PDA

View Full Version : New Member In Town

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 04:50 PM
HEY YALL I JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF TO YALL. I'M ALSO A MEMBER OF OFFSHOREONLY.COM, WHICH I'M SURE MANY OFYALL FROM HERE ARE AS WELL. ON OFFSHOREONLY OUR NAME IS " THE DONZ" WHICH IS REALLY MY DAD AND I'M "DONZ JR". I'M ON A SEARCH FOR A CLASSIC 22 DONZI. THE YEAR REALLY DOESN'T MATTER CAUSE THERE ALL ABOUT THE SAME. I DON'T REALLY WANT TO SPEND MORE THEN $10,000 WHICH I KNOW IS REALLY BUT REALLY LOW BUT I'M IN NO RUSH, I KNOW I CAN FIND ONE. IT WOULD EVEN BE BETTER IF IT DIDN'T HAVE A MOTOR. WE HAVE A SPARE CHEIF 1100HP FROM OUR TOPGUN THAT I WANT TO PUT IN IT. SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT'S OUT THERE IN THAT RANGE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

TOP1GUN:smileybo:

Sam
11-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the site TOP1GUN :wavey: , $10,000 for a 22" that's a tall order. You and a few others here including myself might just jump on a $10,000 22'. You may want to re-think about putting 1100 hp in a 22'. In my opinion it's way to much hp for such a small boat. I don't think the 22 would be able to handle the full wrath of 1100hp. Just for the sake of conversation what kind of drive did you have in mind ;) .

Sam

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 06:14 PM
PROBABLY A BRAVO WITH IMCO. I'M JUST A HUGE NUT CASE I KNOW IT'S INSANE BUT HEY THERE'S A 18 OUT THERE WITH 850 HP, AND IT'S KNOWN TO HANDLE GREAT. I'M JUST USE TO MY DAD'S CIGARETTE , AND HE OFFERED ME THE ENGINE; WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY NOOOO:biggrin: ARE THERE ANY 22 FOR THAT PRICE OUT THERE.

TOP1GUN

DAULEY
11-22-2005, 06:45 PM
welcome
there is a 1987 on traderonline for 9000 in ma

Lenny
11-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Farmer Tex (Mark) had one in Amarillo (Texas) that could have been had for under $10K I believe. He told me about it about 6 months ago. I think it is gone but I am not sure.

FarmerTex on the Registry. (or a small "t" )

mrfixxall
11-22-2005, 06:53 PM
South side dry dock marine has a 22 for 9900.00....781-837-9790//////its a 1987

Last Real Texan
11-22-2005, 06:54 PM
PROBABLY A BRAVO WITH IMCO. I'M JUST A HUGE NUT CASE I KNOW IT'S INSANE BUT HEY THERE'S A 18 OUT THERE WITH 850 HP, AND IT'S KNOWN TO HANDLE GREAT. I'M JUST USE TO MY DAD'S CIGARETTE , AND HE OFFERED ME THE ENGINE; WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY NOOOO:biggrin: ARE THERE ANY 22 FOR THAT PRICE OUT THERE.
TOP1GUN
First . WELCOME
would you please stop shouting and speak in a normal voice.....in other words turn off the caps.
Good luck with the search, 1100 hp huh , may as well put an ASD6 behind it and set a 22 classic speed record . Sounds like fun.
Bryan

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
South side dry dock marine has a 22 for 9900.00....781-837-9790//////its a 1987

Thanks buddy but i readed in another thread that this one needed a lot of attention, and it has bottom paint, which i find kinda dum to put on this kinda boat but hey to each their own. Also i readed the stringers were bad .Thanks for all the reply yall. Another thing i wanted to know. Would i have to do any modification to the engine room to put a engine this size in there, beside the hatch. I'm planning on having the blower shown all the time and putting tractor pipes on it, so i know the hatch will have to be custom. Thanks in advance

p.s= Last Real Texan is this better

Top1GUN

Sam
11-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Tractor pipes.................please explain ! And yes I would think you would need to to do some work :smash: on the rear stringers as well as the engine mount system. Are you sure you want to go through with this :boggled: because if you do I would be the first to pay to see the maiden voyage.

Sam

Cuda
11-22-2005, 08:28 PM
I'd never buy another boat with bottom paint. I've done it twice. :(

Last Real Texan
11-22-2005, 08:36 PM
p.s= Last Real Texan is this better
Top1GUN

Mo Better....

mrfixxall
11-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Bottom paint,,,,no problem it comes off with brake fluid and a pressure washer..........:shocking: LOL

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 08:42 PM
why does it seem like your saying this is a bad idea. these boats can handle the rough very well and are built second to none.

top1gun

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 08:51 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: i'm trying to post a pic of the engine but it does it let me , i guess it's to big for here :eek: :eek: if i can e-mail some one the pic so yall can modify it to post it

jr

mrfixxall
11-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I can help top1gun,,,mrfixxall@sbcglobal.net

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 09:09 PM
I can help top1gun,,,mrfixxall@sbcglobal.net

done thanks

Top1Gun

The Hedgehog
11-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I am with Tex. I would go for the Arneson.

I could use that Chief for my HP war that I have going on with Tex. I am thinking that engine coupled with an Arneson would be scary in my big heavy 27. I would be in the 100 mph range. I could not imagine doing it in a 22.

You will probably need some of those big rocker plates to add some stability. I would not want to start chine walking at 120mph.

mrfixxall
11-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Heres Top!gun S Engine>>>>>geoo I Think Your In Trouble If He Gets The Thing To Stay In The Water........

mrfixxall
11-22-2005, 09:23 PM
From What I Read I Thought The Asd7 Will Only Handle 650 Hp?????

mrfixxall
11-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Oops!!! Asd6....HAY TOP1GUN DOES YOUR DAD HAVE A XTRA SSM#6 FOR THE BACK OF THE BOAT???I DONT THINK THAT HAS BEEN DONE OR HAS IT?????

BUIZILLA
11-22-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm planning on having the blower shown all the time and putting tractor pipes on it, Top1GUN oh, really......

JH :umbrella:

Cuda
11-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Bottom paint,,,,no problem it comes off with brake fluid and a pressure washer..........:shocking: LOL
No it doesn't.

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks Mrfixxall. That's the engine that i will be putting in it. Unfortunately my dad only has two #6's which are the one's hanging in the back of the Cig. But i really don't think i need more then a bravo 1 especilly with imco lowers. i will be putting k-planes 380 for stability

jr

Donzigo
11-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Buizilla, I was waiting for a reply like that, I love it..............that's what I'm thinking....oh, really. So, why not put wings on this thing and let's blast this beast right off the water............next stop = destination MOON !!!! I can't wait to see it...........and I'm not making fun, either......stranger things have happened; but, I hope the maiden voyage is at night at the next Donzi gathering. That way, we can all see it go into outer space.

Cuda
11-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think 1100 horses would rip the stringers right out of a 22.

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 09:58 PM
well the tractor pipes is not a for sure thing. i need help from all of yall i'm looking for a 22 classic i perfer with no engine but in good shape for under $ 10,000 . i know it's out there and i'm not intrested in the one with bottom paint. i have heard it' in trashy condition. no disrespect to the owner, just saying what i heard.

Top1gun

DonzigoJR
11-22-2005, 10:02 PM
I haven't posted in over 6 months but I could help but think how ambitious. I had a 18 Talon that went over 100 and that was scary I couldnt even imagine a 22 with 1100hp:spit: ...... I got a pickle jar of some moonshine that I have been holden on too for a special occasion....This is it!!!!!

Can wait to see this......Maybe you should think about a small hydrofoil system to get a little more lift;) It will get you closer to the idea of flying....

Did you happen to have a go cart with a 454 in it back in the day? If so please post pics....Good Luck.

The Hedgehog
11-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Jet Assist Take Off!

You can be more than just an urban myth!

TOP1GUN
11-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Did you happen to have a go cart with a 454 in it back in the day? If so please post pics....Good Luck.

lmaoooooooooooo:rlol: :rlol: :moped:

Top1Gun

Walt. H.
11-23-2005, 02:21 AM
Bottom Paint:
With 1,100 ponies not much of the bottom paint will be in the water and i'm sure whats there, won't be staying on for long..:shocking:

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Well i think the bravo one would be fine but i'm putting imco lowers on it. the boat weights almost nothing. the thing about that one that is for sale for $9900 is that he looks to be in trashy condition and it's far from where i live. i have riden a 22 a lot before but i would like to know from the guys that own it, until what big of a chop do they handle well.

Top1Gun

DonzigoJR
11-23-2005, 08:32 AM
With That kind of HP it will handle anything.....it wont ever touch the water :p ........

You might want to look into registration of the boat. You will probably need to register with the FAA as the vessel will be a flyer for sure.

As Mad Poodle said the bravo will not handle that kind of power.....you would need to do a xr drive at the very least. Doesnt matter about the weight.

In all honesty if you do go through with this one then the boat will probably not be the best for really rough waters due to the nature of the speeds and stability. What you are building is something that will shine in calm water only.........IMO.

You are going to need trim tabs that are the size of ironing boards!!!!!!:)

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Well i was always going to go with a bravo xr, sorry i didn't mention that before. now i'm a little concern with what the boat will handle. i'm going to be putting kplanes 380. but i have been on 22 classic on 3 foot chop and it handles awsome

jr

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 08:59 AM
another boat that i would love to have beside the 22 classic is a 24 sea fox cigarette. anyone have any lead to one?

Top1Gun

Woodsy
11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Top...

The 380 K-planes will be way too long for the 22... your going to end up hooking the boat in a turn and possibly barreling the boat. Get a set of 280K's... and don't forget to mount some indicators.

I am assuming you have already budgeted for a full hydraulic steering setup. No if's and's or but's... you need it! Mock up the 280's and the hydraulic steering before you mount either one. transom space is at a premium on a 22 Classic. It wouldn't hurt to beef up the stringers a bit before the engine goes in.

As far as the HP goes, I think the boat will be just fine, albiet very fast! There are a few members who are running around 800 or so hp and seeing 9's on the gps speedo.

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Woodsy thanks your the first one here to make me bealive it could happen. The reason i was thinking of 380's is because my buddy has a 20 son of gun with it and they do mircles and he pushing about 875hp. any 24 cigarettes out there

top1gun

DonzigoJR
11-23-2005, 10:24 AM
I am only having fun so please take all post that way......Anything is possible.

In regards to the right boat......a 24 cigarette would be the very least that I would do this set-up on.

Now back to the fun side.......The last thing a redneck says before dying......."He Bubba Watch This" :yes: This might be one of those type of situations;)

Here's a great Darwin Award that might be a similar ambition.....Read this and you will find that its possible but yet might not be the smartest idea.....

The link takes you to a story of a guy who strapped a JETO unit "solid fuel rocket" to a chevy impala and reached speeds of approx. 300mph and the car accually flew for 1.6 miles before completely desinigrating.......

www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1995-04.html?email

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/Loanshark2179/jato2.jpg

Woodsy
11-23-2005, 10:26 AM
DonziGo... Read the article... confirmed BOGUS! Yet another urban legend!

Top...

By the way... Welcome to the board! You certainly stirred things up! LOL!

I don't think the guys intended to be negative. Its probably more of a safety thing. 1100hp in any boat under 30' is ALOT of juice! That kind of HP in a really small boat is an accident waiting to happen. GEOO has that kind of hp in his X-18, but he did it right, with safety being a priority. Nobody wants to see you killed....

Your asking alot to find a decent hull for $10K or under. You would probably be better off spending a little more, say $15K-$18K then selling off the engine and drive to lower the cost back into your price range. You can probably get $3500 - $4000 for a low hour 502 MAG, and then another $2000 for the bravo drive. I am assuming you are going to keep/need the bravo transom assembly. thats a quick $6000 off your cost and you end up with a newer hull that probably doesn't need quite as much work.

Your friend with the 20' Son Of A Gun is on borrowed time with those tabs. It won't be a high speed hook, they will grab when hes just goofing around at 40mph or so... 280K's are the biggest you want for a 22 Classic. It doesn't need alot of tab anyway....

Woodsy

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Donzigojr why do you say that about the 24 cigarette?.... And to everyone i know yall looking out for safty for me and i appreciate that lots. I'm just use to big juice and my dad offered me his engine, i know this is not a 38 topgun but i think it could be done as long as i don't eat chit and play it smart :eek: . right now i have a 18 action with a 2.5 that runs 98 mph and i will tell you anything handles better than that.

Donzigo
11-23-2005, 10:42 AM
TopGun..........I may have forgotten to say it, as well; but, welcome to the board. We might be giving you some trouble; but, just give us some time to get used to such a move. 1,100 HP - WOW! And, Woodsy is right, we don't intend to make light of the ides you put forth. When a guy comes along and steps up to the plate, as you have, introduces ideas that are cavalier, some of us find it pretty far out there, and truth be known, some will wish that they had thought of it before you. Howard Hughes was one of those guys too and the SPRUCE GOOSE did fly, in spite of all the nay-sayers.

Keep it coming, dude. I'm loving it.

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Thanks Donzigo............ are any of yall members of Offshoreonly.com. i need feed back as in why wouldn't yall do this to 24 cigarette. Are there any 24 cigarettes out there for sale

p.s = yes i'm a nut case :kaioken:

Top1gun

RedDog
11-23-2005, 11:33 AM
you mis-read JR's statement about a 24 Cig. He didn't say don't do it in one

roadtrip se
11-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I thought I was having radical thoughts about stepping up to a 525EFI!
TG, I and a few others here have put some fairly decent HP into 22 Bravo Classics. They seem to like packages in the 500-700hp range getting into the 80 to low 90mph range. That is real fast for a short performance hull.
Most of us are running full hydraulic steering and running a multitude of props.
The Hydro Q4 seems to be a general favorite.
My boat really likes the XR IMCO shortie combo, but this package is only rated to 550HP.
I will tell you that before I would step beyond the current 500EFI, I would be doing some serious stringer and motor mount upgrades.
Arneson would be my choice for your hp choice. More length in the water and more capability to live behind that motor. I would suspect that all of that motor is going to put the butt of a classic way low in the water. Running 380s would be asking for trouble, I would go with rocker plates.
Good steering and lifeline life vests would not be an option.
Quit dreaming and get to work!

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Quit dreaming and get to work!

I'm not dreaming trust me i'm not a dreamer at all, but i do want to get the right boat for the price and i also would like to see if i can find a 24 cigarete which i would perfer to have and i know it's some where out there. they have more freeboard and those 2 feet extra make a big diffrence in the water that i ride in.

......a 24 cigarette would be the very least that I would do this set-up on.

that's what he said

Top1Gun

txtaz
11-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm feeling shades of HaloGeo here....Is it me?
I'm sorry I have to call BS, 1100HP in a 22 on a budget. Something is not adding up well. Even if the motor and hull were free, you would be hard pressed to get all the necessary modifications done for 10k unless you smooth talked Lenny into flying down or had years of experience fixing drives, rigging boats etc. A Bravo will not handle the HP, an Arneson is around 6k. I'm not sure what the ASD6 conversion costs. BUT you will have to have twin ram full hydraulic steering at another 2-3k. Lifeline jacket - $800. Helmet - ???
Ohhh and we haven't even installed or hooked anything up yet and we are out of the budget.
Roadtrip gave you some good advice. It is based on experience. I suggest you take it, have fun with the boat and learn to drive before going nuts on the HP. Remember, going fast cost $$$$$$$ even if the parts are free.
BTW, an 18 is so much more fun to drive than a 22 and you can get a good one in your budget.
Da Taz<<<---Thinks old guys drive 22's...yeah I know, I just couldn't help myself:yes:

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=txtaz]I'm feeling shades of HaloGeo here....Is it me?
I'm sorry I have to call BS, 1100HP in a 22 on a budget. Something is not adding up well. Even if the motor and hull were free, you would be hard pressed to get all the necessary modifications done for 10k unless you smooth talked Lenny into flying down or had years of experience fixing drives, rigging boats etc. A Bravo will not handle the HP, an Arneson is around 6k. I'm not sure what the ASD6 conversion costs. BUT you will have to have twin ram full hydraulic steering at another 2-3k. Lifeline jacket - $800. Helmet - ???
Ohhh and we haven't even installed or hooked anything up yet and we are out of the budget.
Roadtrip gave you some good advice. It is based on experience. I suggest you take it, have fun with the boat and learn to drive before going nuts on the HP. Remember, going fast cost $$$$$$$ even if the parts are free.
BTW, an 18 is so much more fun to drive than a 22 and you can get a good one in your budget.
Da Taz<<<---Thinks old guys drive 22's...yeah I know, I just couldn't help myself:yes:[/QUO

