PDA

View Full Version : Mufflers

gcarter
10-28-2005, 10:03 AM
I have about 12" of space between the riser tips and the through transome exhaust tips. I was thinking about installing some fiberglass mufflers in this space just to take some of the bark out of the exhaust without changing the look of the transom, i.e. clamp on mufflers, etc.
Does anyone here have experience doing this on a performance boat?

CHACHI
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
I have about 12" of space between the riser tips and the through transome exhaust tips. I was thinking about installing some fiberglass mufflers in this space just to take some of the bark out of the exhaust without changing the look of the transom, i.e. clamp on mufflers, etc.
Does anyone here have experience doing this on a performance boat? George, are you saying that you have a performance boat?

smokediver
10-28-2005, 10:26 AM
george, i have a nice set of corsa mufflers that would do the trick . they have a crossover as well , making a big H . it is for a 4 inch setup . polished stainless steel ... i will let you steal them from me :) let me know ...

mrfixxall
10-28-2005, 10:26 AM
yes,it may knock down your rpm ........................................I thought all donzis were performance boats........

gold-n-rod
10-28-2005, 10:54 AM
I have some on my Mach. I found them in my Flat Earth Newsletter!!! :smash:

They're called Dapars. Easy to install and they do quiet things down. More info at:

http://www.marineexhaustmanifolds.com/mufflers.cfm

gcarter
10-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I thought all donzis were performance boats........
Even Medallions? :biggrin:

gcarter
10-28-2005, 02:02 PM
George, are you saying that you have a performance boat?
I guess. like everything else, you have to define these things...
It's definately faster than my brother-in-law's center console!!! :jestera: :checkered :cool:

CHACHI
10-28-2005, 02:05 PM
I guess. like everything else, you have to define these things...
It's definately faster than my brother-in-law's center console!!! :jestera: :checkered :cool:yep, mine's faster than my father in law's Grady.

gcarter
10-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Randy, I'm considering the philosopy of a concave earth!! :biggrin:
It would be easier to envision a world wide flood, or fire, or earthquake!!! :)
Also, it would make it more difficult to fall off the edge!

joseph m. hahnl
10-31-2005, 08:19 PM

They're called Dapars. Easy to install and they do quiet things down. More info at:

http://www.marineexhaustmanifolds.com/mufflers.cfm

Randy: what was the length you went with? Do they fit inside the rubber hose? Could you post some Pictures of them installed?

joe

MOP
10-31-2005, 08:40 PM
george, i have a nice set of corsa mufflers that would do the trick . they have a crossover as well , making a big H . it is for a 4 inch setup . polished stainless steel ... i will let you steal them from me :) let me know ...

Curious how long those are, they look super and would add some nice Bling to the engine bay.

Phil

gcarter
10-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Curious how long those are, they look super and would add some nice Bling to the engine bay.

Phil
Yep...
I'm waiting for some dimensions.

Cuda
10-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Damn George, first lusting for a bimini, and now with the muffler thing. You sure you don't want to trade up to a Searay??????????

:)

gcarter
11-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Damn George, first lusting for a bimini, and now with the muffler thing. You sure you don't want to trade up to a Searay??????????

:)
Nothing less than a Bayliner!!!:smile: :rlol: :D

smokediver
11-01-2005, 07:01 AM
Yep...
I'm waiting for some dimensions.
they're coming !!! been a little busy down here !!!!!!

gcarter
11-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Don't worry John, no pressure here.

need for speed
11-01-2005, 01:36 PM
John has been working tooo much!!!

gold-n-rod
11-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Randy: what was the length you went with? Do they fit inside the rubber hose? Could you post some Pictures of them installed?

joe

Joe: I'm going from memory here, but they were 12" (or so). I just cut the rubber exhaust hose, lubed them with dish soap and they slid right on. Added clamps and I was good to go.

Pics will take a while. It's a my up north house. I'll bring the digicam next time I go up.

gcarter
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Well folks, Smokedivers mufflers are too long for my boat. These would be a good deal for someone though.
I only have about 12" clearance.