PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been married?

txtaz
11-23-2005, 04:20 PM
We just passed our first year mark and have enjoyed every second of it. So let's hear the stories or I'll break out a song chain or something.
Da Taz

Patti
11-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Jamie & I arent married..so I dont know if we count..but we have been together for almost 7 years and it's been amazing..he is my best friend..and well just my everything :)

BUIZILLA
11-23-2005, 04:57 PM
31.45 years

so far

mattyboy
11-23-2005, 04:57 PM
20 years this past sept
seems like only yesterday
we are the typical love song we met in high school, yadda yadda
Marie and the kids are the world to me.

Schnook
11-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Theresa and I are getting ready to celebrate our 2nd and 3rd. When she got deployed to Iraq we only had time for a JP wedding. After she got back a year later I made an honest woman out of her (religious ceremony). She really does complete me. At least that's what she tells me!

Marlin275
11-23-2005, 05:10 PM
I get parole in another 15 :D

Air 22
11-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Crissy and I were married 12.5 years ago on top of Mt.Werner Ski Town USA in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.:D For "FUN" we rode Mt. bikes down the Mt vs. the slower gondola ride...:rolleyes: 2 beautiful daughters... Ashley 7, Allison 6 and SON.... Gavin due in mid January:smile: :D :wink: seems like it was only yesterday...how time "flies"....no pun intended:rolleyes:

EricG
11-23-2005, 05:15 PM
2 Weeks...:biggrin.:

We've known each other for 7, lived together for 5, but just finally got around to it. In fact, we just got back from our Honeymoon yesterday...so I guess I can officially say - the honeymoon is over :eek!:

EG

gcarter
11-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Third time's the charm!!!!! :smash:
I'll just say I chose poorely the first two times.
Elaine and I will have been married 20 years next March.
BTW, that same month, the Minx celebrates her 20th birthday!!

DonziJon
11-23-2005, 06:55 PM
39 years this past September 3rd... or was it the 5th....I'm so confused??? I can never remember. :cool!:

One of those days.... in September..I got out of the Navy. I can never keep it strait.

onesubdrvr
11-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Cari and I have been married 6 1/2 years, and together, we have both discovered the meaning of True Love.

We met shortly after she and I both separated from our first spouses. On a whim, I asked her to come to Florida and have some fun with me, and to my surprise, she said yes. I was just getting out of the military, and didn't really have a job lined up, and she worked for JC Penny's as a manager, but gave that up, and transfered as a hairdresser to West Palm with me. We had nothing, and made the best of it.

A better woman is not to be found.

Our times have been tough,....I had been fighting for custody of my two oldest children for the whole time we've known each other, there was times I wanted to give up, but she wouldn't let me, she just kept reminding me how urgent it was to get them away from where they were, and as of last easter we finally have full custody of them. She accepted them and welcomed them with open arms, and treats them as her own. Since they have been here, they have needed constant counseling as they came from a very disadvantaged home, difficult adjustment for them and us. The adjustment that needed to be made by everyone to ensure the instant growth of our family would have never happened without every ounce of her effort.

My now 5 year old (and Cari's first) had open heart surgery at 3 months, that kind of ordeal can put an instant end to a marriage due to the stress, but she and I worked together, and made it. She also had to take a year off of work to take care of her and money was tight, but still, we managed.

Deaths in the family, we all go through these, but once again, stressful times.

All through this, my best friend (my wife) and I have never fought, yelled at each other, or even thought about giving up.

We are now not rich, but comfortable, and most importantly, happy. Together, we have both managed to achieve our AA degrees, she's currently pursuing her Bachelor's, and I'll start back up when she finishes. Se is not only my wife, lover, friend, mother of my children, but most importantly, my team mate.

To this day she still makes me smile :biggrin.:

Wayne

txtaz
11-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Wow, great replies. Wayne you outdid yourself. I should print and frame it for an aniversary gift. We did the traditional paper 1st aniversary but for Christmas she is getting....Can't say, she is on the site also...
It's great to see people happly and enjoying life.
Happy holidays everyone.
Da Taz<<<--- I'm growing a beard to play Santa...Do I have time left?
P.S. I would like to hear from you know who Lenny. We all miss her.

Cuda
11-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Great story Wayne.

