PDA

View Full Version : Need windshield for '81 22 classic

harry4
11-29-2005, 01:14 AM
:rolleyes: Just picked up a 1981 22 classic, it has the eyebrow windshield which is split on both sides, any ideas on where I can get a replacement? Superglue, ducktape?

farmer tx
11-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Harry, Nice to see you found what you were looking for. I used Design Plastics in Ft. Lauderdale to reproduce my windshield with the eyebrows. They did a great job. I was really happy with it.

How about some pics when you get a chance, really like the older 22's.

Mark

harry4
11-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Mark....Couldn't have done it w/o you, nice lead, we'll see what she looks like upon arrival, nice people to work with over there. Thought I'd get a headstart on the windshield, do you have an address or phone # for the Florida co.? I asked the mechanic how fast he thought she was and he said that the lake was so small that the owner had to shut her down around 45 mph or he'd hit the other side!!! So he wasn't sure..... I laughed so hard I had to buy it, maybe I won't be laughing when I see her up close?? But I thank you for your assessment.

farmer tx
11-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Design Plastics Inc
(954) 462-1510
701 N Andrews Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311

I hope this helps.

Mark

Cuda
11-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Do you have any pictures of the 81? I just bought an 82.

Lenny
11-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Harry, did you get the blue one from the car lot in Amarillo? TRS.

Welcome aboard. How far Northwest? As far as me?

harry4
11-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Well, to be honest I thought it was a boat dealer, may have been at a car lot earlier, Mark took a look at it and gave me the heads up, needs some TLC, but looked solid and the mechanic was fairly confident of it's current condition. It looks to have a dark blue interior, solid, not sure if that is original or not. I just found a trucker to bring it out to me next week, so I will post some photos then. I'm down in NW Oregon-Astoria. Have a boat in Lake Union and I grew up in your territory --every summer, hope to make a comeback this summer.

Lenny
11-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Cool. I wouldn't be running it out of the Columbia into the Pacific tho, unless you get the canopy option :D

Hope to see you this summer coming,...Lenny :)