PDA

View Full Version : MADCOW Winter Get Together - Vote on Which Weekend

Ranman
12-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey everyone. As most of you know we like to get the MADCOWS together during the winter to have dinner, drink cocktails and talk Donzi's. This is a poll that will help determine the best weekend to do it. Please vote for the Saturday(s) you can make it and we'll pick the day that receives the best response. If you can make it to more that one of the dates, vote for both!

Carl C
12-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Each of the 3 works equally well for me, however I work Saturdays usually untill 6 PM. I can leave early. What would be the aprox. time and location of the gathering????????

DonziChick
12-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Can I come? :D

I know I don't live in Michigan, but I can pretend!

Donzi Jenn
12-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Elizabeth,
Of course you can come. And if you need a place to stay over night, Randy and I would love to have you. Just let us know!
DJ

Ranman
12-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Each of the 3 works equally well for me, however I work Saturdays usually untill 6 PM. I can leave early. What would be the aprox. time and location of the gathering????????

We typically do Dinner from 6:30 - 8:00 or so at Mongolian BBQ in Novi. Then we head to 5th Avenue Ballroom around the corner for cocktails, pool, etc.

Carl C
12-01-2005, 08:34 PM
We typically do Dinner from 6:30 - 8:00 or so at Mongolian BBQ in Novi. Then we head to 5th Avenue Ballroom around the corner for cocktails, pool, etc. That would work for me.:yes:

DonziChick
12-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Elizabeth,
Of course you can come. And if you need a place to stay over night, Randy and I would love to have you. Just let us know!
DJ

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that. I'd love to come up and see everyone during the winter :) Right now all of those weekends are free for me. I don't believe I have to go to the wedding that dad has to.

Atomic Tan
12-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Count Patti and I in. As of today all three weekends are fine but if Jerry can't make it on the 21st I vote for the last two. Hope you can make it Elizabeth.
Looking forward to seeing all of you.
Carl

Jerry Eisele
12-03-2005, 07:14 AM
At this point I'm going for the Feb. date, sounds like a great time!! Looks like we have a group of Buckeyes heading North?? Byron, you best get those glow plugs working!!!

gold-n-rod
12-11-2005, 12:00 PM
To the top.

I've never eaten in a Mongolian BBQ, even though they have one in my town. Do they offer anything a vegan could/would eat???

Just askin, I can always order off the liquid diet menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

goatee
12-12-2005, 11:12 PM
To the top.
I've never eaten in a Mongolian BBQ, even though they have one in my town. Do they offer anything a vegan could/would eat???
Just askin, I can always order off the liquid diet menu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:
basically, its like a buffet of raw food. meat, veggies, you name it!
you pile whatever you want in a bowl and bring it to the grill, and they grill it right there in front of you. roll it in a pita, and wash it down with guinness.
(i just follow randy and jenn, they got it down!) :yes:

Ranman
12-12-2005, 11:34 PM
To the top.

I'm not real keen on the vegan rules, but I would think you could swing it. Like Goat said, you select your ingrediants add sauce and powder spices and they cook the "stir fry" on a big grill in front of you. I'm guessing you could pick all veggies and/or tofu, skip the meats and dairy and be fine. The mix will be cooked on a common grill next to meats etc, if that makes any difference...

Tony
12-15-2005, 09:37 PM
gold-n-rod Randy...You and your wife need to plan on attending this event! Cherri and I have been to two, and both were a blast. One year we reserved a nearby hotel room, spent Saturday shopping (yippee!), partied MADCOW style, then crashed after a short drive back to the hotel. It was a nice get-away.

Right now my attendance is iffy, since I officiate volleyball tournaments on each of the aforementioned Saturdays. But, some tournaments are well run and finish by late afternoon, so I am keeping my options open.

gold-n-rod
12-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Great idea, Tony. There are several good hotels in that area. It sounds like fun.

Unless your tourney is a huge distance away, barring an extra long day, seems like you could be at the party by 6 or so, even with the drive to Novi (45 min from greater Lansing with dry roads).

Looking forward to the event. Hope to see you there.

boldts
01-06-2006, 11:13 AM
All, has the date been finalized on this yet? I'm hoping my schedule will allow me to come up. I work Sundays, so I'll need a day off to come up, stay over and drive back home. Since many of you attending also help me with AOTH, it would be a great opportunity to talk to you and lay out our plan of attack. Hope I can work this trip in.

DonziChick
01-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I've been planning on the first weekend in February. Is this still a go?

Ranman
01-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey everyone. Sorry for the long delay in responding to this. I have been without internet service for the past couple of weeks due to my move.

I've just realized that the day with the most votes is the Saturday night before the Super Bowl which is being held here in Detroit. Unfortunatly, this means I can't attend if we choose this day for the gathering. Is everyone else aware of this as well or am I the only dope who didn't figure it out earlier?

I am more than happy to organize the night for everyone regardless of whether I can make it, but, I'm wondering if this effects any one else's plans?.

Please let me know what you all think. Should we keep Saturday February 4 and move forward, choose an alternate day, or reschedule completely with a re-vote? Suggestions are appreciated.

Sorry for all the confusion on this one guys...

tamburello
01-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I didn't notice it was possible to select multiple dates until after I had voted, but we have kept our schedule open for all of the possible dates, so any of them work well for us.

- Jeff

goatee
01-10-2006, 12:26 PM
i'm good for all dates. i believe i did vote for all too.
and since i am good for all dates, if there is anyone coming in from out of town,
on any different dates than others,, give me a call. i would still love to have dinner whatever the date is. 586-260-1213

gold-n-rod
01-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry for the long delay in responding to this. I have been without internet service for the past couple of weeks due to my move.
I've just realized that the day with the most votes is the Saturday night before the Super Bowl which is being held here in Detroit. Unfortunatly, this means I can't attend if we choose this day for the gathering. Is everyone else aware of this as well or am I the only dope who didn't figure it out earlier?
I am more than happy to organize the night for everyone regardless of whether I can make it, but, I'm wondering if this effects any one else's plans?.
Please let me know what you all think. Should we keep Saturday February 4 and move forward, choose an alternate day, or reschedule completely with a re-vote? Suggestions are appreciated.
Sorry for all the confusion on this one guys...

The 2/4 date would also eliminate the "get a room for the night" plans, since I'd guess they are all booked. Plus the restaurants and clubs will be full of out-of-towners.

The January dates are really not an option since they are almost here and other obligations have emerged.

I say start fresh with post 2/4 dates and re-poll.

goatee
01-13-2006, 11:19 PM
im not so sure about that.. troy is not exactly "close" to downtown det.
it's been some time since we had the SB here, so i dont know. how many people really follow this if they have no tickets? add that to th 60k ford field seats, less the number of locals that have tickets,,??

i dunno, like i said, i'm good anytime.
it just sux people have been planning on this, and randy and jen can't come to the very dinner party they planned.

Tony
01-14-2006, 09:05 PM
I vote to re-schedule, like gold-n-rod Randy said.
I'll be at the Kid Rock concert on February 4th!

Jerry Eisele
01-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Pick a new date Randy. I agree, that Super Bowl weekend would be crazy!!! I'll try my best to make it, but things are starting to fill the calender. I always have a great time, when around the MADCOW group!!!

Ranman
01-17-2006, 02:26 PM
MADCOW event to be rescheduled...