Cuda
11-23-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm on that lease with option program with Debbie. We've been together eight years. She is definetly my best friend. If she's not with me, I don't have fun.

onesubdrvr
11-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm on that lease with option program with Debbie. We've been together eight years. She is definetly my best friend. If she's not with me, I don't have fun.
Joe,
I could tell that when we were at Porky's,.....you two are an awesome pair.
And yeah, she could take 'ya,.... even if she had to get a gator!! :wink: :alligator
Wayne

onesubdrvr
11-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Wow, great replies. Wayne you outdid yourself. I should print and frame it for an aniversary gift. We did the traditional paper 1st aniversary but for Christmas she is getting....Can't say, she is on the site also...
It's great to see people happly and enjoying life.
Happy holidays everyone.
Da Taz<<<--- I'm growing a beard to play Santa...Do I have time left?
P.S. I would like to hear from you know who Lenny. We all miss her.
Wes,.....

I had to step up to the plate, I couldn't make it throught another "song" thread :wink:

Although it is funny,..... I was spying on people the other night (viewing whose online), and saw a guest was viewing the thread,..... I ran and hid,...

Happy holidays to you too! Hope to see 'ya around!
Wayne

Patti
11-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Wow Wayne!

Your wife is one lucky lady..especially to have someone who isnt afraid to say such wonderful things ;)

I feel the same way about Jamie..I can't imagine what life would be like without him..there would be no life really..

We have a great time together..and even though we're different in SO many ways..it works..I feel very blessed to have him in my life :)

Lenny
11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
...over 1000 years the first time :rolleyes: and three this time living in sin with Deneen. Not to be married ever again. And this time it is better than anything I ever could have imagined :D .

Finally Happy :)

Cuda
11-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Joe,
I could tell that when we were at Porky's,.....you two are an awesome pair.
And yeah, she could take 'ya,.... even if she had to get a gator!! :wink: :alligator
Wayne
She's lucky she was on good behaviour, or I'd have rolled her around in that limerock parking lot!:rlol:

Ed Donnelly
11-23-2005, 09:49 PM
My motto is try, try, again
1st Marriage 3yrs
2nd Marriage 6 mths
3rd Marriage 5yrs
4th Marriage 15 yrs and going strong.
The only thing I did different with this marriage,is, we tied the knot in New Orleans, rather than in Canada. If anything ever happens with this marriage,I am going for a young, rich, man.........Ed

mattyboy
11-23-2005, 11:02 PM
I met a great looking blonde the other day
I told her she looked like my second wife
she said really?? how many times have you been married ??
I said once :p

Walt. H.
11-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Just shy of three years the first time during the mid 70's to a girl named Patti.:cussball:
Currently 24 yr's 3 months and 23 days but who counting?:eek: to a great gal:rolleyes: named Rita.:yes: :crossfing :jestera:
Happy Turkey Day to you all, even if the rolls get burnt in the oven!!:wavey:

Patti
11-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Walt !

I never burn my rolls! :jestera:

I think they're having a Canarsie reunion...have you looked at Canarsie.com?

I do think I saw Larry registered over there?

Wish I could go..but I live WAY too far from there now :tongue:

Walt. H.
11-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Same to you Patti, I hope I didn't strike a nerve or anything like last time.:rlol:
Funny you should mention Larry I just talked to him earlier this evening by phone, he's spending turkeyday with his girl friend's parents out on L.I.
He was looking for my brother-inlaw Rick to wish him the same.

Walt. H.
11-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Ugh!

I'm not surprised the entire area is demolished..

roadtrip se
11-24-2005, 09:24 AM
after a ten year "engagement". Married on the beach at Biras Creek in BVI Virgin Gorda. It was perfect with close family and friends in attendance.

Jill is the only constant in my life. Everything else moves and changes all the time. We tore up sixteen years of roots in Texas and moved to Michigan just so we could be together every night. Man I'm glad she still tolerates me after all of that...

Would not change a thing that we have done together...

smokediver
11-24-2005, 01:13 PM
I have been divorced for 4 years now and I have loved every moment !!! I don't have to wonder who she is running around with while I'm on shift or go home to a mess !!!! It only costs me 423.57 dollars a month out of my pension fund , until i am dead ... whether she remarries or not . Isn't florida great !!! Profit off adultery !!!! but honestly , peace of mind is priceless .. I got a beautiful little girl out of the deal that is my whole world and then some ... marriage is a great thing ... with the right person ...

JimG
11-24-2005, 02:01 PM
It will be fifteen AMAZING years on December 15. On that day I celebrate the best thing I ever did!

RedDog
11-27-2005, 08:37 PM
seems like all my life - but its only been 21 years ;)

I love my Donzi Deb

Jraysray
11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Well,,, um,,, only 4 years. Only my second wife as well. Damn amature I guess.

