PDA

View Full Version : Sixteen outboard

SS18
12-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Found a redone outboard sweet sixteen no power mint boat but awlgrip what is she worth? Any help from the board is appreciated. Paint interior and trailer are new.
Thanks Jim

MOP
12-06-2005, 08:31 PM
When you say redone, just how redone? Did you check transom, floor, stringers, DECK carefully for moisture? Even on a 16 hull it needs looking over from top to bottom, anything attached or mechanical for condition. If real nice my opion in my area $3500-5500. The real original nice ones will always be a few worth more, but that is a tough call! I would get someone with good boat savvy to eye ball it, there are some really knowledgeable guys on the board.

Phil

WingWing
12-07-2005, 11:56 AM
can you send pictures to majiewingwing@gmail.com (my email link) also price please. thanks

txtaz
12-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Phil is right. Moisture in the stringers, transom and deck will cost $4k to fix. Been there done that. Pull a bolt from the motor mount and stick an ice pick in it to see if it's soft. If it goes in easily the transom has problems and most likely the stringers also.
Da Taz <<<---- I had a 220HP 4 cyclinder OB once, ON a 16 footer and my wife let me build it in the kitchen....That's why she's my wife

SS18
12-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Boat has been done by on of the best repair guys on the east coast so I would say structuraly perfect with new awlgrip only draw back newly rigged on a galv.trailer. It is very clean. How many actually built?
JIm

Budmann
12-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey WingWing... are you a buyer?? I know where there is a totally redone sixteen with new transom, paint,etc. but the people spent allot of time and money on it so it won't be cheap!!!:garfield: :cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb: :biggrin: :biggrin: :beer: :beer: