PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate accident

donzi182003
11-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey guys , week before last I had a gentleman named Andy ( I dont feel like I have the right to disclose his last name) agree to buy my boat. We took a test drive and he was sold! We were supposed to do the title transfer on Monday but WILMA didnt allow. The reason im telling you this is because I was contacted by a member of the buyers family on Wednesday advising me that he was involved in a terrible car accident on that Tuesday and was bedridden in a hospital in very serious condition. Of course considering the circumstances he will not be able to take the boat. I just wanted to post this to remind everyone how one moment you can be looking forward to a 65 mph blast in your new Donzi and the next be in a hospital worried for your life. Keep this gentleman in your prayers, and be careful you all.

Ed

Mr X
11-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Hey guys , last week I had sold my boat.

OK? am I just stupid, of is there more to this story???

Carl C
11-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey guys , last week I had sold my boat. You sold your boat by accident?:confused:

donzi182003
11-01-2005, 08:14 PM
There was a screwup with the Aa icon on the side sorry.

Carl C
11-01-2005, 08:29 PM
You needn't remind me how fragile life is. The older you get the more people you see die. I live life to the fullest now. Get well soon, Andy!

BUIZILLA
11-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Ed, it seems to be a coincidence, BUT, there was a similar story over on OSO a few weeks back about a guy named Andy, and the same scenario happened there.... you might want to do a topic search there for more info. Once again, it may just be an unfortunate coincidence...

Jim

gcarter
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Hmmmm...
Last year I was looking for someone to build a windshield for my Minx when I heard about one that crashed in Seattle. Fortunately for me I was able to purchase almost all the unobtainable hardware I needed. Good for me!!
However the doner boats owner spent over 30 days in the hospital with a broken pelvis and two broken legs. He then also faced DUI charges...And reimbursing his insurance company for all their expences......
Is it really worth it to drink while your boating?

donzi182003
11-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Buizilla,
I did a search and wasnt able to find it. If you find it be sure to send me the link. He seemed like a pretty stand up guy and if Wilma hadnt come im 98% sure he would have had the boat. He wanted to take it on the day we drove it but time circumstances didnt allow it. Hope that its a coincidence????...

gcarter
11-02-2005, 05:44 AM
How did drinking come into the story here?
OOPS!
Did I hijack the thread?