PDA

View Full Version : QIV on the 22 classic

John W
10-29-2005, 09:09 AM
I have finally had the time and weather window to run my rig with the new Hydromotive Quad 4, 24pitch. Wow!!!, what a difference. the porposing is almost non existent. WOT 4800 gps speed 62KTS. Then my new tach took a dump. So the boat goes back in the shop, to have it fixed again. The mid range acceration was awesome, the only thing that I did find different was the slight prop, ie torque?, pull to the port at lower speeds.

I also switched the gps back to MPH and did a blast up the Severn River, the speed was 72.4, WOT was somewhere between 4800 and 7000 according to mytach.
All in all, this one worked right out of the box, I am very happy. I have to call Todd @hydro, give him the numbers and see what he suggests. I think He mentioned taking a little off the diameter, to increase the rpms a little. I think i would like to see closer to 5000.

RedDog
10-29-2005, 06:05 PM
sounds great - what power package are you running?

John W
10-29-2005, 08:43 PM
sounds great - what power package are you running?

2004 22 classic 496HO, bravo x outdrive, quad IV, 15.5X24

Pismo
11-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Do you have built in mufflers in your tail pipes?

John W
11-02-2005, 07:43 PM
I have the wifes choice swtichable exhaust, I think they are some sort of muffler in the husband mode, but sound greaaaat. Looking at them i think there are just a baffle inside the pipes.

I did talk to Todd at hydromotive, said my numbers were respectable , but he thinks the tach is off. I know the tach is bad and the boat is back hopefully for the fix it right this time.
Will post new nubers as soon as the boat is fixed and I have time to run her.