PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Sarasota Bay Boaters Please Read!!!

SHARKEYMARINE
11-10-2005, 11:58 PM
I would like to pass this message onto those of you that boat or plan to boat in the Sarasota Bay area:

November 11,2005

Dear Boating Club and or Boating Organizer:

As a Sarasota resident and performance boating enthusiast I welcome you to my community and have for several years. I am writing you today to kindly ask you to extend a courtesy to several boating concerns you may be unaware of. Sarasota Florida is home to many boat companies, racers, manufactures, engine builders and is generally a large boating community not to mention the number one offshore race site in the Country, however there are boating issues arising.

Waterfront lifestyle and boating has increased each year and so has the performance boats sales. However, it also has its negative effective on some Sarasota Bay residence. Sarasota is proud of the safe boating statistic we have on our waterways..

I ask if you would please consider some community issues that may effect you in some way. A certain area known as Sarasota Bay, the area between US 41 around Indian Beach Road Bayfront and the Ringling Museum Bayfront has been making their request for Noise control and Speed Control an issue. The area of concern in Sarasota Bay from the Hyatt Hotel on the Intercoastal Bayside to the Ringling Museum Bayside approximately a 1 1/2 mile in length is being questioned. I would prefer that we be able to continue to use the waterways without additional restrictions. With your help, assistance and understanding you may help our goal to inform your boaters that a certain area is of interest of concern.

The northeast bay of Sarasota Bay is the area in question. If possible stay close to the ICW and away from the east side of Northeast Sarasota Bay. The noise level and high speeds are drawing a concern to those 200 residents in the area . No laws have been broken . I am asking if you would honor this request and leave performance boating in the middle of the Bay and ICW or in the Gulf of Mexico away from this small area. The area closer to the shoreline and these homes are shallow in some area's and can quickly become hazardous if you are uniformed. The bay is wide enough, approximately 2 1/2 miles, just stay clear of the east side if at all possible.

I enjoy boating in Sarasota and would prefer to continue my performance boating in this area. Your cooperation in spreading the word to your fellow boaters that may visit the area would be appreciated. Please continue to stress safe boating to all your boating members and have them use extra caution in high speeds in any boating environment.

Please be considerate of the neighbors in this area because failure to do so could result in a negative effect for all boaters in the future in Sarasota, Florida.
Thank you for your time and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to call me 941-232-4524 . I have enclosed a navigation chart for your review.

Respectfully,
Lisa Matthews
Driver - Pier 57/Twisted Metal Motorsports
42' Fountain Race Boat
Pleasure Boater
Sarasota Resident Full time
Sarasota Business Owner
Concerned Boater of Sarasota!