PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic improvement

nicolas Q
11-05-2005, 06:16 AM
Is there any hull difference between the first and the latest 22 classic, did donzi make some improvement on the hull, what about the weight etc...
is there any different deck to put the different windsheeld or are they exactly the same, it it possible to change plexi one to a chromed one?
thanks everybody to give me your experience.
Nicolas

Carl C
11-05-2005, 06:29 AM
I believe the hulls are still made in the original molds but are now made stronger. There have been many subtle differences in the decks such as the present ridge for mounting the windshield. Look into the AE (X-22) fairing. They look better to me and you don't look THROUGH the windshield anyway. Do they have Donzis in France?

Rodger
11-05-2005, 07:08 PM
The hulls are the same starting in 1978 until somewhere in the early to mid nineties. At that time a reverse chine was incorporated into the hull. I believe there were no other changes made to the hull at that time.

Carl C
11-05-2005, 07:27 PM
The hulls are the same starting in 1978 until somewhere in the early to mid nineties. At that time a reverse chine was incorporated into the hull. I believe there were no other changes made to the hull at that time. Does this make the early ones roll and bank more?

mattyboy
11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
no , the reverse chines were added to help backing into a dock

think they help with being a lil drier ride too ;)

nicolas Q
11-06-2005, 01:40 AM
thanks for you answers,
carl C, yes we can find a very little few donzi in France, I had one a 21 GT, witch I restore, it is running with a 350 OMC cobra and a King cobra, I also know a 18 classic in south of France, and I remember that a women had a 16 classic here in Bordeaux a few years ago but I did'nt see it this year.
and now there is a 22 classic here in Bordeaux, it'is running with a 454ci and his playground is the "bassin d'Arcahon"
that's why I look for one... I will not support any longer not to belong to "the 22 classic donzi club of the bassin d'arcachon"... (If I find one we will be two in this club...)

gcarter
11-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Welcome Nicolas!
We all hope you find your 22 Classic. You may have noticed there was one for sale here in Florida recently for $12,000.00. With the Dollar/Euro exchange rate being what it is, it might be a good time to look here.
That's a nice looking GT-21 you have. That is a pretty rare boat.