PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 22 Classic OB

Team Jefe
11-18-2005, 11:03 AM
The not so secret secret is I am buying the OB from Woodsy. I think its going to be a hoot, but I need to get a prop and I'm looking for advice. We have a couple of good prop guys in the area (Mike Hood is 3 miles from my house), but I need some inputon what is actually the right prop for this application....and I'm sure the brain trust here will have many great ideas. So let'em fly.

txtaz
11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Now Jefe, You know you can't get as many girls in a classic. BUT welcome to the classic club. What motor is on it?
Da Taz

Cuda
11-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I think props are a black science, with most boats being a law unto themselves. That 22 especially, since there's not another one like it anywhere. Just try whatever prop you have around, then go from there. I didn't know you were buying it, so I guess it was a secret. :)

boxy
11-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Taz, you haven't seen this classic yet. The tub where the motor should be could be filled up with water, and you'd have a 6 seater hot tub for the ladies.... :D :D

mattyboy
11-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I heard rumors that a 400 hp eggbeater is on the way to the market

that would put a hitch in your giddyup

good luck with the new ride :)

txtaz
11-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Taz, you haven't seen this classic yet. The tub where the motor should be could be filled up with water, and you'd have a 6 seater hot tub for the ladies.... :D :D
Damn good idea Boxy. DonCig, NEW grudge match rules...NUMBER of hot bikinies in the boat wins. Forget the blower, new motor and shortie. I'm going eggbeater/hot tub combo.:fire: :fire: :fire: WoooHoooo
Da Taz<<<---Is it summer yet

Team Jefe
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Now Jefe, You know you can't get as many girls in a classic. BUT welcome to the classic club. What motor is on it?
Da Taz

Taz - Boxy Nailed it, I'm thinking of putting ina rumble seat:rlol:

Team Jefe
11-18-2005, 04:59 PM
I think props are a black science, with most boats being a law unto themselves. That 22 especially, since there's not another one like it anywhere. Just try whatever prop you have around, then go from there. I didn't know you were buying it, so I guess it was a secret. :)

Cuda I had a feeling you'd say that. So, it's experiment time....trip after trip on the water to try different props...hard work, but I will take on that task.

Cuda
11-18-2005, 05:05 PM
What prop do you have on the fishboat?

Team Jefe
11-18-2005, 05:57 PM
A 23 Viper 3 blade

Cuda
11-18-2005, 06:41 PM
A 23 Viper 3 blade
Sounds like as good a place as any to start. Is it a Merc or an Omc motah? It seems I remember it being Omc.

DonCig
11-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Jefe, great news on your new boat. I cant wait to take a ride in it.

Lenny, I appreciate you staying quiet on OUR secret, but you can now tell the registry membership that I am currently scheduled to be the second person in the world to own a "Lenny" 18' Bench Seat Classic
, 427 c.i. 520 h.p., 90 mph GPS boat with a Blackhawk Drive.
Otherwise affectionately called a Lenny Love Bucket 18', designed for a threesome, steering wheel in the center of the dash, and a Red Bikini on the right arm, and a Red Bikini on the left arm, and no freeloaders like Wes in the boat. Who needs a Hot Tub Outboard when you can own a "Lenny Love Bucket 18'."
Footpedal throttle, of course! The hands are busy.

The kitty is out of the bag and The Grudge Match continues.

Richard Rees
11-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Jefe just can't stay away from those outboards, Now you will have a REAL (Classic) Donzi.

Team Jefe
11-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Guys thanks for the support.:lookaroun

Currently she has an Evinrude V8 275/300 HP. Its Evinrudes foray into takikng on Merc for the racing crowd.

txtaz
11-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Guys thanks for the support.:lookaroun
Currently she has an Evinrude V8 275/300 HP. Its Evinrudes foray into takikng on Merc for the racing crowd.
Jefe, Let me know when you want to tweak it. My outboard racing buddy is right down the road from you. He still holds 9 National records after being out for awhile. He's good.
Don, "A Lenny Love Bucket"??? I thought he made cabinets and wired phones... But none the less, Lenny do we get a dance with that???
Da Taz<<<---Doing a little jingle, Uhmmm hello someone owes me a call...

JimG
11-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Congrats, Jefe! Sweet ride, for sure! I guess we'll just follow the two-stroke cloud across the bay, so you can't run off and hide with the RBT...:eek:

BUIZILLA
11-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Lenny, I appreciate you staying quiet on OUR secret, but you can now tell the registry membership that I am currently scheduled to be the second person in the world to own a "Lenny" 18' Bench Seat Classic
, 427 c.i. 520 h.p., 90 mph GPS boat with a Blackhawk Drive.let's see here, the first one is yellow, the second one is navy blue/white/red interior (or maybe black/white/red interior)... what color was your's again :cistineb: :umbrella:

anonymous :tongue:

TMANN
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Jefe,
I liked your first set of outboards so if the outboard on the 22 is anything like they were it will be great outboard!!!!!
If this is to good of a picture of the outboards just let me know and I will take it down...
TMANN
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16115&stc=1&d=1132627023

Team Jefe
11-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Phil - you've been holding out on me:eek!: I need the rest of this series emailed to me. No to risque for me....I like the beautiful Angel in the pic. If you look real close you just see a Red Bikini.:biggrin:

Team Jefe
11-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Congrats, Jefe! Sweet ride, for sure! I guess we'll just follow the two-stroke cloud across the bay, so you can't run off and hide with the RBT...:eek:

I may have to start teh Royal Blue Bikini Crew to match the 22......oh, who am I kiddin' RED goes with ANYTHING.

TMANN
11-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Phil - you've been holding out on me:eek!: I need the rest of this series emailed to me. No to risque for me....I like the beautiful Angel in the pic. If you look real close you just see a Red Bikini.:biggrin:
Done... but theres only two.
Tmann