PDA

View Full Version : Serious Booty-Butt Wear

Jraysray
12-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Now that I have your attention, I was wondering if it was possible to repair a leather seat? I have a 2000 Expedition and the driver seat is starting to tear and wear out.
Does anyone know if there is a way to repair this? I have seen repair kits on TV but doubt their capability.

mphatc
12-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I deal with leather uphostery in cars very often. Repairs aren't ussually successful, I suggest either replace the seat, or go to a dealer and buy new leather covers.

Used seats for common vehicles like yours should be easily located thru a good salvage yard. Find one local to you and work with them,let them do the serching, don't work with a yard 1000 miles away directly. You want the security of dealing with a face straight on!

Don't ask how I know!

Mario L.

Blewbyu
12-03-2005, 04:21 AM
Amen on what Mario said.......
Regards-Jeff:bonk:

joseph m. hahnl
12-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Use some brown Duck tape "AKA duct tape"
you didn't say it had to look good:eek:

just kidding i believe the dealer sells the original covers with out the entire seat.

joe.

Jraysray
12-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Use some brown Duck tape "AKA duct tape"
you didn't say it had to look good:eek:
just kidding i believe the dealer sells the original covers with out the entire seat.
joe.

I knew the "DUCK tape" would show up. I will check into the cover. The whole seat option is $$$$$. I'll sit on the dogs blanket before that happens.

LKSD
12-03-2005, 03:37 PM
New covers are your best bet, However we used to do leather & vinyl repair. If its done right & the area isnt too big or ratty it can look good. You may want to check in your area for a vinyl or leather repair surgeon. Although depending on how bad the seat is it may be cheaper to replace the cover... Jamie :)