PDA

View Full Version : Digital

DonziJon
11-07-2005, 06:08 PM
I just bought my first digital camera. (Canon Power Shot 610) I've been playing around with it. I'm Very impressed with ALL the stuff it can do. I loaded the software that came with it into my very nice computer. I was able to transfer a picture from the camera to the computer. Now I want to transfer a picture to a post on this forum as a "thumbnail"... Is that the right term? How do I do that?? I've snooped all over this board for info on how to do this without any positive results. I started with computers Late in life. :lookaroun

sanleonkid
11-07-2005, 08:00 PM
its a slippery slope....... my wife started with a olympus D320 .... now she has a Canon D20 and a bag full of lenses.......... oh the sound of the 7 fps at the Kindergarten fun Run yesterday though.

pmreed
11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Click on Post Reply.
Create your message.
Scroll down to Additional Options.
Click on Manage Attachments.
Under Upload File from your Computer, click Browse.
Find the file you want to upload by clicking on the down arrow and searching your computer's directories. Make sure your file is one of the supported file types, and select it. The name will appear in the window to the left of Browse.
Click Upload.
Repeat for additional photos and close window when complete.

They will not appear when you preview your post; they will only appear when you Submit Reply

So the keys are:
1) Don't upload a monster file (try to keep it under a couple of hundred K)
2) Know the name of your file and where on your computer it's located.
3) SHOW US YOUR PICS!!

Have at it, Phil

DonziJon
11-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Click on Post Reply.
Create your message.
Scroll down to Additional Options.
Click on Manage Attachments.
Under Upload File from your Computer, click Browse.
Find the file you want to upload by clicking on the down arrow and searching your computer's directories. Make sure your file is one of the supported file types, and select it. The name will appear in the window to the left of Browse.
Click Upload.
Repeat for additional photos and close window when complete.

They will not appear when you preview your post; they will only appear when you Submit Reply

So the keys are:
1) Don't upload a monster file (try to keep it under a couple of hundred K)
2) Know the name of your file and where on your computer it's located.
3) SHOW US YOUR PICS!!

Have at it, Phil

Thanks Phil. I wrote down your instructions to the letter. Later on I'll see if I can PRINT your post. I'll post a picture when I have something that might be of interest to those on the forum. John :lookaroun