PDA

View Full Version : River Cooter

Cuda
11-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Last week, someone question the identification of a turtle that was in a picture. This morning, I found this big river cooter hiding out under my truck. It's one of the thickest one's I've ever seen. He had several battle wounds on his shell that had healed up. I don't know what caused them, maybe a gator. :)

Cuda
11-20-2005, 05:48 PM
We turned him loose in the canal behind the house. I asked Debbie why she didn't eat him. She said she didn't want to see me go to squallin' when she chopped his head off.:eek:

Jraysray
11-20-2005, 07:35 PM
That is one freaky thick turtle! Looks like he just moved into a bigger shell. What the heck is in your water? Beside the monster snakes, eating the aligators? :confused:

sanleonkid
11-22-2005, 06:17 PM
Thick shell??/ Probably raised by someone and released. The shells often get deformed due to being fed way too much protein in their diet. They really require very little protein and everyone wants to feed them dog food instead of fruits and vegetables.

Lenny
11-22-2005, 06:29 PM
...WHAT... blew me away was in Key West, prior to a green flag and Smoke, there was both Course choppers for boaters that shouldn't be there AS WELL AS Manatee/Sea Turtle choppers and the Race would NOT start if one was on the Course...

Pretty cool actually, regardless of how anyone feels about them... :yes:

Mac
11-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Is that a painter turtle? Had one as a pet when Iwas a kid.