PDA

View Full Version : What's Yer Name?

SideshowRob
11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
I was just on another boating site. I know, I'm sorry, but I was doing research. Anyway, there was one post asking what people had named their Boats. So, seeing as I'm new here, and don't know many of you or your boat names, I thought I'd ask.
First off though I'll tell you about ours.
As some of you know our Donzi was owned by the same gentleman we recently purchased our house from. So here is the story
A long time ago (at least 10 years) I came up with a name I liked for a boat, it was good because not many of us really need our boats, we just want them. Anyways at the time of the name I could not afford a boat to put the name on. Enter the Donzi. I had known of it for years through a good friend who used to drool when he talked about it, we also knew that the owner would sell, but alas there was no money.
This fall the Donzi owners house came up for sale, which just happened to be in the exact area we wanted to live and priced right for our budget. I told Nicole (girlfriend/ Co-Pilot) about the boat she was curious, she thought since we would be living 500 yards from the lake, a boat would be good. I know I was impressed too! We asked about the boat, and yes he would give us a good deal on it. Here's the thing, it may not be a very appropriate use of funds, when you've just bought a house; a misuse if you will.
So, after many years of not really being able to afford it, and now when we really shouldn't have.
We own Miss Appropriation.:canada: :cool:
And we Regret Nothing!

Chili 18
11-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Chili
Like the pepper... Not a steaming bowl o beans.
Cause shes so Hot. of course.
And at the time, I planned to be in the desert SW the next year. Plans change,,, Still on the big lake Michigan.

txtaz
11-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Taz's Devil. Because I'm Taz and she can be a little devil.
Da Taz

Schnook
11-30-2005, 10:10 PM
We haven't named our boat yet.
My name is Hans, so my wife wants to call it 'Hansy's Donzi'.
She has ultimate veto power, too...
Any thoughts? comments? taunts?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-30-2005, 10:14 PM
2003 Donzi 33ZX
Named: Z-RATED
Thought process: X Rated was too mild, and the Z of ZX etc.
Bryan

Ed Donnelly
11-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Fine Whine 11 Because you didn't hear the exhaust, just the whine of the twin turbos.. Fine Wine, was my 16' Donzi with twin turbos......Ed

SideshowRob
11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
Hans, if you had the fastest boat on the lake you could call her Hans Down. People would see you go by and say that's the fastest boat around hands down.(just don't sink it, or do either way it'll work) Or if your wife wants to veto you, she could call her Hans off!
-All Hans on deck?
-Hans on the wheel?
....I'm sure I should be doing something right now??? :rolleyes: :smileybo:

mrfixxall
12-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Say Bye Bye Because Its Quick...

TBroccoli
12-02-2005, 12:26 PM
"Made Ya Look". Because it makes everyone look.

joseph m. hahnl
12-02-2005, 04:44 PM
MY Minx's name is Rooster Tail.

"NO explanation nesessary"

joe

ChromeGorilla
12-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Damn Yankee

1. I love the Yankees
2. I am from NY and I live in the south now with rebel flag flying 'necks...

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/2445sta1.JPG

Moody Blu'
12-02-2005, 06:57 PM
bought the boat with the name.
MOODY BLU' It suits it very well.Some times it has temper tantrums and starts jumpin out of the water:biggrin: