PDA

View Full Version : I upheld Donzi's honor

Barry Eller
12-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Last Sunday, Dec 4, 2005 was a warm,78 degrees, calm water day here in Gulf Breeze, Fl. (Pensacola). My wife and I put "Yippy Kai Yay" in the water and rode to Pensacola Beach to have lunch. We docked the boat at a local resturant's pier and were having lunch and looking out at the water. I heard the sound of thru hull BBC exhaust and saw a Velocity 22 pulling up looking at my Donzi 22. He didn't dock his boat, but anchored it close by. His woman then got on the bow and was sunbathing. My wife and I finished lunch and visited a watering hole called Bambo Willies and had one frozen TGIF type drink called a 190 octane. When we finished we went back to the pier and got back on the boat. There were a lot of people on the pier looking at the Donzi of course, lots of "what's it got in it" stuff. I fired up the new 502, caused a little girl on the pier to squeal, and was warming it up. I then noticed the Veloicty was running and pulling up anchor. As I pulled away from the pier, the veloicty driver waved at me, I started to idle up to him to talk with him, I got within 50 feet of him and he waved bye,bye to me, and hammered his throttle, well my Donzi has a yellow streak down its back, but I don't. I told the wife to hold on, I caught him in about 30 sec, and passed him with about 10 MPH on him. after pulling ahead I slowed down to turn and head back to the boat ramp. He turned and challenged me again. I let him get beside me and I left him again. I just kept going to the boat ramp with him fading off in the distance. At the boat ramp, I was heading to get the trailer when he pulled up beside my boat. After I had backed the trailer in to position, he said it looks like "your boat is faster than mine'. He then asked "what's it got in it"? I told him a 502, he said he only had a 454. I asked him how fast he was going, that my speedometer didn't work and I have not had my buddy Dan in the boat with his GPS yet. He said he was going 75MPH.
Just another liar about how fast his boat is, how big his p... is, how many women he has had. I think he was only running 60-65 at the most, cause I know I wasn't going 85. Anyway it was fun! I thought I'd share that little experience with you.
By the way, its not 78 degrees here to day, its in the 40's. Would someone up north please close the DOOR!

onesubdrvr
12-06-2005, 09:34 AM
WTG Barry!!!!

Cool story, thanks for sharing!!

Wayne

txtaz
12-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Cool story. BTW did you know my boat does 78.6 or 78.4 or was it 87.6....Not sure, have to ask our northern friends (Lenny and Daneen) who keep sending cold air this way (30.8F this morning) and can attest to the MPH's, or at least try to.:bonk:
FarmerTx, Richard and I had a simliar experience last summer at Canyon. We ended up with a groupy. Too funny.
Da Taz

Team Jefe
12-06-2005, 12:55 PM
That's My Dog, nice job Barry... No doubt your wife was prettier too.....of course as the captain of the Red Bikini Crew, I think I should judge for myself...Please send photos to jefe@donzi.net :biggrin:

Cuda
12-06-2005, 01:30 PM
You gotta luv it! Especially since he was calling you out!

I reckon that'll learn him!

Hotspare
12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
IT'S WHAT WE DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never get tired of those DAMN DONZI STORIES .................

Rock on Brother ............... LOL.......:checkered

onesubdrvr
12-06-2005, 03:11 PM
You gotta luv it! Especially since he was calling you out!
I reckon that'll learn him!
Yeah,... like that guy that was calling me out at Lake Harris,...I could've took him!!

DONZI
12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Barry,
I guess it something we all have to deal with sooner or later. :biggrin.:
This (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40987 )seems like such a long time ago, as i look out at the frozen Tundra.:eek!: