PDA

View Full Version : True real life heroes.

Cuda
11-06-2005, 06:19 AM
With all the bad things going on in the world, this article gave me renewed hope for mankind. I was truly moved by this story.
http://www.stpetetimes.com/2005/11/06/Southpinellas/Two_jump_off_bridge_t.shtml

Jraysray
11-06-2005, 06:40 AM
How weird! I was reading the news clip that Cuda posted and the local news started showing the car being pulled from the water. No mention of the lady jumping in and performing CPR.

Cuda
11-06-2005, 06:58 AM
I'm also glad everyone didn't just stand there wringing their hands and waiting for rescue to retrieve a body. I've been across that bridge many, many, times, and I wouldn't want to dive off it, but I would. I hope the boy pulls through ok.

Sagbay32
11-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Great story, thanks for posting it.

Mike

Sagbay32
11-06-2005, 10:09 AM
It reminds me of last year.
I work for a local Govt agency and the day before the last election, a guy I work with had "just say no to the police millage" in his car window (parked in front of our parking lot). The first things I thought of were: I hope he never needs police assistance...especially if they remembered that poster......and We don't all feel that way.

my $.02
Mike

Walt. H.
11-06-2005, 10:49 AM
QUOTE]I'd have done the same thing - no hesitation[/QUOTE]

But no one is ever paid enough when it comes to putting their life in harms way especially when it come to protecting or saving those that might not appreciate it, These brave public servants never called themselves "Heros" its said by the families of the victims of those they saved and all to often loose their own lives in the attempt of saving others.

God protect and Bless them all.!!!
I Remember :ribbon:

Schnook
11-06-2005, 11:07 AM
This is the kind of story I wish the media would highlight more often, not the bad news train wreck can't take your eyes off boy are we gonna get ratings type. What kind of coverage would it have gotten had no one made it out? I believe there's a hero in all of us, some are just never called on to be one. Count your blessings, police, paramedics, firemen, military - they choose to deal with those situations so we don't have to, it's not as romantic as it looks.

Jraysray
11-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Carl, Well good for you,

But no one is ever paid enough when it comes to putting their life in harms way especially when it come to protecting or saving those that might not appreciate it, These brave public servants never called themselves "Heros" its said by the families of the victims of those they saved and all to often loose their own lives in the attempt of saving others.

God protect and Bless them all.!!!
I Remember :ribbon:

Walt,
Well said. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but unfortunately more often than not it is based on ignorance. Many of us don’t get paid. Guess were just fools, right?

:sombrero: Ole!

Cuda
11-06-2005, 01:20 PM
One thing that bothered me is today, when I saw the coverage on TV, they just said two good samaritans were heros. If that was some minority, who thought they were ill treated by anyone, real or not, the tv station would have trucks at these peoples houses making up close an personal interviews with them. I guess that makes better press. :angryfire

As far as police and firefighters, I don't know what they are paid, but I do know it isn't enough. They do a dangerous, thankless job, and see things that I couldn't take seeing. There hasn't been enough money ever printed to make me do that job, and for that, I am thankful to them.

Walt. H.
11-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Jraysray,
Hell no brother, and if you we're called that in my presents by some mis-informed idiot i'd be the first to knock-em on his butt, to put it mildly!:wavey:

Cuda
11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
The seven year old is improving.
http://www.stpetetimes.com/2005/11/17/Southpinellas/7_year_old_rescued_fr.shtml