PDA

View Full Version : CORSICAN pics from Pt. Roberts

Lenny
11-22-2005, 09:49 AM
On my way to Key West, I stopped by and met this fella and looked at his Corsican. It was kinda surreal as he lives about 30 miles from me, and a Border mind you, but in a trailer park, and this thing sits outside under an old awning. When I saw it, I couldn't believe it. Original, in every sense, matching numbers on block (351C) Holman Moody boat, hull number #47, and not ONE thing added to the hull. No extra holes, dash crap, nothing. Side ski locker hatches were solid, deck was like a rock, everything was there. So, without further adue, here are the pics. The fella, last pic, is a Metal Sculpture, retired Navy Seal, and recently retired Ships pilot (large personal Yachts) Great guy and a real character. The "crane" (bird) that I took a picture of is for a Golf Course locally. It is about 8' across and a thing of beauty. The pic does not do it justice.

Lenny
11-22-2005, 09:55 AM
The engine number is DOHM 3276-1-R and then an "M" or an "A". hard to make out on the foil tag.

Bob
11-22-2005, 10:42 AM
WOW! First cars in barns and now Donzi's in carports. Is it a single seat?

JimG205
11-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Lenny-Thanks for the great photo's on a rare donzi.Does this guy use the boat????:beer:

Lenny
11-22-2005, 11:28 AM
The boat sat in an Aircraft Hangar for 10 years at a California Millionaires, at which time this fella drove (piloted) his (Milionaires) 123 footer around Mexico for him. Upon this fella (pilot)retiring from that business, and the running of the Yacht, he was greeted on the dock (in Cali) by the Owner (of the Yacht) and he gave him the title and a set of "keys" to a "run-a-bout" to take home as a gift. The fella (sculpture above) went to the Hangar and towed home this "boat" without knowing what it was. Turns out to be a Corsican. He has used it once in the last 4 years.

So, the boat has been out about ONCE in 14 years... :)

olredalert
11-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Lenny,
------Big thanks from all of us for doing the sluething necessary on this great Corsican. It looks extremely original. The rear seat-back is different from any other I have seen. It appears to be one piece and all the others I have ever laid eyes on have had a left and right section. The pleats also stop short of the top edge of fiberglass which is also different. All others have the pleats going right up to the fiberglass. Im not ready, though, to say that its not original. The fact that the original owner was very wealthy means that he could get just about anything he wanted from DONZI, and special interior appointments would have been a pretty easy upgrade. Another one resurfaces,,,,,very CQQL!!!...........Bill S
------P.S. Just noticed that the side scoops are the rare DONZI logo scoops. This boat would be right in line time-wise for these scoops!!!

rustnrot
11-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Lenny, out of Sheer Curiousity, you are driving from B.C. to Key West? Wow, what a long trip! Have you done it before??

mphatc
11-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Lenny,

Awesome cool ! Thanks for the pictures and information. Could you please fwd to me offlist the owners contact info, only for my spreadsheet info of Corsicans.

Did he say anything about a potential buyer?

Like Bill stated a few items don't seem to be original or correct.

As previously mentioned the drive was repainted black, to me indicating someone desiring it to look like a newer Mercruiser boat . .

the ski tow loop behind the rear seat

the instrument surround is not the cast aluminum with SS plate, although the gauges look like correct Teleflex pieces.

The side graphics, possibly the real "Corsican" shield was no longer being used this late in production??

The Holley looks new . . . ?

It would really be neat to know who owned the boat from new!

Mario L.

EricG
11-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Great Pics Lenny, between this one and Darryl's over in Spokane, we've got a few fairly nice originaly classics up here in the NW - I hope this one stays here.

Lenny, out of Sheer Curiousity, you are driving from B.C. to Key West? Wow, what a long trip! Have you done it before??

I believe Len flew down to KW this time. As far as the drive, Kathy and I did Seattle to Key West 2 years ago, taking the "longish" way:
Day 1: Seattle to Salt Lake City
Day 2: SLC to Lincoln Nebraska
Day 3: Lincoln to Chicago
Day 4: Chicago to Toledo Ohio
Day 5: Toledo to Atlanta
Day 6: Atlanta to Orlando
Day 7: Orlando to Key West

We actually took 10 days for the trip because we spent some time in Chicago, Cedar Point, OH, and Orlando. It was at the end of that trip that I decided that I would marry her, as I figured if we could spend that long in a car together and not kill each other - she was a keeper :biggrin.:

Sorry to hijack the thread.
EG