PDA

View Full Version : No Avatars. logged on but can't post

DonziJon
10-29-2005, 10:18 AM
No ones Avatars are showing up. Just X boxes which lead you to the persons profile. I actually had to Log On this morning instead of the automatic Log On. Yesterday, Friday the 28th, I couldn't get to this site at all. A few minutes ago, my post just dissapears. Is something going on??? What's a mother to do??

EDIT: (11:56AM) :) Auto Log On now works and I can post. Still no Avatars.

Walt. H.
10-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Same here with me, no avatar.
I couldn't open the site at all on friday afternoon got some bad link saying on a mostly blank white page "error site doesn't exist", friday night I tried again and there it worked but I had to relog in when I realized I was just a visiting guest. boo-hoo!

I guess part of the system is down, maybe its just for the timely computer revamping changes that goes on here every now and then?

W.H

DonziJon
10-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Same here with me, no avatar.
I couldn't open the site at all on friday afternoon got some bad link saying on a mostly blank white page "error site doesn't exist", friday night I tried again and there it worked but I had to relog in when I realized I was just a visiting guest. boo-hoo!

I guess part of the system is down, maybe its just for the timely computer revamping changes that goes on here every now and then?

W.H

Thank God I wasn't alone. That's the same message I was getting yesterday. I KNEW it wasn't my computer because: "IT'S a DELL" :smile:

Walt. H.
10-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Thank God I wasn't alone. That's the same message I was getting yesterday. I KNEW it wasn't my computer because: "IT'S a DELL" :smile:

Yeah!

I felt the same way after reading your post, only because I did some house cleaning on my computer to rid it of spyware etc, that got in and I thought maybe I screwed something up?

pmreed
10-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Lighten up guys; the Harbormaster's been doing some work on the site. Everybody had to log in again. There'll be more changes and outages before it's over. Remember that the site is maintained by one, read one, person, who has a day job and a life outside of The Donzi Registry:biggrin.: .

Phil

MOP
10-29-2005, 05:00 PM
HERE HERE! And he is working with a lean budget, quite a few have helped but many just don't get it. We need more to "Anti Up" frig the free ride even $1 buck from the slackers would make one hell of a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M.O.P.:incredibl

Walt. H.
10-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Nothing to lighten up about pmreed, :chillpill

like I said "I guess part of the system is down, maybe because its just for the timely computer revamping changes that goes on here every now and then?"
But a forewarning would be good for those that haven't experience it before, or like me this time doing some computer cleansing just before everything goes blank.

harbormaster
10-30-2005, 05:42 PM
I paid Photopost for their newest version 49.00 and also paid them to 39.00 install it.

After they were finished, I did the upgrade which broke the board. So I had to pay Jelsoft 60.00 to complete the upgrade and fix the board. Afterwards I found that the avatars were not working. I fixed that today. I am also upgrading the arcade so they will work again. I also have a slew of enhancements that I am installing.

You know DonziJon, that you can always email me at scot@donzi.net and I can answer your questions about the board.

Carl C
11-01-2005, 06:28 PM
I can't post a new thread. It says my message is too short. What's up?:frown: I figured out that I must now change the editor mode before posting.

TOPSY II
11-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey Scott: Just a thought, is there ANY reason..legal or otherwise, why the Registry couldn't ask the membership to kick in $5.00- $10.00 annually to help out on maintaining the site, upgrades etc. The way I look at it, this is a terrific resource, ( being a fairly new Donzi owner..the boats not new, just me), I've learned a TON about just about anything you could want to learn about Donzi's. If we can afford the boats, I think we could afford to help keep the Registry up and running without you having to go in YOUR POCKET!

How Bout It guys/girls: Any thoughts... here's one to kick it off...Shirts and/or Ball Caps marked up by $5.00 a shot, with "The Donzi Registry" and a kick ass graphic...we all love That kind of stuff.

Best to All and Happy and Safe Boating!

Topsy II :propeller

harbormaster
11-04-2005, 07:28 AM
I am in talks with an advertising agency to help me with the creation and promotion of the board and board related items. I have created shirts and hats in the past but would end up sitting on bunch of them that would not sell. I would end up giving away alot of stuff.

txtaz
11-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Let's not forget that the "First Annual Donzi.net Auction" raised $3400 that went directly to the board from all the dedicated board members who donated and bought items.
It was a fun way for all to get items that were rare or just things they wanted.
Da Auction Meister Taz