Look, she luvs to remind me that she married beneath her just to keep me on my toes.

Honestly, she is right. I have never had to constantly work to keep up with anyone before. (I love it too;)) Beautiful, smart, sexy, great mother to her's and mine.

Trust you gut feeling, feel your heart strings and follow through! Four!!!

Team Jefe
11-28-2005, 10:46 AM
It will be fifteen AMAZING years on December 15. On that day I celebrate the best thing I ever did!

I can attest to that.....Miss Janet is the best thing he has ever done:biggrin:

Me.....well....2 times 4 years each with a 3 yr & 2yr dating/engagement respectively. You'd think I'd have learned.

So, living life day by day with a Super Sweet Angel and loving every minute of it.:yes:

CHACHI
11-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Nineteen glorious years Feb 06.

Woodsy
11-28-2005, 01:06 PM
I have sucessfully avoided marriage for 40 years.... however, rumor has it my days may be numbered!

Love you Princess!

Woodsy

mphatc
11-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Woodsy,

If you avoided marriage for 40 years, let's see, if most folks get married after 20 . . .are you 60 years old??? YIKES dude! :) :) :umbrella: Does Princess know this yet?

Linda and I have been married 9 1/2 years. This is my second marriage, first one lasted almost as long and gave me a wonderful son, Christopher. I never thought I'd marry again, I have never been happier or felt better than when I'm with Linda!

Mario

need for speed
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
well no years here , she does keep twisting my arm:bonk: after the 5 year dating.. .. how do u keep the less going? and not buy ..ummm. might have to buy soon i am told.:banghead:

Bigbroadjumper
11-29-2005, 07:00 AM
22 years, and still going strong.

Woodsy
11-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Ok Mario... I have successfully avoided marriage for 20 years! LOL!

I have been dating the princess for about 5 years now. I am pretty sure my days of being single are distinctly numbered....

Think I could get away with a Spitfire as an engagement ring? LOL!

Woodsy

18FOOTER
11-29-2005, 09:04 AM
As several ahead of me in this thread can attest, you pick smarter after mistake(s). This time 22 years with a true friend and partner. Many more to come!:rlol:

Dr. Dan
11-29-2005, 11:31 AM
well no years here , she does keep twisting my arm:bonk: after the 5 year dating.. .. how do u keep the less going? and not buy ..ummm. might have to buy soon i am told.:banghead:

:spongebob Charles, it is a proven statistic that Married People experience greater success in their career, greater peace of mind and mutual admiration of Donzis! I mean what more could you ask for?

Some of us ... have experienced this success in a "Staged Format", others have decided that the Karma is better without the official papers... and thats OK, point is life is better when it is a shared event. :beer:

I have been married for over 16 years, just not to the same woman! :spongebob

I always say, I married much better than she did! :beer: Liz and I have been married 6 years this last July, we dated for 2! My "Practice Wife" and I were together 18 years.

So far I am still on speaking terms with both wives...now that's something! :cool!:

Doc of the Bay :spongebob

Rootsy
11-30-2005, 11:14 AM
well not married but patti takes good care of me.. just look at my waist line ;)... we go everywhere together and i really am trying to get her to enjoy this boating thing ;) plus she is supportive and caring... which is a good thing cause i ALWAYS have some kind of project going on... the last 7 months sure have been much nicer than the ole bachelor days... nice to have someone to come home to that cares about you and enjoys seeing you happy :)

mattyboy
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
well not married but patti takes good care of me.. just look at my waist line ;)... we go everywhere together and i really am trying to get her to enjoy this boating thing ;) plus she is supportive and caring... which is a good thing cause i ALWAYS have some kind of project going on... the last 7 months sure have been much nicer than the ole bachelor days... nice to have someone to come home to that cares about you and enjoys seeing you happy :)

don't worry marriage can take care of that!!!! :p :eek: :jestera:

ITTLFLI
11-30-2005, 12:36 PM
After 6+ years of dating we will have been married 2 months tomorrow!:wavey:

CHACHI
11-30-2005, 01:18 PM
don't worry marriage can take care of that!!!! :p :eek: :jestera:...........................and then you will know why they call marriage an instution.

Patti
11-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Oh and I suppose it's because you guys are so perfect? :rolleyes: :tongue:

Reedy
11-30-2005, 01:37 PM
21 years. Hell it did not really get fun till 20. Empty nest, a Donzi in the garage and a hunting lease less than an hour from the house. Two great sons.
Mother in law moved 1500 miles away. Life rocks!

