PDA

View Full Version : Help re-locating a boat

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 08:59 PM
In a couple of weeks, I may need help moving a boat from Nashville, TN to Florida (the further south the better, but not all the way to Poodle's place!)

Anyway, I was hoping maybe a few members on the board can help leap-frog this boat from there to here. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Wayne

ChromeGorilla
10-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Let us know when and where's....... I will try to run a leg if I am available. maybe if we can get the boat close to me in upstate SC, I can haul to where I keep my boat off Exit 1 in GA (I-95). I still need to run down and pick up my boat and transport up here. It is secure storage and I could leave the boat where mine is and get you access to pick it up whenever you could make it up Wayne.... just a thought...

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Let us know when and where's....... I will try to run a leg if I am available.
There's one, Thanks Scott, hope all is going well in your "new" life!!

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
10-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Wayne I updated last post ....check it....

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Wayne I updated last post ....check it....
Sounds cool Scott,

BTW, your CD FINALLY (sorry :confused: ), went out today, should have it NLT Monday

Thanks again
Wayne

onesubdrvr
11-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Well, my deal has been made, my monies paid, it is now time for me to find a way to get my new boat to it's new home here in Florida :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: .

Origin point will be either Stanwood, MI, or Nashville, TN (depending on when it get's picked up)

Some help here would be great as I've had to use the majority of my remaining Vacation time this year to take care of the kids while the schools were shut down due to Wilma. :boggled:

I'm not sure when it can be in Nashville, but with minimal notice it can be picked up in MI pretty much any time.

So how bout it, how 'bout a little help? :crossfing

Thanks!!

p729lws
11-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Wayne,
Did I miss a post somewhere? What's the new ride going to be? Did you sell the rag?
Dan

onesubdrvr
11-08-2005, 06:42 AM
Wayne,
Did I miss a post somewhere? What's the new ride going to be? Did you sell the rag?
Dan
:biggrin.:
Haven't really posted anything much yet,......

1972 X-18 Blue Hull, Blue Sides, White Deck, Blue Stripe,....

Pictures to come when it finishes it's journey! :wink:

The Ragazza is for sale :frown: , she was a fun boat, I'll miss her!

Wayne

gcarter
11-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Wayne, I would have been glad to help, but I'm out of town for two weeks starting Friday.

gold-n-rod
11-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Stanwood is northwest of me about a couple of hours. I am in Lansing, MI. As you can see from the map, I am located near all the major north/south and east/west routes in and out of mid-Michigan.

I might be able to get it from Stanwood to someone in Michigan for the next leg south.

Let me know how I can help.

Brad Verd helped me out a lot this summer and I need to pass along the good deed.

Randy

onesubdrvr
11-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Stanwood is northwest of me about a couple of hours. I am in Lansing, MI. As you can see from the map, I am located near all the major north/south and east/west routes in and out of mid-Michigan.

I might be able to get it from Stanwood to someone in Michigan for the next leg south.

Let me know how I can help.

Brad Verd helped me out a lot this summer and I need to pass along the good deed.

Randy
Randy,

Thank you very much!!

We'll see how this comes together

Wayne

onesubdrvr
11-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Wayne, I would have been glad to help, but I'm out of town for two weeks starting Friday.
No problem Goerge, Thanks for the offer!!

Wayne

p729lws
11-08-2005, 01:50 PM
:biggrin.:
Haven't really posted anything much yet,......

1972 X-18 Blue Hull, Blue Sides, White Deck, Blue Stripe,....

Pictures to come when it finishes it's journey! :wink:

The Ragazza is for sale :frown: , she was a fun boat, I'll miss her!

Wayne

Wayne,
Nice choice on the X boat. We have 3 (that I know of) running in the Pensacola / Mobile area. Come to think of it Ben’s (Apollo24) is for sale and is allot closer than Michigan. I make a run to northern Ohio and back about once a year but don’t know when my next one will be. There’s a very small chance I’ll make a trip for Christmas or new years, if so I’ll let you know.
Dan

onesubdrvr
11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Wayne,
Nice choice on the X boat. We have 3 (that I know of) running in the Pensacola / Mobile area. Come to think of it Ben’s (Apollo24) is for sale and is allot closer than Michigan. I make a run to northern Ohio and back about once a year but don’t know when my next one will be. There’s a very small chance I’ll make a trip for Christmas or new years, if so I’ll let you know.
Dan
Dan, Thanks!!

I looked at Ben's boat (via pictures, and some extra ones he sent me) - nice looking boat, I liked it, but I really fell in love with this one. I remember when you sold your 18, I wanted it too, as I really like the yellow. The more boats I looked at, the more I was drawn to the 18's, and this X inparticular. This boat never went on the "open" market, and I just had to have it. This has been in the planning since I got my Ragazza on the water, and finally, as it SHOULD happen, the right boat found me!

Wayne

p729lws
11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Dan, Thanks!!

I looked at Ben's boat (via pictures, and some extra ones he sent me) - nice looking boat, I liked it, but I really fell in love with this one. I remember when you sold your 18, I wanted it too, as I really like the yellow. The more boats I looked at, the more I was drawn to the 18's, and this X inparticular. This boat never went on the "open" market, and I just had to have it. This has been in the planning since I got my Ragazza on the water, and finally, as it SHOULD happen, the right boat found me!

Wayne

Wayne,
You’ll love the 18. I was telling DavidO the other day that the 18 at 55 MPH put a bigger grin on my face than the 22 at 72 MPH. I need the 22 for the conditions on Pensacola bay but I’d love to have my old 18 parked next to it also. I’ve got two boats parked on my 70’ of the canal but I’d have to get some pointers from Cuda before came home with another….

Keep us posted on your progress.
Dan

onesubdrvr
11-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Here's a picture of the boat to try to get more response here gettin this baby home

Thanks everyone!
Wayne

onesubdrvr
11-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Wayne,
You’ll love the 18. I was telling DavidO the other day that the 18 at 55 MPH put a bigger grin on my face than the 22 at 72 MPH. I need the 22 for the conditions on Pensacola bay but I’d love to have my old 18 parked next to it also. I’ve got two boats parked on my 70’ of the canal but I’d have to get some pointers from Cuda before came home with another….
Keep us posted on your progress.
Dan
Dan,...

Well, I can get the boat to you in Ohio if you happen to make it up for Thanksgiving or Christmas, so please let me know if you run up there, that would be a GREAT help!!

Otherwise, anyone else that could help would be appreciated, I'd gladly cover expenses in your choice of methods, direct to you, or as a donation to the board. :crossfing

My seller needs his garage back, and I need my boat

Thanks everyone!! :crossfing
Wayne

18FOOTER
11-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Wayne, I can get the boat to anywhere in the midwest, if there's somebody heading to Florida from up here in snow country.:wavey:

onesubdrvr
11-17-2005, 02:34 PM
TTT anyone?

Bueller

Bueller

Bueller

Wayne

onesubdrvr
11-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Hell Yeah!!

My boat will be in Nashville on November 3rd, I can arrange a boat broker from there if I have too, but this is my last request to try to leap frog this beauty to her new home in Florida.

So, can anyone pick it up for a leg from Nashville on Dec 3rd or 4th?

Thanks!
Wayne

RedDog
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
If you could have it in Knoxville 12/2 instead of Nashville on 12/3, I could haul it to Atlanta on 12/3 - 12/4 - park it at 1 of the Atlanta crew to wait on the next leg.

I won't get to Nashville until New Years.

onesubdrvr
11-21-2005, 08:21 PM
If you could have it in Knoxville 12/2 instead of Nashville on 12/3, I could haul it to Atlanta on 12/3 - 12/4 - park it at 1 of the Atlanta crew to wait on the next leg.
Thanks RedDog,.... I appreciate that, but boat can't leave until the 2nd,......

Thanks for the offer, but we'll see if anyone else can help out, I really don't want to impose on the person's place in Nashville for storing it,...

Thanks a ton
Wayne

18FOOTER
11-22-2005, 08:29 AM
If I can get it to knoxville by Noon on 12/3 would that work for you RedDog? No promises yetm but maybe.:smash:

RickyR
11-22-2005, 05:55 PM
Wayne,
I may be able to bring it all the way to you mid December. I am looking at writing some business ( AFLAC) in WPB. Not sure about anything yet, but if it happens I can bring it from Charleston.
I will let you know as soon as I know...
Ricky...seeya...

RedDog
11-22-2005, 10:33 PM
If I can get it to knoxville by Noon on 12/3 would that work for you RedDog? No promises yet but maybe.:smash:
Wayne had the same question in an email - I have to leave no later than 6:00AM on 12/3 - I am carrying my son (and likely other team members) to Atlanta for a Saturday morning soccer tournament game...

onesubdrvr
11-30-2005, 08:13 PM
First I'd like to thank everyone for the response so far,....

As of 12/3, the Boat will be in Nashville for a pretty short stay,.....say oh about 12 hours,....

As of the evening of 12/3 the boat will be in Lawrenceville Ga. - Thanks to Sweet 16 1966

So, getting closer, any takers from Lawrenceville to closer to FL?

Thanks Y'all

Wayne

sweet 16 1966
12-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Wayne, You may want to take Ricky up on his offer. Not sure how close he is coming to Atl.
Ricky, good to hear you are still out there!

onesubdrvr
12-02-2005, 10:46 PM
Wayne, You may want to take Ricky up on his offer. Not sure how close he is coming to Atl.
Ricky, good to hear you are still out there!
Yup, that will probably be the best bet, I'll drop him a line

Russ, thanks again for your help with this,.....

And just think, if I can coordinate with Ricky, that'll be almost 1/2 of the angel aid crew from last year that will have touched the boat,....maybe I can talk CG into getting in on it too!

Wayne

RickyR
12-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, I'm still here. I am still unsure if/when I am going south, but if we go, it will be sometime during the week of the 12th, or the following week.
We are waiting on the HR director's decision. It is best for me the third week, but the client makes the call....
I'll let you know as soon as I get the "nod"

Ricky...seeya...

ChromeGorilla
12-04-2005, 06:37 AM
OK next weekend 12/10 I may be able to get boat to Charleston for you. Russ, how far is it for you to Hartwell where 85 crosses it?

18FOOTER
12-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Is it in Atlanta now?

Cuda
12-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Wayne, if you get it as far as Jacksonville, I'll be making that Jax to Deland/Daytona run a lot the next couple weeks.

sweet 16 1966
12-04-2005, 10:55 AM
OK. my part is completed. Wayne now has a Donzi located outside Atlanta is Lawrenceville Ga. Its getting closer to its home!

Cuda
12-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Wayne, I couldn't stand it being that close. You should haul ass on Friday after work, hook up, and bring her home on Saturday.

Lenny
12-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Wayne, is that EVER nice :yes: Nope, definately not a Regazza ;)

That should bring you some good fun. Best of Luck with it. Soon we will know where they all are :D

onesubdrvr
12-04-2005, 03:07 PM
First,

Thank you thank you thank you to Russ, for taking over 8 hours out of his day to go pick up my boat in Nashville.

Second of all, I am getting very excited Joe, unfortunately, next weekend would be a BAD time for me to go and get a boat - christmas parties and all :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can't wait, it'll be a sweet christmas in PSL this year!!

Joe, I'll keep that Jax thing in mind, that may work out pretty darn good, I'm waiting to see what CG and maybe RickyR can do,....

Thanks again everyone, she will have a good home here

Wayne

RickyR
12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
First,
Thank you thank you thank you to Russ, for taking over 8 hours out of his day to go pick up my boat in Nashville.
Second of all, I am getting very excited Joe, unfortunately, next weekend would be a BAD time for me to go and get a boat - christmas parties and all :rolleyes:
Anyway, I can't wait, it'll be a sweet christmas in PSL this year!!
Joe, I'll keep that Jax thing in mind, that may work out pretty darn good, I'm waiting to see what CG and maybe RickyR can do,....
Thanks again everyone, she will have a good home here
Wayne

Wayne,
We got the "go ahead", but not exactly sure of the date. It will be sometime next week, or the week before christmas.
Any chance someone (insert CG) can bring the boat to Charleston this weekend??????
Or By Monday of next week? This way the boat will be here waiting for the hopefully last leg of the trip..
Ricky...seeya...

onesubdrvr
12-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Wayne,
We got the "go ahead", but not exactly sure of the date. It will be sometime next week, or the week before christmas.
Any chance someone (insert CG) can bring the boat to Charleston this weekend??????
Or By Monday of next week? This way the boat will be here waiting for the hopefully last leg of the trip..
Ricky...seeya...
Well, I'm sure CG will be on a little later tonight,....if not, there is one more person on the board,...a little bit of a speed junkie, donzi's, flatbottems and all,.... anyway, he lives in Macon, GA, he may be able to lend a little hand too :wink:

Talk to y'all soon,... it's getting closer!
Wayne

onesubdrvr
12-11-2005, 07:00 PM
OK Fella's

Looking good, Ricky will be making a trip down here in the next week or so on business and can get the boat to me!!

But, need a little more help here,....almost done,...

I could use some help from maybe Chrome, or Last Real Texan (or anyone else in the area), to either pick - up, or meet Russ with my boat, and hook up with Ricky in or near Charleston before he makes a run down here,...

2 more legs and it's all done, bottom of the 9th, 2 out, down by 3 bases loaded kinda here, 4th and goal, :01 left on the clock, down by 5,... etc. etc.

You know, gettin down to the short & curly's

The South Florida Contigent of the SEADOGS are fixin' to help me with the small things that need to get done on this boat too!! MAN AM I GETTING EXCITED!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!
Wayne

RickyR
12-12-2005, 05:05 PM
OK Fella's
Looking good, Ricky will be making a trip down here in the next week or so on business and can get the boat to me!!
But, need a little more help here,....almost done,...
I could use some help from maybe Chrome, or Last Real Texan (or anyone else in the area), to either pick - up, or meet Russ with my boat, and hook up with Ricky in or near Charleston before he makes a run down here,...
2 more legs and it's all done, bottom of the 9th, 2 out, down by 3 bases loaded kinda here, 4th and goal, :01 left on the clock, down by 5,... etc. etc.
You know, gettin down to the short & curly's
The South Florida Contigent of the SEADOGS are fixin' to help me with the small things that need to get done on this boat too!! MAN AM I GETTING EXCITED!!
THANKS EVERYONE!!
Wayne

Wayne,
Sorry for the bad news, but I have to go down this Wednesday. I'd like to have had the boat this past weekend, for the possibility of my having to run down early, but no one came forth.
If they get it here tomorrow, I'll still bring it down..

Ricky...seeya...

sweet 16 1966
12-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Ricky, Hope all is going well with you. Too bad your travels do not carry you through Atl. Or if you were to go one day later, maybe I could meet you somewhere. Anyway, Wayne, we will work something out. My truck is being reupholstered-seats. I also have some time coming up to be off.
You pay the gas and if I can work something out, who knows!.

Need to try out the trans work I had done and dont like! If it fails, he has to come and get me!! If its going to fail, the sooner the better. May need to plan this when my compamy trucks are running through the area if I get stranded. Sounds like I have no faith in the 700R4 huh!

onesubdrvr
12-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Wayne,
Sorry for the bad news, but I have to go down this Wednesday. I'd like to have had the boat this past weekend, for the possibility of my having to run down early, but no one came forth.
If they get it here tomorrow, I'll still bring it down..
Ricky...seeya...
Ricky,

No problem, that's how thing work out sometimes, timing is everything, and the hardest thing to work out!

Thanks anywho!
Wayne

ps, looking forward to seeing you guys again in April

onesubdrvr
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Ricky, Hope all is going well with you. Too bad your travels do not carry you through Atl. Or if you were to go one day later, maybe I could meet you somewhere. Anyway, Wayne, we will work something out. My truck is being reupholstered-seats. I also have some time coming up to be off.
You pay the gas and if I can work something out, who knows!.
Need to try out the trans work I had done and dont like! If it fails, he has to come and get me!! If its going to fail, the sooner the better. May need to plan this when my compamy trucks are running through the area if I get stranded. Sounds like I have no faith in the 700R4 huh!
Well Russ, I'll be in touch,

I'll give a couple of the guys a quick e-mail, and see what we can't get done.

I got your seat on Friday,......it's yellow, but all is solid, upholstry is in pretty good shape, I'll shoot some pics tomorrow when the sun is back up. Has the pedestal and all too.

It sucks to have any reservations about engine / tranny work of any kind, I hate wondering "when" something is going to happen.

I'll be in touch soon!

Thanks
Wayne