PDA

View Full Version : Miami Boat Show 2006

GEOO
12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Who's going? Thinking of going?
I'm heading down with Dad, two brothers, and friend. My Dad and brother are dieing to go for a Saturday run to the Keys with the Donzi gang again. I'm working on getting something quicker then last year... We're flying down Friday am and leaving Sunday night.

ChromeGorilla
12-05-2005, 08:59 PM
That tub o' resin you had last year made it though.... ;) :biggrin.:

I already have the time off. Leaving here Tues night, picking up my boat on the way down and arriving late Wed. Boat show Thrs and Fri perhaps.... Saturday hitting the water..... hell if Friday is nice may hit the water then too..... Leaving early on Sunday morning on the return trip.

JimG
12-06-2005, 08:14 AM
We've got a group going this year: ourselves, CaptWK and Rhonda, Krakmeup and RA, and Madmax911 and Evie. Going to stay in Islamorada, and drive into the show on Friday. Partying in the Keys the rest of the time...:boat:

BUIZILLA
12-06-2005, 08:52 AM
For our Saturday run this time, we are leaving earlier, going MUCH farther south for lunch, and returning later than usual... if it's reasonably flat, we will be going oceanside on the way down, exiting Anglefish Creek, entering at Snake Creek, or Whale Harbor/Holiday Isle, and bayside journey on the way back, passing by Gilbert's... prolly be a 150-160 mile day... departure from Black Point dock at 0900 sharp... return to same dock by 1730 approx.

I will be doing a recon. trip during the holidays, to scope out route and dockside eaterie's, I have two places in mind so far for lunch,. so I really need a boat count soon....

So, who's in for this one?? no wimps need apply... bimini's allowed... thongs a must... topless even better...

Chris, if you don't bring a 29ZFO down for me, your forbidden from attending...(Lisa is allowed however)

JimG, where are you guys staying in Islamorada?? this could be fun

JH

JimG
12-06-2005, 08:59 AM
We're staying at a place called Chesapeake Resort. We stayed in Key Largo last year, and it was nice... but a little sleepy!

JimG

BUIZILLA
12-06-2005, 09:10 AM
PERFECT... that was my second choice for lunch, that's the Whale Harbor bridge, there is a cool biker place right behind that hotel, on the ocean, just gotta check on dockage for us....

JH

onesubdrvr
12-06-2005, 09:42 AM
So, who's in for this one?? no wimps need apply... bimini's allowed... thongs a must... topless even better......
JH

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Jim,.... I don't know how to say this, but I REALLY don't look very good in a thong anymore,.....

:biggrin:

To early for me to plan yet, but it's definately going on the list of "would like to attend"

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
12-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Jim,.... I don't know how to say this, but I REALLY don't look very good in a thong anymore,.....
:biggrin:
Wayne

I do though...... :biggrin:

Jim, I'm in 100%. Already have the time off of work. Not sure on my crew though.

gcarter
12-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Barring something important, like winning the Lotto, Elaine and I will be there.
What are the dates?

Team Jefe
12-07-2005, 07:53 AM
I do though...... :biggrin:
Jim, I'm in 100%. Already have the time off of work. Not sure on my crew though.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I feel like someone just stabbed me in the eyes with an Ice-pick....from inside my head. Chromey....do not say such things....it could cause and anurisum or something:boggled:

Luckily I have a nice stash of pictures of Michelle to sooth my pained brain:D

Unfortunately, Team Jefe will miss the show this year. We have too many projects and Like George I haven't won the Lotto Yet.

catch 22
12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Sounds like fun. What weekend in February?

donzi182003
12-08-2005, 10:29 AM
If the weekend and weather is right.. Count me in with the 25' Contender. May have to run WFO all day but what the hell.. It will be my 1st DONZI event and I dont even own one anymore :-(. ONE DAY MY TIME WILL COME AGAIN HAHAHA:beer:

Last Tango
12-09-2005, 08:21 AM
http://www.miamiboatshow.com/

There is only ONE weekend for this show each year.

How many of you are going to take time to see the Strictly Sail portion?:fire:

We need to get MadPoodle in on this thread.:beer:

gcarter
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the web site Mark.
I just checked room availability, everythings booked except the Marriott.
Any ideas?

