PDA

View Full Version : I gotta say, it's been a good day.

Cuda
11-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Things just seem to be falling in place today for a change. I stopped at the shop to check on the covers being made for the Checkmate. I've already got it sold, and told the guy I'd meet him in Jax tomorrow, to save him 230 miles of driving. They had the full cover done, and will finish the motor cover and the cockpit cover today.:)
While I was there, my phone rings, it's the guy from the Boat Hospital saying they have my tranny out, and ready for me to pick it up. I was only about a half mile from him when he called. I was really pleased to see what great shape the tranny was in visually, it almost looks new on the outside, no corrosion whatsoever. I meant to get a picture.
I left the BH, and drove directly to Speedmasters to have the tranny rebuilt. Galen saw me pulling in, and was wheeling a cart out to put the tranny on. He said it will be done early next week.
While I was at Galen's, Sunshine Armature called and said they had the starter rebuilt for the Minx. I was about two miles from there, so I picked it up too.
My lucks's been so good, I'm afraid to actually install the starter, because I'm afraid I break something costly! :)
I also had two GC's call me today and we have two more jobs too.
The only downer today was, I got a call from a super on the jobsite in Clearwater. I had the wrong tile shipped in that I was short. Worse part is it comes out of California. The damn freight cost me more than the tile. :(

gcarter
11-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Good for you Joe!

Carl C
11-22-2005, 12:41 PM
I've got to respect a man with 8 boats!!!!!!! Glad you're having a good day.:lifeprese

txtaz
11-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Way to go Joe,
BUT a man with 8 boats is bound to have a bad day most of the time...UNLESS he only works on them..
Da Taz<<<---One boats enough for me...usually....maybe...still deciding

Sam
11-22-2005, 01:05 PM
When it rains it pours, just be thankfull it's all good :beer: .

Sam

Cuda
11-22-2005, 01:12 PM
When it rains it pours, just be thankfull it's all good :beer: .
Sam
Ain't that the truth! Friday before last, it was raining all bad! :(

MOP
11-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Good for you Joe nothing beats a good day, well maybe one or two things:smileybo: :shocking:

Donzigo
11-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Joe, did I read it right? You selling the Checkmate?

Cuda
11-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Joe, did I read it right? You selling the Checkmate?
I'm taking it to Jax today.

onesubdrvr
11-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Joe,

I didn't want to say anything until yesterday was over and jinx 'ya and all,

but HEY!! Congrats on a great (for once) day!!

Wayne

Walt. H.
11-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Joe,

While I was cruising E-Bay earlier I spotted this and thought of you, just in case you wanna have a spare TRS trans, this might be a good idea? :yes: :crossfing :checkered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Borg-Warner-71C-transmission-Cigarette-Fountain-Formula_W0QQitemZ4590484764QQcategoryZ50442QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Cuda
11-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Joe,
While I was cruising E-Bay earlier I spotted this and thought of you, just in case you wanna have a spare TRS trans, this might be a good idea? :yes: :crossfing :checkered
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Borg-Warner-71C-transmission-Cigarette-Fountain-Formula_W0QQitemZ4590484764QQcategoryZ50442QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem
Walt, that one's a BW tranny. I wish I had one of those. I'd have to move the engine forward to install it. I think my MercII will hold up well. The guy who's doing it, has been fixing them for years, and I've gotten great feedback on him.

Walt. H.
11-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Opp's my mistake for some reason I thought thats what you had, sorry.
Enjoy the turkey bird today, taste like gator. yum yum!:wavey:
Walt

MR MAGOO
11-24-2005, 01:31 AM
Hey, that's my auction. You guys don't miss a thing over here.

Hi Joe!

Kurt....aka "Biggus":wavey:

Cuda
11-24-2005, 06:25 AM
Hey Kurt, where have you been hiding out. I haven't seen you much on any of the boards. I did see you testifying for Audio about his junk engines. :(

BUIZILLA
11-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Kurt, how the hell did you slip into/out of KW without letting us know???

Jim