PDA

View Full Version : Outside storage tip!

MOP
11-28-2005, 10:37 PM
We all like to do a bang up job of covering our favorite TOY! Many forget good ventilation, to tightly covered will sweat with each temp change. Shrink wrap must have a few vents added it does not breath at all, it should be avoided on painted hulls, our yard has ruined a couple. If left in direct sun light the paint will blister, this can happen as soon as temps go above freezing. You can make up simple J tubes out of 2" PVC carpeted to be hung over into the cockpit area and extend down out of the cover, cut the tubes at 45 degree's to catch what ever wind there is. Cut one 45 facing your predominant wind direction the other just the opposite, one will push and one will pull the air through the boat.

Phil

Chili 18
11-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Great advice~ especially re painted surfaces...

Mine just fits in the garage. Nice for enjoying a midwinter coctail and dreaming of summer a bit...

Sam
11-29-2005, 06:48 AM
Although I don't shrink wrap anymore I used bleach type bottles and cut them so as to make an air scoop. You then secure them into the plastic shrink meterial and shazam you have air folwing in your boat all winter.

Sam