PDA

View Full Version : what lake do u live on.

need for speed
11-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Question what lake do u live on?
We are looking at lake homes !! :D

gcarter
11-30-2005, 08:55 AM
I live on Lake Griffin on the Harris Chain of Lakes, in Central Florida.

BUIZILLA
11-30-2005, 08:56 AM
my lakehouse is on Centerhill Lake in TN, about 1 hour east of Nashville....

NICE area.

JH

Woodsy
11-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Lake Winnipesaukee.... home of the infamous Winni Bandits!

Woodsy

Carl C
11-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Not on, but a stones throw away, from Lake Oakland. This lake has been famous (or infamous?) for Donzis for a long time.:)

txtaz
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Not on but close to Lakes Menida and Canyon. PLUS I have the only Donzi on it unless Richard and Mark come to play.
Da Taz

glashole
11-30-2005, 09:59 AM
there is also only one donzi on our lake (bay)

Weller's Bay in Ontario Canada

great spot for summer fun

big sand beach etc

Shea

AC18Classic
11-30-2005, 10:17 AM
I have to drive approx 1 hour to reach water. I either go to the Chesapeake Bay or to the South Jersey shore.

need for speed
11-30-2005, 10:20 AM
:yes: wow so many nice lakes , now we just need to find one where Laurie will be able to get and accounting job.( controller). i can work anywhere :biggrin: monster job here we come!!

r place here is up for sale so time will tell!

olredalert
11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
-------Halfway between Lake Huron and Lake St.Clair on the St.Clair river. I love it. The endless feel of big water (ocean) yet nice fresh water for my aluminum heads.........Bill S

Carl C
11-30-2005, 11:22 AM
-------Halfway between Lake Huron and Lake St.Clair on the St.Clair river. I love it. The endless feel of big water (ocean) yet nice fresh water for my aluminum heads.........Bill S Bill, I plan on frequenting those waters next summer I'd like to hook up with you and other Madcows.

chappy
11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Lake Wallenpaupack, Pennsylvania. Thirteen miles long, fifty two miles of shoreline. I own one of few Donzi's I've ever seen on this lake. If you're really interested in real estate up here, visit the website www.pare.org. Best of luck.:cool:

Rootsy
11-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Silver Lake in the Irish Hills of Michigan... bout 5 miles due west of Michigan International Speedway... well the summer place now... i done moved to the sticks... all that's around me are corn, beans and alfalfa... and plenty of deer and stray cats... :rolleyes:

Patti
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Silver Lake in the Irish Hills of Michigan... bout 5 miles due west of Michigan International Speedway... well the summer place now... i done moved to the sticks... all that's around me are corn, beans and alfalfa... and plenty of deer and stray cats... :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: I can do without the cats..specially at 3am in the morning

Schnook
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I live about 3 miles from Lewisville Lake, on the north side of Dallas. It's a fair sized lake, but there are also several nice lakes within 1.5 to 2 hrs if you want some variety.

CHACHI
11-30-2005, 01:32 PM
Weekends in the summer..........St. Lawrence River, 6 miles from Lake Ontario.
US side. Ken

Sam
11-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Permanent part time for now ;) on Harsend Island, Lk St Clair Mich.

Sam

ChromeGorilla
11-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Come on up to Greenville. Lots of jobs up here and area is awesome. You could live on Lake Hartwell and Greenville is ony a 35 minute commute...... Thats what we are working towards....

mattyboy
11-30-2005, 10:13 PM
I used to live in lake :smileybo: kocka,
then I spent some time in Veronica Lake, :eek: :tongue:

now I am in greenwood lake ny/nj

:rlol: :jestera:

Ed Donnelly
11-30-2005, 11:15 PM
10 minutes from Lake Ontario........Ed

Cuda
12-01-2005, 07:06 AM
If I were you, and I wanted to stay in Florida, there's no doubt that up near gcarter is the best place for lake boating. The Harris chain has several large lakes that are connected with canals. There are also plenty of businesses around that area, it's not out in the boonies. I'll be there Saturday for the Toys for Tots run.

undertaker
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Atlantic ocean..
Screw lakes :D :D :D

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Undertaker:stan:

need for speed
12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
thanks for all the great ideas.... :smash:

boldts
12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Columbus, OH. Plenty of Accountant needs here and an awful lot of fresh water all around. Lake Erie for that better than ocean feel 2.5 hours north. Ohio river about 2 hours south. Lake Cumberland 6 hours south west. In the area you have Buckeye Lake, Alumn Creek Res., Oshanise (sp) Res., Indian Lake. All fresh water to save the chrome and electrical wiring on the boat. Oh and if you like racing, we have Drag, Tractor, Snowmobile, NASCAR, Indy, WOO, Offshore, Drag Boat, Motocross all around the area. We have Ice Hockey, Soccor, Ohio State college football, PGA, Pro Bowling tour, a couple pro football teams and a couple pro baseball teams all in a easy drive time.

Really a diverse area for sure. Yea, it's not 70 + degrees every day, but that just adds snow skiing and ice skating to the mix. Good luck in your search for a new lake home.

Forrest
12-02-2005, 02:13 PM
. . . if you trying to find a lake where hurricanes won't get you but still in the south and close to Florida, check out Lake Eufaula (Lake Walter F. George) on the Alabama / Georgia line. The lake is 190 feet above sea level and two hours to Panama City. It's 85 miles long and has 650 miles of shoreline and is never crowded - except for when we host the annual Labor Day Donzi event! Though a little out in the boonies, I like is so much that I just bought a lake-front house with a dock on the Georgia side. Close on Dec 9.

Eugene Nahemow
12-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Homes on Clear Lake, California & Lake Tahoe, California

roadtrip se
12-02-2005, 05:22 PM
very soon....

DonziDave
12-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I live on beautiful Lake Wylie south of Charlotte, NC.

I sometimes forget how lucky I am to live on this great lake. It's easy to get busy with work and other activities and take it for granted. To be able to walk down to my boathouse, flip a switch, lower the boat, and be on the water in five minutes. To be able to dive off the dock for a swim after a bad day at the office. To be able to enjoy the beautiful view.
I am a lucky, lucky, man who sometimes doesn't appreciate what I have....

:smile:

The Hedgehog
12-03-2005, 09:57 AM
We live on Eufaula. It is everything that Forrest has mentioned. 45 minutes from Columbus Ga and 45 minutes from Dothan. The town itself has some work (about 18,000 people). Local schools are good and the town is really beautiful with lots of historic homes. We are seeing good growth but not too much. Lots of nice people here.

need for speed
12-04-2005, 11:36 AM
all sound great ... Does anyone know anything about lakes in and around Maple Lake MN, area... Laurie has a job she might have a lead on 20 miles from maple lake MN.. but never been there,, cold yes but what else...

gcarter
12-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Charly, if you read the Toys for Tots thread, you'll notice a young man from Minniapolis was with us. He said it was 17* yesterday and that his season runs from late May to mid September.
He also said he's never seen so many performance boats in his life as yesterday on Lake Harris.