CHACHI
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Oh and I suppose it's because you guys are so perfect? :rolleyes: :tongue:.......if I was just a little taller......

Patti
11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey now..being tall is overrated :)

Sam
11-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Chapter two for me:eek:, dated her for five years and married for Ten.

CHACHI
11-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey now..being tall is overrated :) Yeah, but it would be easier buying pants..........and I wouldn't be overweight. Ken

Donzi Angel
11-30-2005, 02:07 PM
dated for 2 years (+/-) and divorced just short of the 5 year mark, gladly can say I learned my lesson and will be very careful examining any sockets before I stick my finger in again :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Tim Morris
11-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but it would be easier buying pants..........and I wouldn't be overweight. Ken

That would be a stretch.

Tim Morris
11-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Single for 28 (Mom's advice, she fed me while I chased cars, boats & women)
Married for 17 (when that finished, it solved my early retirement dilemma)
Single for 13 (but the earth is flat, and I'm perilously near the edge)

Trueser
11-30-2005, 04:15 PM
23 years and going stong. And she loves the Z29 and hates the 22c. Anything over 40 and air gets me the backhand.

ChromeGorilla
11-30-2005, 04:48 PM
4 fun filled years today!

Happy anniversary Michelle!

need for speed
11-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Happy anniversary !!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Patti
11-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Happy Anniversary Scott & Michelle! :)

Hope it's a good one guys :)

Jamie & Patti

onesubdrvr
11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
4 fun filled years today!
Happy anniversary Michelle!
And many more to you guys,....

Just NO HURRICANE Michelle for Angel Aid this year!!! :wink:

Enjoy
Wayne

p729lws
11-30-2005, 09:30 PM
8 years in March. Almost through the itch. :jestera:
Dan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-30-2005, 10:11 PM
20 years to the day, that is when my divorce is final.
I wish everyone the best of luck.
Bryan

txtaz
12-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Happy Anniversary CG and Michelle.
Poodle, I was wondering when the vacuuming thing would come up again. Too funny.
Dan, I use my donzi to scratch my itches and the misses is quite ok with that.
Great stories everyone.
Da Taz

LKSD
12-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Together 8 or 9 & married 4 years 12-22-05 ... I thought it was supposed to be like a dog license or a lease though. Cant you just have the option to renew or not???? LOL ... JUST KIDDING!!! Jamie :)

txtaz
12-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Happy belated anniversary JW.
BTW, can you get aluminum trailers at a good price? I need to get some trailer bling before Polly sees me again or I'm, going to get it.
I need to head that way (Sunbury, PA) to pick up a car sometime so maybe I can knock out two birds in one trip.
Thanks,
Da Taz

LKSD
12-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Happy belated anniversary JW.
BTW, can you get aluminum trailers at a good price? I need to get some trailer bling before Polly sees me again or I'm, going to get it.
I need to head that way (Sunbury, PA) to pick up a car sometime so maybe I can knock out two birds in one trip.
Thanks,
Da Taz

Is it for the 18' Classic?? ALso let me know what options you would want... I will price one for you.. Jamie ( email me at jw@lakesiderestorations.com & RE: TRAILER ) thanks... :)

paperman
01-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Wife and I will be married 40 years in May, but Charlene sometimes thinks its feels closer to 60. She says: Boating season counts double. :biggrin: But the grandkids are winning her over.

need for speed
01-04-2006, 03:47 PM
well no years yet ...... -17 days and counting for day one to start ...
wedding jan 21.....!!!!! :eek!:.......the 22 is alittle small for it so we will be getting married on my parents 26 Southport at sunset!!! ...

sanleonkid
01-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Eleven looooong years... six with kids.......

MrsDigger
01-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Digger and I just celebrated our first anniversary on Thursday...we, too, had the pre-Iraq deployment JP wedding, and had our re-wedding in a church this past September (I told him he only has to remember the first one!).

I savor every moment of our life together--every moment of every day is a treasure. He makes my world happier, richer, more fulfilling, more complete. Loving him makes me a better person; more positive, more understanding...and I cannot imagine life without him.

Reading most of the comments here has been really uplifting, by the way. A lot of positive, refreshing, comments, and only a few really bitter folks...Donzi folks seem to be doing a bit better than the national average!

txtaz
01-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Congrats Darcy, It's kind of cool having your first year anniversary. We did the traditional paper thing and then I had a gold medallion made that said our 1st Anniversary. Somehow paper didn't cut it for me but I have a feeling I will be making medallions for a long time. :)
Da Taz