Budmann
12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Donzi Jodi are in!!! :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :odie: :moped: :moped: Probably won't do the show. Seen it way to many times so what time Sat.? How long a run?
I think the only rooms left will be in Ft. Lauderdale. I just reserved our room.

Hampton Inn by the Ft.Lauderdale Airport.

BUIZILLA
12-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Bud, i'll do some room searches down by my house, :wink: :spit: :hyper: we are leaving from the ramp about 5 minutes from my house anyways...

ChromeGorilla
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Jim, I would be interested as well in any info you get...... TY....Scott

Budmann
12-09-2005, 04:29 PM
That would be awesome Jim!!! We just love hangin with you and your wife. She is a hoot!!:cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb:
If you need to contact us you can call us at home - 727-784-4242 or my cell is 727-637-7718. Cg... it will be nice to see that beautiful Donzi of yours again.

gcarter
12-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Yup, me too.

Islander
12-09-2005, 06:21 PM
Jim,
Count me in. Can't make up my mind if I should wear blue or red. I'll probably put in at Matheson and hook up with you at the Black Point channel entrance.

Budmann
12-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Scott you know this board can't stand to be without you that long!:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun
Please notify us before leaving again!!:cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb:

The Hedgehog
12-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Christina and I have not been to the show. Got to do it. We have been wanting to go for some time. We don't have time to bring a boat.

GEOO
01-04-2006, 02:09 PM
What time does every one want to meet for the lunch run from Miami to the Keys? Who can make it? I'm trying to get a boat for the run and need to get the possible times figured out. ?? 8:00 to 4:30 ??

ChromeGorilla
01-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Anytime is good for moi.

Budmann
01-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Jim, Scott, or anyone in South Florida, could I leave my boat at someone house, business, etc. I have lost to much stuff to leave my boat in a hotel parking lot. I would be more than happy to pay if that would help.

Who all is going to the Boat Show?? I guess if we want to go as a group that might be fun!:shades: :shades:

Let me know...

Budman

BUIZILLA
01-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Yo Bud, we got ya covered....

HootMaster

Budmann
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM
how bout thos seadogs...:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: always count on then to take care of bizznisness:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

thank you both Scott and Jim... I can't wait to see you both.

GREAT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

ChromeGorilla
01-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey Budmann.... where are you guys staying?

Budmann
01-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey Chrome... We are staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Its only about 30 minutes from the ramp and they still have rooms.
Either Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites.

Budmann
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Room booked!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D Going to be a great time. Chrome, if you need the address or phone of the Hampton Inn I'm staying in let me know.
Remember these romms are going fast!!! Don't wait to long or you will be sleeping in that 'Hot Boat" of yours!!:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

ChromeGorilla
01-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Half hour my tookis.......... last year I stayed IN Ft L and it was almost an hour to MP's digs....... PM your hotel info...... please....:wavey:

ChromeGorilla
01-05-2006, 06:07 PM
I was thinking about staying at a best western in Cutler Ridge. It seemed fairly decently located with respect to MP's house and the park from which we are leaving..... plus it was budget friendly...... , < $75/night.....

Any of you S. FL fellas wanna chime in as to location..... looked like it was near Cutler Ridge Mall...

BUIZILLA
01-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Chromey, there is a Hampton Inn right next to Dadeland Mall at Dadeland Station... we need to get you guys in there, if at all possible. Dadeland Marriott would be next... 5 minutes to the Poodle Pound.. FTL is toooo f'n far away

JH

Cuda
01-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Poodle, there are two chain motels on A1A, right where the turnpike comes across it. One of them has a bar. Do you know the name of it? We stayed there before. It's a truck to the boat show, but much closer to the boat ramp.

ChromeGorilla
01-05-2006, 07:07 PM
BZ..... I looked at that Hampton Inn.... but it's twice the rate for the Best Western. I ain't suckin on that federal titty no more ya know.....:biggrin:

Looks like I'll be stayin at the BW across from Cutler Ridge Mall.

But yes, I agree 100% on FTL...... stayed there last year and promised myself I wouldn't do it again this year...... it was a PITA.

BUIZILLA
01-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Alrighty then, there's another place at SW 146 st and US1, it used to be a BW, not sure what it is now. The Slutler Ridge place ain't bad though, 5 minutes from my house... nice T&A place next door... the owner of the hotel used to be a neighbor of mine...

JH

Budmann
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
O.k.... I won't second guess you South Florida Folks, However, I was born in ftl and I have also spent more time than I care to talk about in a BW.
Buizilla... when was the last time you and the miss stayed in a B.W.??????:boggled: :boggled: :boggled: :boggled:

I will be at the ramp in plenty of time for splash thirty.

Chrome... I have two queen beds and you are welcome to the other one.:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
01-06-2006, 05:06 AM
Traffic is the killer from FTL.. Granted, Chrome is obviously a slow driver if it took him that long to get here, but then again, he does drive a chubby :) :)

Keep Friday nite open....

I got a chubby for ya.......:p

I would figure 45 min drive time...

Like I said...almost an hour......:biggrin:

Half hour my tookis.......... last year I stayed IN Ft L and it was almost an hour to MP's digs....... PM your hotel info...... please....:wavey:

Cuda
01-06-2006, 05:11 AM
Is 146 where the turnpike meets A1A?

What's a BW?

Cuda
01-06-2006, 05:16 AM
Now I'm really lost. I guess it was US1?

Cuda
01-06-2006, 05:17 AM
146 & US1 is booked every year in advance of the show.. Get the name off of it tomorrow on the way to work and check, never hurts...
This 146.

donzi182003
01-06-2006, 06:49 AM
SW 146 st and US1 is a QUALITY INN. I set up some family members there not too long ago. Pretty decent accomodations. Bout 7 minute drive from boat ramp "Black Point".

catch 22
01-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I think we should make it a 3 day run to Key West.:biggrin.: :biggrin.: But if not we are in for Saturdays run to the Tiki Bar and Sandbar.:wink:

BabyDonzi
01-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Only two things could possibly stop us from attending;
Hitting the lottery (as mentioned above)
NOT LIKELY
Sky box suite, turn two @ Daytona (not mentioned above)
HIGHLY LIKELY
May the cards fall where they will!!
Catch, I warned you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rlol:

ChromeGorilla
01-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Room is booked. Only a few more weeks......:yes:

Budmann
01-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Where ya stayin Chrome??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ChromeGorilla
01-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Here..... http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do;jsessionid=D3B65C44F18C31C59B042E9B 2FD57559?propertyCode=10335

Rate on the net was $80/night, called 800 # and girl said like $90/ night. I said no thanks that it was cheaper on the net. She then quickly "found" a special for that weekend.... :rolleyes: $59/first 2 nights then $66 for Fri and Sat night. SO it turned out fairly good.

Budmann
01-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Great!!! I got a great deal too!!! Free!!!:cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb: :cistineb:

I have allot of Hilton Honors points from my last job so It will be worth the drive to save a couple of hundred dollars.
Mapquest says its 1 hour and 4 minutes to the ramp so I can live with that. Traffic shouldn't be to bad on Sat.
Hay M.p> and Buzill... send me your phone #'s on a pm so we can figure out what time to get together and to drop my boat with one of you if that is still ok.

Thanks again to both of you!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
01-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Bud.... when you going down? I am leaving here Tues afternoon, staying in GA tues night. Then leaving early Wed morning for S FLA. Probably arrive around dinner time on WED.

Budmann
01-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Looks like Thur. or Fri. Hey, if you don't have plans for Wed. night and want to save a night's stay in a motel you are welocme to stay with us and drive down on Thur.

I'm not that far from the Interstate and it might be fun to tinker with the boats alittle on Wed. night and maybe have a cocktail or two and get up Thur. morning and convoy down to South paradise.

Just a thought...

Bud

Air 22
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
:shades: :shades: Wish we could make the trip this year as running in those aqua blue waters is really fun.:) ...especially in the 22 out Gov't Cut and off South Beach as BVerd and I did last year. The run's south are beautiful as well. Poodle and Jim Haas really know the waters well.:shades: If you only go to one boat show a year...Miami is the one for sure!:yes: :shades:

Unfortunately the time off is just not there w/ new flying job and all. Hope to make it up when we finally make the move to West Palm area later in the year. :)

So Poodle.... your sprinklers are safe this year:eek: :) Watch out for Chrome!!:)

Budmann
01-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey Chrome... we just booked our room at your hotel:smile: :smile:
Bring that spare liver with you cause your gonna need it.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Budmann
01-20-2006, 02:45 PM
M.P., that would be great!!! Jim has a wedding to go to so he is ify. How far are you from the Best western??
We are booked for Thur. check out Sun. Figure we will leave early Thur. and get there sometime around 2 or 3.

