PDA

View Full Version : Don't think this is a 1986 18C..??

DonziDave
11-06-2005, 09:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6010409117

Saw this on e-bay listed as an '86 18C. My boat is an '86 18C and there are just too many differences between my boat and this one.

Such as: The lifting rings are the old style skinny type (mine are thicker). The dash and instruments are wrong (my dash panel and cut-out is much wider and has the VDO square bezel gauges). The glove box is too far to the right and the grab bar is on the dash as opposed to lower on the cowling next to the passenger seat. My boat does not have seat swivels (although this could be a retofit). The lip on the ski locker looks taller than mine. The fresh water flush on the transom is too far to the right. Anyone see other differences?

Or am I just full of it....!!! :rolleyes:

mattyboy
11-07-2005, 08:00 AM
only thing i see off is the water line stripe is way to high on the transom
simple to answer with a hin number

Lenny
11-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Looks "real" to me... ???

Walt. H.
11-07-2005, 09:25 AM
The glovebox should have been cut following the bottom lip of the dash and not following the top line of the deck, so now it looks crooked.

Regarding the water line stripe: The owner said that the bottom of the boat has been painted but I don't see bottom paint, so he must have ment the sides we're painted and I guess thats the answer as to why the stripe is higher then you normally see.

It still looks like it will be a pretty good deal as long as the stringers are sound, and the interior looks nice & new.