PDA

View Full Version : OK, here is the "deal" on the Corsican (was) on Ebay

Lenny
11-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I talked to the fella today. I have friends in Pt. Roberts, 2 families actually, and after Farmer Tex emailed me the saved pics from Ebay, I emailed them to these families to see if they have ever seen it as the place is sooo small, they must have or at least recognize the house. So about one hour after my email I get a call from one of these people saying it is "just down the Road". As it turns out, it was a neighbour. Worse, I have partied and shot pool MANY MANY MANY times about 500' from where this cabin (trailer) is. As in the other post we had when it was first listed, this is where it is.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42389&highlight=corsican

I called the fella today, and we chatted about the boat and its' history a bit. It is a '72. I will get the hull number on Sunday if it is visible. The fella, Dick, has owned it for about 5 years and has used it little (if at all really). Dick is a pilot for Mega-Yachts (retired I believe) and used to run one of the local multi-millionaires boats around here. Then he went to work for the Conrad family in Newport Beach, CA and pilot their 123 footer :rolleyes: . That took him to Mexico, where he ran the large yacht for years for the owner.

Upon leaving that position, and a farewell to the family, he was greeted at the dock, by the owner with keys and title in hand for a little boat. This little boat was stored in an aircraft hangar for 10 years in California, and as it was, it was a DONZI Corsican as a parting "gift" to Dick. He brought it up to where it resides now.

Sounds like it has a pile of garbage in the fuel tank but he says it doesn't smell at all (I was telling him about deck removal etc.) He mentioned about 1" of vanish on the bottom of the tank and it definately has been sitting for years. He says it runs fine and then starves for fuel. Sounds like the pick up to me.. ??? The only aftermarket thing on it is a ring by the center of the rear seat deck for skiing I presume. I have not seen it yet. He said the deck is solid as a rock (he did not know about coring etc) and everything is there. The Volvo 270 has been painted black :( That is all I know.

He informed me that the reason it was pulled off of Ebay, (by Ebay) was the ad was put in by his son and included a P.O.Box # and something about homeland security issues by doing that. He also said that a fella from Ft. Lauderdale has offered him $25K unseen and he is the only offer so far. I asked him if he wan't me to post it here for others that have an infliction for them? He said he didn't mind, I warned him about a lot of calls etc, he said fine. So, with his permission here are the pics from Ebay. He can be reached at 360-945-2377 again, his name is Dick. Tell him Lenny from Victoria referred you to the ad.

If anyone wants, I am going by the area on Sunday around noon and can take all the pics you want. I can upload them from somewhere once I get to Florida on my way to the Worlds.

We are 3 hours before you guys on the East Coast so don't phone before 11am please. If you are on the West Coast, then no problem. 8am in Florida is 5am in Pt. Roberts.

mphatc
11-09-2005, 09:20 PM
WOW! Good work Lenny!

The boat looks to be in great shape. Nice color combination, can't say I like the black stripe, I'll bet that was white originally.

Ofcourse it will need a deck off and a fuel tank . . . and with it's age I'm sure there are other issues.

Just how sincere is the FL offer? Did he give any indications? Was it Cuda???:rlol:

I look forward to the hull number to add to the speadsheet. Assuming that only 50-60 of these were built, right now I have tracked down approximately half of them . . which is incredible!

Mario

MOP
11-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Nice shot Len, small world!!!!

Phil

olredalert
11-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Lenny,

--------All Corsicans had a gel-coat stripe at that color juncture. I believe that they couldnt get the line between the two colors clean enough to deliver these boats so the stripe was the solution. My Corsican is the only one I know of that has an extra line of white on the light blue above the black to dress the seam up a bit. I will have to get a picture up here sometime soon for you to see. I have had the boat for 3 years and Im still not sure I like it, but its as the factory delivered............Bill S

JPR
11-10-2005, 10:34 PM
wow Lenny, you're like a dog with a bone (or is that a monkey with a pickle) :D when you get on to something. That corsican is incredible. I can't believe you're in Pt. Roberts on Sunday - ironicly I will be on the Island. How long are you going to be in the big smoke for? I still want to show you the Baron.

Lenny
11-11-2005, 09:54 AM
I am going to Vanc on the 11am sailing. Meeting this fella to get pics in Pt. Roberts of the Corsican and chat for a few. I have never seen on in person so this is a must. Got more info on the person yesterday from a neighbour in the Pt.
He is a retired Navy Seal. Apparently he was injured in an underwater concusion "Bomb" of some sort and released. Then he went into the world or piloting large yachts. Jimmy Pattisons for one.
Anyways, then I am going to Richmond to meet a couple I have not seen for 16 years, briefly, and then on to the border and on to Seattle. I am back in 8 days. I will be at the Worlds in Key West with Poodle,Buizilla,Roadtrip and Bertram Boy, CDMA and "gang". I have your Baron ad here, email me an address if you like for it. highlnd@telus.net
Lenny