PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article in newspaper

Ed Donnelly
12-04-2005, 04:36 PM
If this offends anyone I am truely sorry, and the powers to be, can delete it.
Merry Christmas to all. OOPS, I meant seasons greetings. I also forget that there is no longer a Christmas break for school kids, its, winter break.

Just substitute U.S.A. where it says Canada..........Ed

joseph m. hahnl
12-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Well I take offence to Happy Holidays too> Who are you to tell me to be happy? I mean it is my god given right to be a miserable suffering bastard.Did I say god I mean higher being. "That just sounds so retarded" What do you call an evergreen tree decorated with lights and orniments and tinsel.
Hmmmmm. IT IS WHAT IT IS LIKE IT OR NOT!!!! After all what holiday is the tree for.
Some people get offended when I fart. That ain't gunna stop me from doin it:jestera:

I totally agree with the article if you don't like it leave.

joe

Doug G
12-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Amen! I had a woman in my store last week who told me our "Holiday Trees" looked beautiful. She wasn't very happy when I corrected her and told her they were Christmas trees. She started with the PC BS, which I politely listened to...for about 3 seconds, then told her if she was offended, there is the door.
It is about time we started sticking up for our customs, history, culture.

SideshowRob
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Augh!! Don't get me started on this one. I'm so tired of the whole "please everyone" subject. If I had to live my life making sure I didn't offend anyone, I'd have to stay in the basement. I remember growing up we used to celebrate Christmas around our Christmas tree, and I will tell you this, No One is going to tell me that is not right. You know what, if someone doesn't agree with my views, that's fine, there are thousands of views I don't agree with, but growing up in this country (continent for that matter) I have been taught that we are intitled to our own beliefs. Great! But hang on a minute here, 20 yrs ago I don't recall this being an issue; it was still Christmas then, so what happened? I don't go to someones house and tell them they decorated it wrong, and bring music I like, because there's isn't my taste. Do that for more than a couple miunutes, I might get asked to go back to my own house Hmmmmm? So why is this happening? If someone doesn't like Christmas, that's okay, but let those who want to, do so.
Anyways I could go on all day here, but I won't. I will say this though, I am going Christmas shopping, I will get a Christmas tree, and to everyone out there regardless of where you're from:canada: I hope you all have a Merry Christmas (but only if you want to). :ribbon: :england: :italy: :sweden: :newzealan :germany: