PDA

View Full Version : Sick Baby Blue Pill!

mphatc
11-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Friends,

Well after 30 hours it's dead! I ran it for 30 hours this summer, and it's coming apart again! My words and feelings can not be printed here.

I did a compression test after being on the water last w/e, the numbers matched my feelings on the pond . . lo revs = low power = low compression = exponential dollars!

Yea, I admit I build BMW race engines for a living, but as business was good, and I had too many customers needing road race engines I subbed out my own engine to a shop that came highly recommended . . . what a BIG F%&KIN MISTAKE!

Long and short of it is that I need new pistons, a re-bore, and new rings and everything that goes with it!

This time I'll do it myself, Bill look out, your Scorpion is done! :biggrin:

So for all of you engine guys . . . this 302 needs pistons to run on 93 octane pump gas, boat is always going to be trailer queen with a 44 gallon tank . .
I want:
500 -600 hours of reliability at 30-40 hours per year
a new crank capable of 6000 rpm in bursts and 5000 rpm for extended runs

I'm prepared to add a dry sump, oil cooler, and if I have to a closed loop cooling system. More on this on another thread . . . . .

OR . . . shall I build a 351 H&M set up? I have another H&M 351 sitting on a rack, complete , as built . . . my present cam is a 351 firing order, my heads should fit, but I don't know if my roller cam will work in a 1970 351??

Or should I just buy Geoo's boat????

or buy another sailboat????

Mario . . just feeling a bit frustrated!

mrfixxall
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Well mabe you should try to install the new m5 engine in it,,,,500 hp sounds inpressive on pump gas........LOL

MOP
11-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Mario would like to see a couple of shots of the pistons when you pull them, seems strange it went south so quick. I am sure you insisted on good stuff, who's pistons/rings were they?

Phil

mattyboy
11-22-2005, 10:24 PM
hang in their pal take a breather you'll get it all sorted out
mattyboy's order's have some turkey some booze and take the rest of the weekend off.