ChromeGorilla
01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey Chrome... we just booked our room at your hotel:smile: :smile:
Bring that spare liver with you cause your gonna need it.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Awww chit! We'll see if the old folk can keep up with the young buck.....:D :wavey:

Budmann
01-20-2006, 02:54 PM
LOL!!! Don't worry, I replaced my liver with a big pool filter a couple years back so I will be ready!!:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

BUIZILLA
01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Bud, my house is 5 minutes from the hotel, we'll make room... :wavey:

JH

Budmann
01-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Works for me. Thanks anyway M.P. Are we going to all try and get together on night for din-din or something??

ChromeGorilla
01-21-2006, 10:11 AM
I hope so Bud. Hey....is your little sis gonna come down or what? A few months ago he said he was thinking about it....

Budmann
01-21-2006, 10:15 AM
I don't think so. He is enjoying going 100+ mph in that S.T.D. We had Sushi last night and I mentioned it again. If he does go it will be last minute.

Dalelama
01-22-2006, 08:10 AM
The Big Block Minx will be in attendance..........

Air 22...if I didn't scare you enough in SRQ.... you may wanna change your mind... I'll be supplying the "Booger Sammiches"! Bring the women.... "how much for the little girls!?!"

Extra INDOOR parking available at the hangar. (20 min to ramp)

ChromeGorilla
01-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Hows about a picture of that bitchin Minx with that bithcin decal installed????? C'mon....give up a pic already..... :biggrin.:

Dalelama
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Quess yer gonna have to wait and see fer yerself!!!

Johntrip
01-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the late reply...... I'm in for the Keys run for sure.!!!! Jim if your thinkin about Hogs Heaven, The channel goin in there is unmarked and tricky. I don't think larger boats have enough depth.... Black Point 9:00am sharp..... Sounds Good...!!!:sombrero:

ChromeGorilla
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Awesome news Johntrip.... see you there!

ChromeGorilla
01-25-2006, 03:45 PM
So this is the potential list for Saturdays fun run...... hope everyone makes it.... :yes:

Geoo and guests- rent a wacka
MadPoodle- boat
Buizilla- boat
Dalelama- boat
Islander-boat
donzi182003-boat (25' Contender)
GCarter and Elaine- boat
Cuda and Deb- boat
Budmann and Jodi- boat
Catch22- boat
Baby Donzi??- boat??
BigGreenZX- no boat but There will be plenty of seats available I'm sure.... you guys should show up...:yes:
Johntrip- boat
Chromegorilla- boat

Allard....... you goin or what? At what yummy boat will you hijack from work for this cruise...... cuz if its a ZR of any sort.... I leaving my boat at the dock and will be your humble rope bitch....:biggrin:

Budmann
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
:biggrin: :biggrin: Looks like a fun group!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Can't wait!!

Dalelama
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
I was planning on splashing at Matheson Hammock...thus avoiding the 20 min idle out of the channel. And it's much closer to the abode......Anyone else planning on the same? I figure departure just after 8am.... and meeting mid-Bay.

Cuda
01-25-2006, 04:38 PM
I guess I better get off my ass and make reservations. I just realised yesterday how close the event is.

onesubdrvr
01-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Well, Momma's gotta work that weekend,

But I'm thinking I may come anyway,

first I was thinking I'd just drag everyone down there sans boat, and just bum rides, but rides for 6 is ALOT

Now, Momma is scheduled to work, so it would just be me - and the kids. Now, the Ragazza has pretty high freeboard, but a very shallow V, would I get beat up (last time I ran a boat down there, is was a 13' Orlando Clipper, and it was 20 years ago) - and only ran about 30. It was OK, but if you guys are haulin arse, it might get rough for me and the kids. Does anybody have a hireable babysitter to ride along and make sure the 2yr old doesn't jump out? Has anyone ever put a car seat in a boat?

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
01-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Poodle..... .. do you and the Heidster like cheesecake?

Lenny
01-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Got my "Livorsi" invitation in the mail today here.

Made me think of there.

Made me think of the warm water and funny clouds, and in general, a grand ol' time...

Now, back to the giant black clouds I have here and the 42 degree water and high winds coming in off the Pacific. :(

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ChromeGorilla
01-25-2006, 08:41 PM
There's still time my friend...... 3 day weekend in S Fl...... c'mon...you know you want to.....:yes:

BUIZILLA
01-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Due to an unfortunate, but highly necessary turn of events, I may not be able to do the full Saturday run. I need to be somewhere else late afternoon and evening. I'm not sure of Poodle's final Saturday run plans as yet, but i'm sure it will be worthwhile... Janice and I are trying to plan a get together for Thursday or Friday night, or both, maybe at our house, or a nearby eatery. Chromey and Bud can leave their boats at my house. I may take off work Friday and do a run then, if anyone wants to do the long one on that day. Don't let my Saturday situation, deter anyone from their plans that day. I'm wide open for Friday and Sunday plans though.

:lobster: :smileybo: :cool: :yes: :shades: :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
We are running in fairly protected waters, not to worry.. Yes, a baby seat can be installed, not an issue.... we have the techanolugee :) :)

Well, I'll definately consider it then,.......gotta make a new sun pad first, and fire the engine up, it's been a couple of months!!

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
01-27-2006, 06:09 AM
I will be.

Budmann
01-27-2006, 09:42 AM
I am too!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Hey Jim... no worries on the Sat. run. I am coming into town on Thur. so we can boat Fri. and Sat. And even Sun. if you want.
Their Donzi's and that's what they do.:) :) :) :) :) :)

Dalelama
01-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Howzabout a friday afternoon run to downtown Miami & Miami Beach?

Budmann
01-28-2006, 10:32 AM
M.P. sounds great!! Can we bring anything. I have allot of fireworks that I will bring.
See everyone Thur.

onesubdrvr
01-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Scott,

Count a tentative 2 more for Friday evening - momma and I gots us a possible babysitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Let us know if we can bring anything!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, looks like I've got some good boating news,....

Mommas new position at the bank is VP/ head of compliance and auditing, so, as it would be unethical for her to handle the day to day transactions that she does now, she is no longer on the Saturday work list!!

So, looks like we are going to try and make it down with the 2 big kids for the Keys run Saturday!!

See Y'all then!
Wayne

MikeMiller
01-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Poodle, any room for a non-Donzi owner at your home for this event? I would love to be there Friday.

Let me know. I'll be at show starting Feb 11th (Sunday) through 22nd (Tuesday)! Could use the rest, comaraderie, drinking, relaxation, and seeing old friends.

Need directions from Collins Avenue. Anybody need some room to crash?? I have a little room but could accommodate a beautiful room mate!

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey Mikey....you gonna be able to tag along on the run Sat?

Budmann
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Yea, c'mon Mikey!!:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Plenty of room in the boats for you our friend!!!

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Poodle doin some recon missions...... man I can't wait! Looking forward to that weekend.......

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh....and living in the rebel south I now have a nice little stash of pyrotechnics......... I may bring a little bit down....... think we can get the cops called on us.....:biggrin:

MikeMiller
02-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Would love to make the run - but no... some of us have to work! Thanks. See you there!

Islander
02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I was planning on splashing at Matheson Hammock...thus avoiding the 20 min idle out of the channel. And it's much closer to the abode......Anyone else planning on the same? I figure departure just after 8am.... and meeting mid-Bay.

I'm planning the same. Let's get together there. What time will you be there?

Cuda
02-01-2006, 07:52 PM
How far away from where we are launching is 409 SE 1st Ave in Florida City?

BUIZILLA
02-01-2006, 08:04 PM
How far away from where we are launching is 409 SE 1st Ave in Florida City?I think thats the Mexican Counselete building :biggrin:

Cuda
02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Too far south? I think that's where we stayed the last time we were there.

Cuda
02-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm not that far from the Interstate and it might be fun to tinker with the boats alittle on Wed. night
Bud
Now you sound like your brother, only he would wait until Saturday morning. :)

Budmann
02-02-2006, 01:26 PM
LOL!!! I guess I have been hanging out with Fish alittle to much!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
I really ment making sure the drink holders work!

Cuda
02-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Does this look familiar?:biggrin:

Budmann
02-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Do I have to claim him as family???:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MikeMiller
02-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Poodle,

Need directions and times from Collins Avenue - South Beach.

