PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of Windsor Craft??

f_inscreenname
11-22-2005, 06:16 PM
I was out on a job today and and a couple houses up was a older boat with a big blue tarp on it. Without taking the top off I could see what looked like a Nova24's hull and the transom was the same (except for the OMC drive sticking out of it) as unique as they are. Or are they not unique at all and I have been missing something?

lars
11-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Windsor Craft made a couple of retro looking camper boats with a lot of wooden detailing in the late 80's early 90's. One 26' and a 31' of very high quality. But what You spotted was something they made prior to that and what I know of these mentioned boats is telling me that You better take a second look under that tarp and then see if You can figure out that Windsor. If built by the same Co. I have a feeling it's a good one. I pass the ball back to You with the address to Windsor Craft at Genmar Castle.
Windsor Craft Div. of Genmar Ind.
P.O. BOX 549
Wayzata,MN,55391
(612) 473-7305
:crossfing

HallJ
11-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Wayzata thats right by me!
I'll have to check it out. The area code is probably 952 now.

Jeff

Dave911
11-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Lars is right, 26 and 31 footers made by Genmar. They are fiberglass hulls that look like tradition lapstrakes. Both boats were extremely luxurious and very expensive...still are. Mostly volvo drives, from what I recall.
I can get some pics for you in a week...I'm in CT right now. Dave

f_inscreenname
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
That would be cool. I am always looking for anything connected to Brownie's boats. Like I said, the boat was covered but what I could make out did look a lot like a Nova24. It wouldn't be the first boat built after the Nova24 that had the same look. I guess when something worked everyone started doing the same thing back then. The saddest thing about it is that the guy I was doing the job for said the boat has been sitting in the same spot for the last 4 years. What a waist of a good boat. If it was a Nova we at NMX would have to rescue it but its not and we cant save them all.http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif