PDA

View Full Version : a sad story

mattyboy
11-06-2005, 08:49 AM
First let me say that if this is not appropriate to post here I have no problems with the admin of the board removing it, and I don't want this to turn into a thread to voice political agendas or ideas, then I will remove it.

As some of you may know my son's Joe science teacher Lt. Lou Allen was murdered in Iraq along with his commanding officer this summer. My son is extremely bright but never really applies himself or follows things thru on anything ( I know where that comes from) so when I came home from work and Marie said I got a call from the principal of the high school my first reaction was ok what did the boy do now?? but she said no this is something totally different. When Joe heard the news that Lt Allen was killed he walked into the principal office and said we need to do something and then got the ball rolling on memorial bracelets, something like the yellow live strong bracelets that lance armstrong started. These are green Lt Allens favorite color and say "Lt L.A. always loved" the first batch sold out quickly now we have a second batch.Joe and I are also running a dinner to benfit the Lou Allen memorial fund. if anyone is interested in a bracelet or making a donation or just wants to find out more about the story let us know.

this story continues to unfold with more and more tragedy, his widow is oversea know at the trial of his accused murderer,Justice may never be done in this case but regardless of that as a teacher he may not have reached my son in the classroom but the way he lived and died in the answer of the call of service to his nation has made an impression on my son so deep , that as a father I can't express the words .

contact us at mnmveth@optonline.net

here's a link
http://www.louisallenfund.com/lou.htm

god bless Lou and his family,all our armed forces and the US

joseph m. hahnl
11-06-2005, 11:11 AM
See Matty: That's what spending time with your kids does. It Makes Them out standing. and decent human beings. The quality of a parent is measured by the morals of his children. So as a father you did a great job:wavey:

joe

TuxedoPk
11-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Matty- Please tell Joe that he can put me down for a bracelet and let me know when the dinner will be held. From everything I'ver heard and read our school district has lost a great teacher and man.

mattyboy
11-11-2005, 07:39 AM
anyone interested bracelets are 5$ i'll pay shipping
email me your info

Tux
I'll email you info on the dinner and how to get there

14$ a head
friday dec 2 5:30- 8:30
Ancient Order of Hiebernians Hall
Division 1 Monroe NY

soup, salad, Matty's famous sliced sirloin over garlic toast,and dessert
and soft drinks

to benefit

http://www.louisallenfund.com/index.htm

happy veterans day
god bless all our uniformed services

Schnook
11-11-2005, 10:12 AM
First let me say that if this is not appropriate to post here I have no problems with the admin of the board removing it, and I don't want this to turn into a thread to voice political agendas or ideas, then I will remove it.

As some of you may know my son's Joe science teacher Lt. Lou Allen was murdered in Iraq along with his commanding officer this summer. My son is extremely bright but never really applies himself or follows things thru on anything ( I know where that comes from) so when I came home from work and Marie said I got a call from the principal of the high school my first reaction was ok what did the boy do now?? but she said no this is something totally different. When Joe heard the news that Lt Allen was killed he walked into the principal office and said we need to do something and then got the ball rolling on memorial bracelets, something like the yellow live strong bracelets that lance armstrong started. These are green Lt Allens favorite color and say "Lt L.A. always loved" the first batch sold out quickly now we have a second batch.Joe and I are also running a dinner to benfit the Lou Allen memorial fund. if anyone is interested in a bracelet or making a donation or just wants to find out more about the story let us know.

this story continues to unfold with more and more tragedy, his widow is oversea know at the trial of his accused murderer,Justice may never be done in this case but regardless of that as a teacher he may not have reached my son in the classroom but the way he lived and died in the answer of the call of service to his nation has made an impression on my son so deep , that as a father I can't express the words .

contact us at mnmveth@optonline.net

here's a link
http://www.louisallenfund.com/lou.htm

god bless Lou and his family,all our armed forces and the US
Hi, do you have a paypal account or something I can send money electronically? If I have to be counted on to actually mail something, I can't be held responsible, just ask my wife!

MrsDigger
11-11-2005, 11:05 AM
What a horrifying experience for Lt. Allen's family, and what a wonderful thing you all are doing.

For more info: http://www.recordonline.com/news/special_reports/louallen/

mattyboy
11-12-2005, 06:24 AM
here's a pic of the bracelet
I'm working on the paypal thing give me a day or so I'll keep you posted
checks must be made out to the
Louis Allen Memorial fund

sorry for the pic quality you know me and cameras

TuxedoPk
12-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Just came home from the dinner for the Lou Allen memorial fund. A big thanks to Matty, Marie and everyone responsible for holding this event. The food was great as was the cause.

mattyboy
12-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Tux,
Thanx for coming sorry I was too busy to spend a little more time with ya
when all is said and done we raised a $1000 not bad for a night's work

mattyboy
06-25-2006, 09:24 AM
well another chapter is added, Joe has now graduated from High Scool this past Friday night and Marie and I and very proud of him, he was honored with the unveiling of the Lt Allen memorial at the high school which he was the student body representative of the memorial committee. he was also presented with the Lt Allen Scholarship for community service it was given to him by Lt Allen's Mom and Dad very emotional.
The memorial was built around the School's flag pole which Lt Allen walked by every morning and stop to salute, it has a few marble benches and a garden setting with a circle of red and white carnations and there are 2 plaques One which will be put in Lt Allen's science lab and one on the flag pole

boxy
06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Matty, tell Joe we are proud to know him, he did a good thing, and congrats on his graduation.

Boxy, Lou, Hannah, and Alicia

Patti
06-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Matty, congratulate Joe for Jamie and I..tell him good job!
So did you guys make it through "ok"? lol
We're just hoping Rob would find a job now :lookaroun :tongue: