PDA

View Full Version : Move to GA complete

DonRatto
11-02-2005, 07:09 PM
My move to GA, is now complete, closed on my house in GA last Friday and furniture and the rest of the household goods are on their way down. On to next step, moved south to warm wheather, now need to get a boat. :beer:

Carl C
11-02-2005, 07:47 PM
My move to GA, is now complete, closed on my house in GA last Friday and furniture and the rest of the household goods are on their way down. On to next step, moved south to warm wheather, now need to get a boat. :beer: Where did you move from? I'm in Michigan and looking into Lake Havasu City. I'm sick of this cold too. Are you near lakes or the gulf?:cool:

DonRatto
11-02-2005, 08:02 PM
I am near lakes, closest lakes are Lake Oconee, Lake Lanier, and Lake Hartwell, where Clemson University is. I moved from Connecticut, for a job promotion, I really like it down here.

boxy
11-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey Rat, check out the X boat in Alabama. Glad you're getting settled in....

DonRatto
11-02-2005, 08:33 PM
:beer: Very tempting Boxy, I was looking at that before, we shall see, ps I will be in Barrie Canada in December, looks like its a ride to you, but I will keep in touch.

boxy
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
When in December, I'm in Toronto Dec 6-7-8-9.....

sweet 16 1966
11-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Welcome south! I am about 30 miles from you. Hope you have setteled in.
If I can help with anything, feel free to contact me. I stay busy with work and enjoy working on the boat as time allows. What does your company do?
Lanier is busy and at times, rough but pretty lake IMO. About an hour from you.

Tim Morris
11-03-2005, 02:00 PM
When in December, I'm in Toronto Dec 6-7-8-9.....

I've been in Toronto since 1947. :biggrin.:

boxy
11-03-2005, 02:47 PM
.... and you still haven't figured how to get out ? :rlol:

Tim Morris
11-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Yup....err...I mean nope.

RoadtripSE talked about this a long time ago. Said the worst part of
the trip from MI to 1K Isles was the wall to wall traffic on the 401
across the top of Toronto.

I would have to plan my bust out carefully. Were I to succeed, I
would need property on the other side. Would need a real estate
pro.

I'd be afraid.....very, very afraid.

boxy
11-03-2005, 03:35 PM
With the money you guys in the GTA pull down you could afford half a town here in Eastern Ontario .... :D :D

Last Real Texan
11-03-2005, 05:08 PM
My move to GA, is now complete, closed on my house in GA last Friday and furniture and the rest of the household goods are on their way down. On to next step, moved south to warm wheather, now need to get a boat. :beer:
Welcome to the neighborhood. I am in Macon just south of you. Don't forget Lake Sinclair, nice lake too.

We spend quite a bit of time on Lake Alatoona as well.

Bryan

TOPSY II
11-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Welcome to Ga., you'll love everything but the traffic...I've been here in the Atlanta area ( off and on..mostly on) since 80. People are friendly, the weather is good for about 10 months out of 12..which "ain't all bad".

North end of Lanier isn't QUITE as busy, I also enjoy Allatoona since I live over on that side. If you get the chance, lots of Great Water around Chattanooga as well. Tennessee River runs right through the city, with Lake Chickamonga above the damn, and Nickajack Lake below, with about 20-30 miles of River between them....It's some of my favorite water, colors in the fall make the trip really special, very navigable.

Regards and again,Welcome

Topsy II

86 Minx Hull #59

ChromeGorilla
11-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Donratto..... I just moved from St. Marys GA to Greenville SC a couple weeks ago..... if boat doesn't sell this winter/ coming spring I'll be spending alot of time on Hartwell next summer. You can ride with me till you get a new boat......

DonRatto
11-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Guys sorry for the late response, I have been working on the house for the past 2 days and took work off, so no internet access. Sweet 16, I appreciate the offer and may take you up on that help sometime, would be good to meet some members down here as well, I was working in Lawrenceville the other day. As for the question, of what my company does we make Checkweighers, or highspeed scales, so we weigh product as its moving, company headquarters are in Germany, but US headquarters are in Snellville GA. Chrome, I would love to go up there with you, just passed Hartwell the other day coming back from Gaffney SC, Nestle is one of my customers up there. Topsy are 100% correct on the traffic thing its a pain in the a#* Texan, Macon is not far, still trying to get my bearings down here. Topsy, I agree I was up in Knoxville about 2 weeks ago and the Tenn. River is real nice, poped over to the SeaRay plant, just wanted to take a look, big plant, and I guess that is not the only one. Boxy, I will let you know about the dates I will be in Canada, and remember what I told you, when the US runs out of trees, you guys are next. Thanks for the Responses guys, I will keep posting of the progress, maybe have everyone over for some :beer: Later guys from the the guy formally known as the Rat, now known as the Damn Yankee Rat now.

ChromeGorilla
11-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Later guys from the the guy formally known as the Rat, now known as the Damn Yankee Rat now.

Well the DYR... you'll fit right in on my boat......

harbormaster
11-05-2005, 08:46 AM
If any of you guys meet up with DonRatto, be sure to take some extra underwear. He will make you laugh so hard you'll have to change to a new pair!

boxy
11-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Boxy, I will let you know about the dates I will be in Canada, and remember what I told you, when the US runs out of trees, you guys are next. :beer: Later guys from the the guy formally known as the Rat, now known as the Damn Yankee Rat now.

We kicked your ass once, we'll kick it again, Bring it on Balloon Knot Boy ...... :D :D

DonRatto
11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Listen, Boxy you puckerd Starfish, your part French and they have never won anything except a cooking contest, and who cares about that.:cistineb:

boxy
11-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Listen, Boxy you puckerd Starfish, your part French and they have never won anything except a cooking contest, and who cares about that.:cistineb:

Part French, that hurts.....
I never mention that you're from MA.....

:puke:

Woodsy
11-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Both of you boys need to shut yer man pleasers and get me a beer!

Woodsy

Hey Brownie... tell your lovely girl we said hello!

rustnrot
11-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Donratto, myself aka Tom Lang aka rustnrot and Mark Weinberger aka yesyoucan are here in Augusta! Come see us. BTW, Mark is a big Donzi fan and in the furniture business, probably the largest this side of Atlanta.

Also you are right next to http://www.propcopropellers.com, a retired Australian boat racer by the name of Peter Dean who manufactures props right there in Monroe, GA is a REAL piece of work, let me tell you!!! You need to visit his factory sometime......

DonRatto
11-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Woodsy, I told her you said hello and of course she loves you, rustnrot, I may be needing some furniture so I will be happy to stop by, I would love to get to see some of the guys donw there. I will e-mail you guys when I get settled in. The Rat:pimp: