PDA

View Full Version : Donzi graphics

synack
12-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm thinking about putting a set of Donzi graphics on my all white nekkid '97 22ZX. Does anyone have any idea about approximately how much a full set of Donzi graphics costs? Also, How does Donzi ship them? Rolled up in a tube or sandwiched flat between some boards?

mrfixxall
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
i would be way cheeper to go to a local sign or graffix shop and have them cut out the graffix on their machine..just bring a oic of your boat or a pic of a boat like yours with graffix you like and thay will scan the pic then change it to you like and cut them out...some of the 22zx were graffix in the gel and some were painted on with sikkens urathane paint and then cleared over with thay cal hard coat form what i was told........

RickSE
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Not sure about 97' but pretty much all Donzi graphics from 99' to current are either gelcoat or paint with the exception of the "DONZI" Classic stickers and some pinstripe on the Z boats.

BTW, Donzi sent out a memo to all the dealers a few months ago stating that they would not cover any paint warranty issues on boats left in the water for more then four consecutive days. Something must have happened or someone must have sued Donzi to make this happen. Just surprises me that they would say this since so much of Donzi's stuff is painted these days.

Sam
12-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Ahhh I hate to be the one to tell you mrfixall but it dosen't work like that, it's not that simple. Even if you did have a small graphic (not a photo of a graphic) to scan by the time you enlarged it to the proper size it would look like it was cut out by a six year old. You would need to have the whole thing redone in the proper software which will cost you some $$$$$$$$$$$.

Synack, if you wanted to go the local sign shop way with you supplying the file find a designer that can work in "Iilustrator" he or she will know how to lay it out. Having said that most good graphic shops have design capabilaites. Personally if it were me and I wanted factory vinyl graphics I would go to the factory or a licenced source.

Good Luck
Sam

gcarter
12-07-2005, 07:23 PM
A sign shop did my new graphics. Mainly, it's a more contemporary interpretation of the original "DONZI Minx".
I did the file in Illustrator. That part was pretty easy. I might add, keep it simple. The sign shop work is pretty reasonable.

Silver Bullet
12-09-2005, 07:40 AM
The paint on my boat is a little oxidized but it sat in the water for a week (waiting on the trailer to be finished) and the water line still has not come off. Is that what they are talking about?????????

RedDog
12-09-2005, 08:18 AM
The paint on my boat is a little oxidized but it sat in the water for a week (waiting on the trailer to be finished) and the water line still has not come off. Is that what they are talking about?????????
Is your boat a 22 Classic? If so - no paint on your. It is all gel coat. A water line stain in gel coat can be removed using Meguire's Hotwheels aluminum wheel cleaner. Do a seach on theDonziNet on the word "Hotwheels" for application and precautions.

Sam
12-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Ditto to what Red Dog said. I used that stuff on the bottom of my fish boat which was left in the water all season. It worked great with a soft bristle brush.

Sam

mikev
12-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Meguire's cleaner wax with an orbital buffer will also get the water line off the side and is not as harsh on the gel / paint. thats what I always wax mine with.

The Hedgehog
12-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Ahhh I hate to be the one to tell you mrfixall but it dosen't work like that, it's not that simple. Even if you did have a small graphic (not a photo of a graphic) to scan by the time you enlarged it to the proper size it would look like it was cut out by a six year old. You would need to have the whole thing redone in the proper software which will cost you some $$$$$$$$$$$.
Synack, if you wanted to go the local sign shop way with you supplying the file find a designer that can work in "Iilustrator" he or she will know how to lay it out. Having said that most good graphic shops have design capabilaites. Personally if it were me and I wanted factory vinyl graphics I would go to the factory or a licenced source.
Good Luck
Sam

Are you smoking dope?

I took my boat to factory for some work. The prices are nothing like you are mentioned.

After the fact, I had mine done for about $350. I could survive much dock rash before I need to have it re-done.

Good luck on the factory. If you have that kind of pull then I will call you next time. Maybe they can re-gel for my boat for that much.

I have actually gotten a bid from the factory! Have you?

Welcome to reality!

Sam
12-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Big Green ZX who are you responding to................me ?

Silver Bullet
12-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will try that on my boat real soon.

Good point on the paint comment, I did mean Gel.

Thanks again

The Hedgehog
12-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Big Green ZX who are you responding to................me ?

Yes I guess.

I apologize for being kind of harsh. It was a long tough day topped off with too many cocktails due to flight delays. I got a little bored at the airport. Sorry about that.

You do have a point about the graphics. If you don't have good software it will be expensive. On the other hand a good graphics person can do it fairly easily.