PDA

View Full Version : No sale

Cuda
11-23-2005, 05:25 PM
I picked up the Checkmate late this morning, as they were just finishing the new cockpit cover. I had a guy coming from North Carolina to buy the boat. I told him I'd be working in Jacksonville all this week anyway, and I could save him 230 miles of driving by meeting him there. Deb and I pulled it up there, but he decided to pass on it because he had "concerns" about the transom. :( I wasn't reall happy about it, but there is a small crack on the edge of the transom that's been there since I bought it. The previous owner told me it was where the metal stopped that the motor bolts to. They had coated the whole thing with a kind of Rhino Sheild stuff. I took the previous owners word on it, but this guy was afraid of it. I was a bit bitter about it, but then I though he had driven five and a half hours to look at it, and he offered to pay my gas hauling it to Jax, but I didn't take it. I feel bad that I hadn't said anything about the crack, but to be honest with you, I never even thought about it, as I had never seen it flex in that spot. Oh well, I'm glad he passed on it, rather than get home and then be pissed about it. I'll haul it to the Boat Hospital and have them check it out when I get the 22 out of there.

The cockpit cover looks fantastic I think. :)

Cuda
11-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Btw, the Jax job had been pushed back, and the only reason I drove there was to deliver the boat.

Cuda
11-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Here's the full cover they made last week.

glashole
11-24-2005, 07:34 AM
thats a really good looking boat

sorry to hear about your ordeal however the right buyer will come along

good luck

regards

Shea:smile:

donzi182003
11-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Cuda how much did you want for it again???