PDA

View Full Version : What is Rep Power

txtaz
10-31-2005, 09:57 AM
What is the rep power number on the right hand side mean?
Da Taz

Marlin275
10-31-2005, 10:01 AM
I was just going to post the same question Wes, good work!
I looked all over the site to find the answer.

How do you get or lose this new power and what prop is best to get the most power from Rep?

txtaz
10-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Marlin, You got me beat by two on the rep power. Hymmmm must be reputation, I don't have much of that. :wavey:
Da Taz <--- Sitting at 3 rep power

Marlin275
10-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Mean Old Phil has the highest number I've seen @ 11 :biggrin:

txtaz
10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Mean Old Phil has the highest number I've seen @ 11 :biggrin:
CAN'T be reputation then....Ahahahahahaha, Sorry Phil I had to go there.
Da Taz running away and turning cell phone off.

MOP
10-31-2005, 02:04 PM
GeeeZuss! I thought you guys were super smart!

It simply means when you get to be an old fart you need to be told things many more times, its a failing memory thing can't remeber:toiletpap !

pmreed
10-31-2005, 02:07 PM
"reply" power?

txtaz
10-31-2005, 02:38 PM
OK, I went and looked it up. It is reputation power, a means to tell who is full of BS. In other words those who do not make frivilous posts such as "Nice post Dude" or obviously "Auction item #" since I only have a 3. BUT I have to admit, MOP does deserve the highest as he is one upstanding guy.

HEY DON!!!! We have the same score which means quite posting "grudge match this" or "grudge match that", "Scotch will take care of it", "Did he sobber up by Florida"....Ahahahaha

Ohhh wait, a point of contention....Who ever said higher was better????

I will offer an hyposthesis that the rep score to number of post ratio will show who is having the most fun.

Here's how it works....If one were to always take the time to answer the question to the utmost of ones ability, the rep score goes up and who's to say the ability is to the standards of the question asked. No moderators here. So the person slaves away at an answer and gets shot down on his score (or hers). NOW, if this said person were to just make fun of MOP or DonCig in a much shorter span of time their post/rep score would be higher and they would be a happier person.

So my posts are 1322 devided by a 3 is::::::: 440.67. So the higher score wins. Damn I spent too much time in school and drinking :beer:
I could of been a lawyer.

Da Professor Taz

Marlin275
10-31-2005, 10:22 PM
OK, I went and looked it up.

Where is it written?
I did a search and FAQ, no dice.

Formula Jr
10-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Oh well, Brownie and Mike Aronow should have started at 10,000 or something that said...."off the chart."

all these new fangled rating systems........

18FOOTER
11-01-2005, 08:51 AM
It means how many times you've lied. I'm only a 1....oops, now I must be a 2.:frown:

18FOOTER
11-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Harbormaster, are you gonna tell us what this is? I just went 0.:bawling:

txtaz
11-01-2005, 09:00 AM
It really is reputation power. Go to www.vbulletin.org and search for rep power.
Da Taz with a low rep power

TuxedoPk
11-01-2005, 09:12 AM
It's actually a feature Matty requested for our winter posts. Now if two members are debating a point they have the option to state, "My rep power is greater than yours. Respect my authority! :cartman:

txtaz
11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey Rich, You're a 3 also....Party on Dude!!! But keep in mind I'm your elder so you have to respect me when we butt heads. AND I have to respect DonCig as he is our elder.....Hehehehehe, these posts are doing absolutely nothing for my rep power points. Good thing I don't care. LOL
Da Taz going from a 3 to a 2 soon

gcarter
11-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey Rich, You're a 3 also....Party on Dude!!! But keep in mind I'm your elder so you have to respect me when we butt heads. AND I have to respect DonCig as he is our elder.....Hehehehehe, these posts are doing absolutely nothing for my rep power points. Good thing I don't care. LOL
Da Taz going from a 3 to a 2 soon
A certain board member from the far North suggested to me that my right wing political opinions determined mine!!!:idea:

Come on W!!!!:smile:

goatee
11-01-2005, 01:38 PM
i'm joking half the time and i got a 4. :jestera:
must be how long you've been around:anchor:
of course i can be serious about topics i DO know about.:beer:

TuxedoPk
11-01-2005, 04:02 PM
must be how long you've been around

You might be onto something. Harbormaster and Poodle both have 10s.

The only person older than old would be MOP with his 11. ;)

DonCig
11-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Foul Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hook! Hook! Hook! Hook! cried the "Lost Boys"

Ed Donnelly
11-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Age doesn't seem to be a factor, as George C and I are as old as Mosses(about the same age as Mop) yet we are way down on the Totem Pole.

Join date isn't it either as

Harbormaster 3-15-2000 RP 10
Madpoodle 3-17-2000 RP 10
Ed Donnelly 3-19-2000 RP 7
Mop 7-24-2001 RP 11

It isn't # of marriages(4) or # of kids combined(7)

It isn't # of posts.

It isn't intelligence as G.C. would be a 20 and I would be a 2

Just ran out of what it isn't...........Ed

pmreed
11-02-2005, 01:36 PM
It's a device intended to increase board traffic. Random numbers between 0 and 10 (I don't know how Mop got an 11?) are generated and assigned to all registry members. An immediate increase in messages results due to the discussion "what is it?" along with the long term effect by all new members initiating new "what is it? threads. Quite simple really once one puts one's thinking cap on!!:jestera:

Phil

MrsDigger
11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I was going to say...if they were scoring on right wing views, gcarter and I would be in the negative numbers!

hardcrab
11-03-2005, 05:39 PM
allright, i've been called worse than a 0 rep (hhmmmph) , but what is a "distinguished road" ?

my self esteem is at stake here :bawling: :toiletpap

DonziJon
11-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Actually: "Rep Power" is a "LIBERAL/CONSERVATIVE" Meter. It's pretty obvious which end is which. OR: You can look up in the right hand corner of anyones post and look for the little "Scales" Icon and vote. I think you can even vote for yourself. :smile:

Tony
11-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Yowser...mine went from six to zero in two days!
I guess that'll teach me to talk politics...I hope they don't find out where I live.:rolleyes:

Richard Rees
11-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I just wanted to post, just to see what my rep power number is,

Richard Rees
11-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Damn, Iam lower then Wes!

txtaz
11-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Damn, Iam lower then Wes!
"I ain't got no...reputation" Sung to the tune of the Rolling Stones song "Satisfaction" :bonk: :banghead: :wavey:
Da Taz<<<---Higher than Richard and no I don't smoke

DonziJon
11-04-2005, 09:57 AM
I just clicked on My Own little "Scales" Icon to see what I could see. Can't vote for yourself. Also can't vote for someone else if you have voted for them recently. However: It tells you what Your "Total" Rep Score is,.. And also tells you whether you got a "Positve" response from those who just read your post, (and voted) ...Or just broke even. Interesting. :cool:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-22-2005, 09:41 PM
This POST remains a mystery to me, even after scanning all of the replies.

Politics? On this board, most stay clear, some have no other motives but to voice - Oh, and Oprah will help Hilary R. C. be our next President if she officially endorses her, I would vote for Oprah first. Neither party has a good candidate.... Oh never mind... Is VA a Republican State? LOL

So, since I do not have enough hours in a day (my day) to read every post on the board... (HARBORMASTER, help me out..).. What does it all mean? I will be caught up on thread reading by March.

Glad to be back.
Winterized, and dreaming of SPRING in VA.
Bryan