PDA

View Full Version : Parts from Donzi Marine

Cuda
11-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Will Donzi sell parts, perhaps a hatch for a 22 Classic?

mrfixxall
11-07-2005, 04:36 PM
cuda,you may want to ask lenny i think he may have a mold for your hatch...

Eugene Nahemow
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
I have called them before to buy parts and they have always directed me to a dealer.

I remember there was a post in the for sale section awhile back for a hatch, but I think it was for an 18. I believe it was Ted's.

Congrats on feeding your psychosis!:cistineb:

I'll be happy to ship the Magnum to you if you have any spare change left!

Cuda
11-07-2005, 07:07 PM
I'll be happy to ship the Magnum to you if you have any spare change left!

Please don't temp me. I LOVE that boat.

Hey Debbie, come here and look at this Magnum.

Cuda
11-07-2005, 07:08 PM
The next question would be, is there a Donzi dealer near me?

mrfixxall
11-07-2005, 07:19 PM
cuda,,,,i tryed to get a hatch for my 18 and donzi said that thay dont and wont make a hatch for any of our older boats...................

Cuda
11-07-2005, 07:42 PM
cuda,,,,i tryed to get a hatch for my 18 and donzi said that thay dont and wont make a hatch for any of our older boats...................
I wonder if the 22 hatch has changed? Looks the same to me. :)

gcarter
11-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Joe, about the only option you have is Jamie @ Lakeside Restorations. If Donzi still makes it, he can get it.
But, I'm pretty sure it's changed.
A good glass guy can do it right. I could probably help you do it but it will be after thanksgiving. It really isn't all that hard.

penbroke
11-07-2005, 07:46 PM
If I remember it seems to me our new sponser had some luck a while back getting some parts from Donzi where others had failed before.... I'm not certain but might be worth a try.

Congrads on the new ride, buy the way. :cool:

Frank

Donzi Rose
11-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Joe if it is just the scoop area, that should be ok to have that glassed. maybe I missed something, it did look rough underneath but the top wasn't too bad. Seems it would be much better to do that than a new hatch. Or leave it alone for a short while and let George find you a tore up one with a good hatch. He is good at that. R

Cuda
11-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Joe if it is just the scoop area, that should be ok to have that glassed. maybe I missed something, it did look rough underneath but the top wasn't too bad. Seems it would be much better to do that than a new hatch. Or leave it alone for a short while and let George find you a tore up one with a good hatch. He is good at that. R
If you look at this picture, you can see where the hatch is tweaked on all four corners. Being a tile man, this reminds me of a shower floor. :)

pmreed
11-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Joe, just take care of the mechanicals on your sweet new ride. A little time and help from your friends on the Registry may provide a fix for your hatch...talk to George and Lenny for starters. If it just can't be done, reasonably, there'll be time to search out a replacement.

Phil

olredalert
11-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Joe,

--------I wouldnt get too worked up as I have seen many 22s with the same problem that didnt have a scoop and were never touched. The new one you buy might be as bad as the one you have. That would be a kick in the ba**s, HUH ????

gcarter
11-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I agree w/Phil. I'd be a lot more concerned with what's UNDER that crack in the floor. Is it a stringer? If it is, fixing the top will only be temporary. I can give you some guidance, right after Thanksgiving.

LKSD
11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Joe, about the only option you have is Jamie @ Lakeside Restorations. If Donzi still makes it, he can get it.
But, I'm pretty sure it's changed.
A good glass guy can do it right. I could probably help you do it but it will be after thanksgiving. It really isn't all that hard.

George, Thanks for the reccomendation.. What year is the hatch in question & is it just dammaged? I do glass work & gelcoating here as well. Possibly I could be of help??
Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

Cuda
11-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Jamie, I sent you an email last night.

Oops, I just checked my email, and you had already responded. I'll call you today.

Cuda
11-08-2005, 05:36 AM
I agree w/Phil. I'd be a lot more concerned with what's UNDER that crack in the floor. Is it a stringer? If it is, fixing the top will only be temporary. I can give you some guidance, right after Thanksgiving.
They are already checking the floor. They can access the area that is cracked from underneath through the ski locker.

DonziDave
11-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Back at post #11 of this thread, Cuda has a picture of his hatch. In the photo, the right rear corner of the hatch is not flush with the deck. My 18C has the same problem. Is there a way fix this? I have tried readjusting the hinges with some improvement, but the hatch still has a little torque to it.

Dave :confused:

gcarter
11-09-2005, 08:35 PM
I think most hatches fit poorly.
I found when re-attaching my hinges, they can be put on wrong, so that the hatch stands prowd to the deck. There are at least four ways the hinges can be assembled, and only one of them is right.
Look for the set with holes in them. A screw goes into these holes to keep the hinges together, #10 countersunk screw. Also the pins are "cranked" to fit the camber of the deck. The half with pins mount to the deck. If assembled properly, the female halves are mounted to the hatch and will be slightly lower than the deck.

Cuda
11-09-2005, 08:46 PM
George, this one has different hinges than what are on our Minxs. The guy said he figured out a way to fix it. I told him to go for it.