ChromeGorilla
02-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Woohoo...8 days till the "Yankee express" Leaves SC...... look out Miamuh...:hyper:

BUIZILLA
02-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Chromey, i'll alert the media :eek: :jestera: they might be a tad busy covering the Fountain that ran aground with 14 refugee's though, so don't get to jealous if they ask you to wait before your interview...

anonymous

Dalelama
02-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Manny,

8 am @ Matheson... I've got to run out to the airport to park the plane at the static line for the airshow that weekend, pick up the boat from the hangar and blast.

BTW... you got mail..........

For those with some spare time on sunday.....
AIRSHOW @ Kendall-Tamiami Airport!
Aerobatics... Warbirds & more

www.wingsovermiami.com

Dalelama
02-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I forgot.

Cuda
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
How far away from the ramp is 990 N Homestead Blvd?

ChromeGorilla
02-09-2006, 05:56 PM
OK peeps...... which ramp is the majority going to use on Sat... Matheson Hammock or the udder one? Sounds like more people are wanting to use matheson.... am I incorrec? Is one more advantageous than the other?????

onesubdrvr
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
OK peeps...... which ramp is the majority going to use on Sat... Matheson Hammock or the udder one? Sounds like more people are wanting to use matheson.... am I incorrec? Is one more advantageous than the other?????
I asked Poodle this same question, and he said "we are launching here"

http://www.miamidade.gov/parks/Parks/black_point_marina.a:confused: s

That's where I'm heading atleast - but, new worries about lack of baby-sitter, trying to figure that out now :confused: :confused:

Fun Fun Fun
Wayne

Budmann
02-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Last I heard we were all launching @ 10775 Caribbean Blvd. If this is incorrect please let us know.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dalelama
02-09-2006, 09:13 PM
My apologies for any confusion I may have caused....

Baxter's plans were to launch from BLACK POINT Marina... more protected run to the Keys and shorter by about 10 miles or so.

I will launch from Matheson Hammock which is NORTH of BP and closer to my home.... but farther away from the destination....

BTW... WHERE are we going? :)

Sorry !

Budmann
02-10-2006, 06:12 AM
Could I impose on someone's good nature to get me a couple of tickets to the show. I will gladly pay you Tuesday for tickets on Friday!:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

ChromeGorilla
02-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Bud...good point..... I need a ticket for Thrs.......... will give ya $$$ when I see ya... whomever it is....

also...MP... is it cool if I spend afternoon on Fri. cleaning my boat at your place????? That way I woun't show up with a ratty azz boat on Sat mornin.... All I need is a hose..... boat needs a good cleaning in and out after sitting for 4 months..... pretty please?:crossfing :D

boatbase1
02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I know this is off topic , but for any one who can't make it to Fla and is stuck north. The boston show will be going on and I will have A 43 Zr there to warm you up . Should be a good show (not close to what Miami will be ,but cool for us trapped) Come and check us out in Bean town.

Budmann
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks Scott!! And don't worry, I'm going to clean my boat before I come down!!!:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
02-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks Scott!! And don't worry, I'm going to clean my boat before I come down!!!:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Oh you so funny...........:smash: :biggrin:

boatbase1
02-11-2006, 08:17 AM
26 Zr ya mee too sounds like a sweet ride.:yes:

Budmann
02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Anything special us Northern( thats gotta be the first time I've said that on this board):tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Folks should bring. Willwe be going out at all while we're there. M.P. is cooking out but what about the other nights. Are we to fend for ourselves??
Just let me know.... please.

Bud

Dalelama
02-13-2006, 03:38 PM
There's gonna be a gathering out at the airport sat afternoon and sunday after the airshows... paella on sat... BBQ on sun

Pilot types... drink alot and like to go fast... probably not your kind of peeps!

Cuda
02-14-2006, 11:24 AM
I booked at room at the Super Eight in Homestead. I might be south of BFE, and it may be crack town, but at least I have a room. We plan on leaving Thursday morning to drive down. We'll probably drop the 22 off at Scott's place, then head to our room. Friday, we'll probably hit the show for a bit, then go to the Oso party Friday, then be ready to run Saturday morning.

Budmann
02-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Woohoo!!!! Just got back from shakedown run. New Carb! Gained 4 mph on GPS!! Putting on new alternator tonight and 1200 watt system in tomorrow.:eek: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh yea!!!!!!

donzi182003
02-14-2006, 03:16 PM
I recruited 3 more people. My uncle is coming in his 40th Anniversary 22. Hes was happy as a pig in mud when I let him know about it!!!!!

