PDA

View Full Version : Bad Barrel Back

Donzi Rose
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Here are some pics of our 1969 18 FT. Barrel Back. Couldn't resist a few extra pics of the back end with all the goodies resting there. There is a Bravo drive hanging off a juiced up Ford 302 engine. We are trying to keep it as original looking from waterline up. Then you open the hatch and WOW. My husband calls it a sleeper. Rose

Donzi Rose
11-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Can't seem to get the pics in. Any help would be appreciated. Rose

boxy
11-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Rose, email them to me, I'll try to help you out.

steveboxma@royallepage.ca

boxy
11-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Here they are Rose, sweet looking barrelback......

onesubdrvr
11-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Rose,

Nice looking boat!!

Some of us 'Floridians are getting together November 11/12 for a little Fun Run, check out this thread

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41927

Would love to see you guys there

Sam
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Rose, what kind of steering set up is that on the transom ?

Greg K
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Rose, what kind of steering set up is that on the transom ?
I think it's a Hynautic ram.

Donzi Rose
11-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Rose, what kind of steering set up is that on the transom ? That is a single hydraulic ram, that came from a dual setup. Just finishing up a few add ons. The hydraulic steering and the K-Planes. That ought to keep it in the water. Before those it could get a bit squirrelly. R

Donzi Rose
11-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Rose,

Nice looking boat!!

Some of us 'Floridians are getting together November 11/12 for a little Fun Run, check out this thread

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41927

Would love to see you guys there Wayne, Thanks for the invite. We would love to make it but we are in the antique business and we have a monthly show in atlanta that weekend. Any future events would be nice. Will watch for them. Rose and Tom

ITTLFLI
11-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey Donzi Rose!

Very nice ride! I noticed a Lazer Cam decal. How did you happen across him? I had one of his cams in my 502 and loved it!

Donzi Rose
11-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Donzi Rose!

Very nice ride! I noticed a Lazer Cam decal. How did you happen across him? I had one of his cams in my 502 and loved it!Will let Tom handle this one. We purchased the boat with all the goodies already inside. Just now finishing the hydraulic steering & the k-planes. I will say that the one time we have had this bad boy in the water, the brappity brap cam will definately hit a lick. The best I have ever heard. Some of the donzi enthusiast thought it sounded like someones souped up 502cu in Donzi. Not bad for a little ole 302. The previous owner had done quite a bit of racing and put the motor together. I still can't believe what he had in it $ wise. I am embarrassed to say what the horsepower output he said it was putting out, but it was awesome the one weekend we enjoyed it. Definately needed something to keep it in the water and also to keep the outdrive true with no wibble wobble. We bought the boat to finish it up and then? Thanks for the comments and also many thanks to Boxy for putting the pics up. Tom & Rose

gcarter
11-05-2005, 04:38 AM
Hi Tom and Rose!
It's about time you guys showed some pics of this thing!!! I like the add-ons.
It was good to see you guys at Sarasota.

Donzi Rose
11-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Hi Tom and Rose!
It's about time you guys showed some pics of this thing!!! I like the add-ons.
It was good to see you guys at Sarasota. I was wondering when you would notice the pics of ole BB. Was good to see ya'll too. Still haven't had our ride in that sweeeeeet Minx. Hopefully soon, Rose & Tom