PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV

DonziJon
11-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Yesterday, Our Direct TV changed over to Xm Satellite Radio instead of the commercial free music that has been provided over the past few years. We have always recieved "no commercials" music radio on Direct TV. We do not, and have never had, any movie packages. I think we are one step above the bottom tier. I don't know what they call it.
I think I like this new venue. Still free....so far. :) Some DJ comentary, but no commercials. GOOD

Patti
11-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Jon :jestera:
I was bitching about the same exact thing to Jamie yesterday..we have Directv too and yesterday when I turned on the music channels it was XM..I was like where did my Christmas music go? I know..most people hate it but I love it :tongue:
And I agree..we have no movie channels either, we never watch them..but I hate the commercials too.
Directv did have on their information channel a message saying they were switching over..I just didnt know that it'd be like this..oh well..like ya say..it's still free :)

pmreed
11-17-2005, 08:12 AM
I've got Dish, the "everything package", all the movie channels, superstations, locals, etc. We've had free Sirius radio now for a couple of years, but they didn't take down the 70 or 80 channels of free music we've always had.

Phil

Schnook
11-17-2005, 09:54 AM
We got all the movie channels and stuff free when we signed up. Thank God that's going to expire soon, then I can do something constructive instead of watch 'Godfather' or 'Gladiator' every night!

Sam
11-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Geez I didn't even know there was a music channel. I guess I better try looking at somthing other than Hitler vision (the military channel). Nice avatar Patti, is that what bliss looks like Jamie............just kidding, maybe.

Patti
11-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Funny you say that Sam..Jamie & were talking about that not long ago..that Hitler is everywhere on that channel..and on some of the others..it's all Knights of the Templar :)
They do have digital music, my son likes it more with the XM..I just want my Christmas music back! :tongue:

harbormaster
11-17-2005, 04:04 PM
XM will be firing up their Christmas music shortly. They have 3 or 4 channels of it.

Sagbay32
11-17-2005, 07:54 PM
http://www.xmradio.com/holiday/

Mike

Sam
11-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Patti, just hooked up XM in my car............I'm hooked on the comedy channel :embarasse .

Patti
11-18-2005, 09:30 AM
XM is nice..they have portable ones too right? that you can take from the car to the house etc? I have a friend who has a system like that but i'm not sure if it's Sirius or XM.
XM is nice..but directv only gives you a snippet of channels..not like you'd get with regular XM service... and no Xmas music on those dammit :tongue:
Honestly, I dont need 10 channels of Rap..10 channels of Classical or Country..oh and we cant forget the umpteen channels of Gosepl music they're giving us..all I want is some Rudolph :jestera:

DonziJon
11-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Last night I went to my Direct TV "Guide" for some music. XM was gone, except for one channel. After much hair pulling, and a complete reprogramming of the "guide", I got back all the XM channels that I was interested in except XM 803.."the 60s", and XM 805.."the 80s". No amount of clicking and checking would allow me to program those two stations. I can punch them in manually, listen to them, but not program them into the guide. Anyone else have that problem??:lookaroun