I need to know if there are other outboard boats going because if there isnt I will try to pass on taking the Contender. I have my father and my buddy who just sold his 22 ( and was crying as I was when we came to the realization we are doing this run Donziless..:banghead: ) that would like to join if I do bring the big boat but I dont wanna slow the group down.

Let me know,
Ed

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 03:43 PM
We'll probably drop the 22 off at Scott's place, then head to our room. Friday, we'll probably hit the show for a bit, then go to the Oso party Friday

Man, leaves his boat there but stands us up on Fri night.....:biggrin: :smash: :biggrin: ;)

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 03:45 PM
I recruited 3 more people. My uncle is coming in his 40th Anniversary 22. Hes was happy as a pig in mud when I let him know about it!!!!!
I need to know if there are other outboard boats going because if there isnt I will try to pass on taking the Contender. I have my father and my buddy who just sold his 22 ( and was crying as I was when we came to the realization we are doing this run Donziless..:banghead: ) that would like to join if I do bring the big boat but I dont wanna slow the group down.
Let me know,
Ed

Ed, last year GEOO and his family rented a resin bucket with O/B's. We just stopped every once in a while to enjoy the scenery and shoot the **** while he caught up... wasn't a burden at all... hell Dwight even jumped in the bilge and started to spit an polish for a while.....:biggrin:

The more the merrier... thats great your uncle is coming too!

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Woohoo!!!! Just got back from shakedown run. New Carb! Gained 4 mph on GPS!!

Bud..... so whats that make it now....56 MPH..... :D ;) ;) :D

Putting on new alternator tonight and 1200 watt system in tomorrow.:eek: :eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh yea!!!!!!

Hell yeah.....you go girl!

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 03:49 PM
but at least I have a room.

So....... going with a JOEtel huh....... :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
02-14-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm out,.....

Having some problems at the casa right now, won't be making it Friday or Saturday :splat: :confused:

Have fun with out me (I know you will), and take lots of pictures, I'm gonna want to start working on the SEADOG '06 video soon. E-mail 'em to me at onesubdrvr@southeastdonzi.net

Also, Chromie, don't you owe me a cd or 2? :biggrin:

A Toon boat,... really? crap, what's next? :confused:

Wayne

donzi182003
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
I can pull low 40's cruising in the tender but I can easily bum a ride with my uncle in his bright yellow rocket. We shall see.I will be there one way or another. Reason I want to take the fish boat is because I would like to take the old man along for the ride. He loves the Donzis just as much as I do.. after all it is his name on the Contenders title:biggrin:

Budmann
02-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Crome... you soooo funnier!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
182003 there will be plenty of room in several boats if you want to come boatless.
You are still considered donzi peeps even though you sold out!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cuda
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Bud..... so whats that make it now....56 MPH..... :D ;) ;) :D
!
In that case, Buddy and us will be running side by side in identical looking boats. :)

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Awe come on!!!! I pull out an obscure reference like Joetel and get no props..... shesh.... :biggrin:

Cuda
02-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Awe come on!!!! I pull out an obscure reference like Joetel and get no props..... shesh.... :biggrin:
I'm reserving judgement on the Joetel status until we get there. :)

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Well...leaving in 6 hours. It was 63 here today.... maybe I can bring some warm weather down with me..... I saw your lows last night..... OMG...... see YALL 'later on tommorrow.... :biggrin:

donzi182003
02-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Budmann: "You are still considered donzi peeps even though you sold out!!!!"

Ouch... pull the knife out of my heart lol:) Yes, Yes I know Im a bad person but for selling the boat but when my wallet gets fatter again I promise I will be back with a vengeance!!!! 496 HO anyone?????:eek:

Budmann
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
182003... nothin but love for ya!!!:shades: :shades: :shades: just messin with ya!!
Will be fun meeting you guys and having some beers.

See ya there...

Bud

Cuda
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Okay, the verdict is in. It's definetlly a Joetel.:frown: :frown:

donzi182003
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
I think we should get a final boat count. The list may have changed from the first time it was posted. I am in. Still waiting for the verdict on the outboard attendees....:stan:

sweet 16 1966
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
The below were at the show. I had to make a business trip and found 3 hours
to see as much as I could. It was dubbed as the world largest boat show.
It would take 3 days to see all. I did find 2 Donzi's but the rest will have to be found by others as I ran out of time and will fly home in the am. Good luck to those who have more time!