQ cooking is becoming a bigger part of each Donzi rally lately. The official Donzi rally smoker. Excellent. Now how do we put a stripe on that thing?
On the topic of AOTH cooking, as of today, FarmerTex and I were making final arrangements to import a Texas-style Lyfe Tyme smoker to Cumberland in time for the rally. If it's possible, the food will be even better Saturday night!
Finally, Fishin Sucks will be selling his own line of autographed "auctioneer groupie" sportswear, movies, and other assorted paraphinelia after his encore, return performance as the rock star of the Donzi auction world. Do we want you back? Hell yeah!
It's going to be a long winter....

DonziChick
12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Talked to Scott last night and he is working on the date. He should be posting it soon. Donzichic is going to bring the 18' this year. I've had enough snow!!! Bring on AOTH!!!:lifeprese

I am??

SWEET!!!!

and I haven't had to be towed in in awhile... although it is winter... :tongue:

OH and you can toss my name on the cake too... by birthday is the 27th :)

DonziChick
12-13-2005, 11:04 PM
LOL! thats no crap:biggrin.: and a good spotter,maybe we could have a contest on how fast ya can get thru the log jam,,,kinda like a slalom course...

I tried doing that one year and scared the crap out of HotSpare (I think he goes by that name on this site as well - he's from Texas). :shades:

farmer tx
12-14-2005, 12:10 AM
FISHIN SUCKS :happy_bi:Tom, a day late but never the less, hope you had a good one.

FISHIN SUCKS
12-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanx tx. I never thought being 38 would require so many pain medications and cholesterol meds (thank whatever for worthless online pharmacies).

Sam, Jerry and RTSE, thanx for the vote of confidence. I asked Barbi about the Vanna thing. While laughing, she said she enjoyed being a spectator too much(where's the love?)! I'd hate to be the reason for a drop in attendance.

Lenny
12-16-2005, 02:01 AM
Better design that baby to bolt to the bed of the truck. I know some Canadians that might try to float that thing back across the St. Lawrence at 1000 Islands. BBQ cooking is becoming a bigger part of each Donzi rally lately. The official Donzi rally smoker. Excellent. Now how do we put a stripe on that thing?

Todd, our chances of getting that away from you and Poodle are slim since you both Tower about a foot over me and Deneen and besides, we are no longer allowed to even own guns,.. no worries. :D ... never had one in the first place...

Now, about the stripe, would it be 7" or 12" wide, OR, two stripes side by side, and would it go down the back of the B-B-Que (transom) and be called a Blueliner, (OOPS, I mean Shelby Edition) Donzi Bar-B-Que?

Team Jefe
12-16-2005, 07:14 AM
Team Jefe is seriously considering this trip.

So, what are the details, where we staying, blah, blah

....Also, I too have a few skills when it comes to the fine art of "The Pit":wink:

roadtrip se
12-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Now, about the stripe, would it be 7" or 12" wide, OR, two stripes side by side, and would it go down the back of the B-B-Que (transom) and be called a Blueliner, (OOPS, I mean Shelby Edition) Donzi Bar-B-Que?
I'm thinking maybe two seven inch stripes made out of stainless following the contour of the lid. Of course, since Allan Brown is now at Stainless Marine, you could call it the "Brownie Edition". I am sure the man would enjoy what came off that pit and most likely sign it!
Of course I'm not involved in this project at all, other than supplying a little wood to burn in it, but MP steal away bro!

roadtrip se
12-16-2005, 09:13 AM
....Also, I too have a few skills when it comes to the fine art of "The Pit":wink:

Oh man, I just got bumped upstairs to management with two Texas Pitmasters in attendance at AOTH. Guess, I'll just supply the 2 stroke blender drinks while they cook. Not bad duty actually.

Jefe, look for details out of Scot Boldt shortly.

boxy
12-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Todd, our chances of getting that away from you and Poodle are slim since you both Tower about a foot over me and Deneen and besides, we are no longer allowed to even own guns,.. no worries. :D ... never had one in the first place...

Lenny, you may not be the Canuck Trip is refering to ........ :D :D

Unbolt it......never...... we'll just load Poodle's HD 250 onto the 35' work barge and it'll be in Canada before Matty can finish his second beer.... :D