PDA

View Full Version : New, affordable high quality spray gun for GEL

Lenny
11-04-2005, 10:04 AM
http://www.sata.com/Produkte/produkt.jsp?index=02-b1&menu=05,05

These are German made and of very high quality. This one pictured above costs about $475.00 US$ complete. It has a one pint cup and would work well for small touch ups, transoms etc. Caps for it to spray Gel are "1.6" for Pump fed, "1.8" for pressure feed, (this set-up) and "3.0-4.0" for gravity feed (conventional set-up.) They also have a two ltr version and the 10 litre version but this little one looks like it would work GREAT for little stuff.

Going to get one and try it.

harbormaster
11-04-2005, 02:11 PM
There he is teasing us again with that one off bench seat X18.....

Lenny
11-04-2005, 07:19 PM
There he is teasing us again with that one off bench seat X18.....

...nope Scot :D There will be five numbered hulls a year (hull and deck only, cleats, rubrail, lights, fuel tank, assembled halves,... that's it) if I find a reliable, marketable place for them.

BUIZILLA
11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
soooo, Lenny.... nice PhotoShop job on the block wall.... :cistineb:

if you don't bring me a full set of current pic's to KW, your gonna get left on the dock dude... :banghead:

JH

Lenny
11-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Jim, there is no Photoshop job on that pic. That is the boat. as it sits, this week. Seriously. No monkeying around here. It is close, just the tub and final fairing to do, and a MOPAR 6-pack hatch scoop to add. The reason for the angle of the pic is 'cuz there is an office behind my back, so that is as far as I can go that way, and on the other side is the X-18 and a wall.

No tweaking of pics there Jim.

Here is a Starboard pic, all glassed together and razor straight, just not filled with Vinylester Fairing Compound. You would be shocked to know that the X-18 cockpit is about 1/2" out of square to the hull and the stripe is not centered, ...perfectly...

Lasers do NOT lie :D

Engine compartment 6" longer, deck brought towards stern 24-ish inches, a 39" long cockpit, (3" more fore and aft than where I sit in my "X" when comfortable). I am going pull out a shape (glass) from the tub and ship it to Bob at Bilt-Rite and get him to do me (and pattern) an interior. (soon)

You can put an Arneson AND trans inside in this boat, a big block with room, a small block with lots of room, raise the "X" 3" if you like and change nothing, and the stringers are a thing of beauty.

I still have to work out the gas tank size (I am thinking 50 USG) and placement and about 1 million other things. :D