PDA

View Full Version : prop change

joem
10-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi my name is joem. i have a 69 16 classic holman moody 302 volvo outdrive can any one tell me the model of the outdrive i think it,s a 250 no markings...Also is there any way a stainless prop can be installed..Can,t find any...Boat is beautiful completely restored top to bpttom.... jmmargi@localnet.com

mrfixxall
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
go to hill bronson propeller.com he makes a stainless prop for your boat call ed a thrasher that works well on your boat....he only cast's them in the winter time and in a order basis only.....just give him the pitch and diameter......

mrfixxall
10-31-2005, 05:28 PM
sorry its bronsonpropellers.com their phone#714-953-4307

mattyboy
11-01-2005, 07:35 AM
to id your volvo look right at the top of the upper housing there should be a serial number on a metal tag should be like pz XX 250 BXXXXX or something like That

the 250 B denotes model and drive ratio

as far as SS props I have a gone the route of a custom made one,a modified merc prop, an old round ear aluminum, and I found a Volvo ultra SS which is the best by far, Big Grizzly a member here also has an offering by solas some members have tried them but I don't recall the outcome maybe the will chime in
prop selection on a volvo 16 is very important to how the boat performs and handles

good luck post pics when you can

joem
11-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info. will give it a shot.....Also i,m new at the computer game would like to know how to send pics....Have a digital cam. and photo wizard setup.... joem.