First of all i don;t want to stir up chit in here especlliy that today is my second day on this board. I said i don't want to spend more $10,000 on the hull not on the full project. I know how much everything will cost me. I'm not new to this at all. I know that a bravo xr with lower imco's would do the job just fine. Many of my friends have 25 foot motion cats, liberator with 1100-1300 hp with bravo xr with imco lowers and they do just a great job. saying the bravo xr won't hold then i'll just put one of the speedmaster #5's that we use to have in our cigarette. The lifeline jacket is the least of my worries we have many, not to mention the helmets. I do race our cigarette in APBA/SBI/OPA

P.S=TXTAZ I hope you don't take this in any bad way, but i like to get stuff clear.

TOP1Gun

Donzigo
11-23-2005, 01:53 PM
........I'm impressed, TopGun, you are for real. Anybody who can drive an Action Marine at 98 has my respect.

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 02:00 PM
........I'm impressed, TopGun, you are for real. Anybody who can drive an Action Craft at 98 has my respect.

Well it's not an action craft it's an action marine. They look like a hydrostreams

Top1Gun

Trueser
11-23-2005, 02:35 PM
This cracks me up and it's not even December yet. Giddi up and HOLD on.

Welcome to the board! You certainly stirred things up!

We may need a larger hard drive for this post.

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 02:42 PM
This cracks me up and it's not even December yet. If you have that much motor sitting around as a spare, then you should have the cash to get something worth sticking it into.
Giddi up and HOLD on.

the thing is that i have always liked the 22 classic. it's got lines of a slick 30+ foot boat. i also think they have lot's of history behind them. i'm also considering a 24 foot cig,24 ft banana or even a 27 magnum. i like the classic lines. i'm not really big into cats. half of my friends have told me to put that kind of juice in a cat but they just don't do it for me. but the truth is i don't want to go that big either (27) cause when ever i want to go test mother nature i have my dad's Cigarette with twin 1100 and #6s :biggrin.:

Top1Gun

txtaz
11-23-2005, 04:13 PM
This cracks me up and it's not even December yet. Giddi up and HOLD on.
Trueser your a riot and your boat is slow...Ahahaha. There that should do it.
So do we have pictures of this 98mph boat??? How about Dads?
TOP1GUN, Stir it up all you want. It's cold, I'm bored what else is there to do? Just don't start a political thread...PLEASE
Da Taz<<<---Yup, I have a Donzi

Cuda
11-23-2005, 04:23 PM
TOP1GUN, Stir it up all you want. It's cold, I'm bored what else is there to do? Just don't start a political thread...PLEASE

Taz, they do race that gun, they were just in Key West, Poodle probably saw them. I forget the name of the boat.

boxy
11-23-2005, 04:24 PM
Before this thread turns the wrong way, here is the link to TG1 Dad's win, and a pic of the sweet running Cig.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116756&page=1&pp=20

Given all that has happened on other boards in the last week or so, I guess we can expet a bit of cynicism.

Good luck with your search, there is a lot of knowledge on this board, have fun, and congrats on the win.

PS: Poodle it looks like we have ourselves another 'Canes fan ..... :D :D

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Suck to be yall its 75 degree here today and it looks like it's going to be one awsome weekend. looks like i'll be ripping the atlantic ocean in the topgun this weekend.

Top1Gun

Cuda
11-23-2005, 04:28 PM
are any of yall members of Offshoreonly.com.
Top1gun
I've posted there once or twice.

boxy
11-23-2005, 04:30 PM
It only sucks to be some of us this time of year .... :D :D
It was -12 Celcius here today.

TOP1GUN
11-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Cuda i have a feeling you were a memeber on offshoreonly, cause i have seen your name there before and thanks boxyand cuda it was a long and stressful season but hey it payed off very well in the end. yup that's the boat i race 38 TopGun with twin staggered 1100 cheif engines in it. The best we have seen out of the boat has been 108 mph. We are thnking off retiring it after this season and doing a complete 100% refit on it and looking for another boat for next season :kaioken: I will try to find pics of my 98 mph action marine and pictures of the 1100 hp engines in the TopGun

Top1Gun

Ed Donnelly
11-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Top1gun; I had a Gale Banks twin turbo in my 22' (Criterion)
TRS drive, Bennett tabs
2 words....DEATH TRAP !!!

Dual hydraulic external steering
280 K-Planes
beef up the stringers
blueprint the hull
Don't go nuts in anything over 2 footers
Get Geo to give you a few tips on handling.
I've had Donzis for over 40 yrs, and my 16' had a Gale Banks twin turbo
I have the utmost respect for Geo, he knows how to handle a Donzi....Ed

fasttrucker
11-24-2005, 11:16 AM
I think you should put that motor into my 1998 28zx.Then maybe ill go faster then75mph.:embarasse

TOP1GUN
11-24-2005, 10:23 PM
well yall i think i have decided not to go with the 22 classic, even though i would have love to because so many of yall we're saying that that was a crazy idea, a accident waiting to happen and so on and the truth is the more yall said stuff like that the more yall made me want to do it. the reason i will not be going with a 22 classic is because apba/sbi requires a minimum of 24 ft to race. so if any of yall know of any 24 cigarette, 27 magnum or 27 squardon please let me know. yall already know the motor that is going in it :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Top1Gun

DonzigoJR
11-28-2005, 07:58 AM
There was a 24 Banana that was forsale on e-bay that had never been rigged. Not sure if it sold but you could find them out their thats for sure.

Heres the link....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-BANANA-BOAT-CIGARETTE-STYLE_W0QQitemZ4591673883QQcategoryZ31271QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good idea with not doing the 22. Your future family (kids,wife) will thank you simply because it means that you will be alive to meet them......:)

Good Luck and keep us posted on your plans and what you decide to purchase. I would love to watch the thread of your project coming to life!!!!

TOP1GUN
11-28-2005, 08:24 AM
There was a 24 Banana that was forsale on e-bay that had never been rigged. Not sure if it sold but you could find them out their thats for sure.
Heres the link....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-BANANA-BOAT-CIGARETTE-STYLE_W0QQitemZ4591673883QQcategoryZ31271QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Good idea with not doing the 22. Your future family (kids,wife) will thank you simply because it means that you will be alive to meet them......:)
Good Luck and keep us posted on your plans and what you decide to purchase. I would love to watch the thread of your project coming to life!!!!

thanks buddy but trust me i was already all over that. the problem with that one was that is wasn't built by the original owner of banana from the early 70- early 80's which was Charlie (forgot his last name) so who knows how those boats were layed up and i heard from someone on oso he has had 2 banana boats from the late 80's and they both cracked in half :eek: , so trust me that's not the kind of boat i want to have out on the race corse.

Top1Gun

Cuda
11-28-2005, 11:15 AM
thanks buddy but trust me i was already all over that. the problem with that one was that is wasn't built by the original owner of banana from the early 70- early 80's which was Charlie (forgot his last name)
Top1Gun
Chatim I think is his last name. He's on Oso as Chatim Racing.

GG Donzi
11-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Trueser your a riot and your boat is slow...Ahahaha. There that should do it.
Ok my turn to put a little fuel on the fire. Taz did you happen to race Trueser in Texas? I think not? His boat my be slow but is it faster than yours? LOL ;)
There we that should heat up the winter weather! :cistineb:
And before you go there, NO I don't think mine is fast.

TOP1GUN
11-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Chatim I think is his last name. He's on Oso as Chatim Racing.

yup that's it

Pismo
11-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Get a 28 Pantera and put that engine in it. Should be great.

chappy
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I think I found a 22 classic that may be of interest to some. I looked at it a year ago at a local gas station. It has a 454, I think with an exhaust that was custom built, and the pipes are elevated at the stern and on the same level as the engine hatch. Someone told me the buyer bought it in North Carolina? The seller was asking $8500, turnkey with the trailer. I was told the owner blew the drive this summer? I don't know. I thought the boat was sold, but I drove by his house this morning, and the boat is sitting under a tarp. Regardless, the owner is a guy I know, and I think he may be very receptive to any offers. The hull is in good shape, the interior needs some work, the trailer is ok. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll contact the owner and put him in touch with the board. Price would be far below 10K.:lookaroun