PDA

View Full Version : Went boatin' this weekend....

gcarter
11-27-2005, 07:28 PM
Yesterday we met up w/my brother-in-law in DeLand on the St. Johns in his Crownline and our Minx. Went to lunch at Blackwater Inn and barely made it back before it got dark.
Today we took our neighbors, Dan and Judy from Long Island across Lake Griffin and up the Ocklawaha River to the dam, this was the route we took last March during the Mt. Dora event.
So below are a few pics from the river, in the canal going to our neighborhood marina, the golf club house.
We never use this facility, here in our neighborhood, because it has the worlds steepest and shortest ramp .
The club house is very nice, 35000 sq', and has a great view of the lake as it's 80' above the water.

onesubdrvr
11-27-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm glad you got out this weekend, sounds like you had a nice couple of days,...

My weekend was spent making a new fence and sprucing up the house, It went on the market on Monday, so I've gotta' get some stuff done before too many potential buyers show up,.... OH well, saving my boating time for when my new boat gets here!!

Wayne

Cuda
11-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Damn George, you were right around the corner and didn't call?! :(

Debbie and I were going to splash the fishboat yesterday because it needs to be run. We love going to Blackwater. Remember when you saw us there when we were broke down. :)

catch 22
11-27-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't see any TOON boat's anywhere. This is a good thing. Glad to see that everything went well.:wavey:

gcarter
11-27-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't see any TOON boat's anywhere. This is a good thing. Glad to see that everything went well.:wavey:
You mean like the one I pushed with a rope a few weeks ago?:D

MOP
11-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Uh Huh! While you were doing the "Southern Boy Thing" I was cleaning up the yard, putting up Xmass Lights and wheel barrowing dirt by my 22! The only thing running is the trusty solar fan venting the winter cover, Ooops said that dirty word WINTER!!!

Bless you my son Enjoy!

MOP