PDA

View Full Version : 2006 SEADOGs semi-official Calendar of Events

Last Tango
10-26-2005, 08:09 PM
A semi-official listing of the major events that the SouthEast Area Donzi Owners Group (SEADOGs) generally attend each year. You will see there is plenty of room in the schedule for more events, but generally these are the biggies.

January 1st - Each year the SEADOGS take this special day to prove that the boating year begins on DAY ONE of the calandar by boating in their home waters and then pissing off the folks up north with pictures.
February 17-19: Madpoodle kicks the events calendar year off every February by hosting the SEADOGS at the Miami Boat Show
March 24-26: TidBart leads the gang each March to the Mt. Dora Wooden Boat Show. LUNCH STOP SATURDAY - THE CRAZY GATOR
April 5-7: SEADOGs RTB at Porkey's Landing
May 18-21: Bolts from the MidWest Donzi's hosts one of the largest Donzi gatherings each year at AOTH in Cumberland, KY.
July 7-8: Last Tango hosts the SEADOGS along with all other DONZI owners at the Angel Aid Poker Run in Jacksonville
Labor Day Weekend, September 1-4: Forrest hosts at Lake Eufaula. The oldest and proudest Donzi Gathering in the South East. Eufaula VIII will be held from Saturday, September 2, 2006 through Monday September 4, 2006, with almost everyone arriving in the afternoon or evening of Friday, September, 1, 2006 and leaving Monday, September 4, 2006. Lakepoint State Park and Resort. http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18
September 29 - October 1: Mike Miller hosts the one and only best Donzi event of the year in Sarasota at the Donzi Hometown Gathering, which is supported in many ways by the Donzi Factory.
November 17-19: Last Tango fullfills his duty as Supreme SEADOG by scheduling the annual "Return to Home Waters" event somewhere on the St. Johns River. In 2006 we will be doing this event at Crystal Cove Marina and Resort. www.themooringsatcrystalcove.com

Forrest
01-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Labor Day Weekend: Eufaula. The oldest and proudest Donzi Gathering in the South East.

You 'betcha, Mark! We're planning on hosting the biggest and best Lake Eufaula Donzi gathering over the upcoming Labor Day weekend yet. Details will be posted after AOTH.

MikeMiller
01-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Nice job on the calendar, Mark!

Great events - one and all. Really looking forward to popping into a few unannounced and enjoying the friendship that only family can bring.

We are all SEADOGs in our hearts - no matter where we live!!

Cuda
02-25-2006, 07:34 PM
What town is nearest to the Eufala event?

Greg K
02-26-2006, 09:56 AM
couple of small ones..A Map (http://mappoint.msn.com/(gc51sd55sdmm54553bqdqery)/map.aspx?L=USA&C=31.89428%2c-85.14583&A=41.56667&P=|291B|&TI=Eufaula%2c+Alabama%2c+United+States)

Last Tango
02-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Depending on which "end" of the lake we stay at this year (this is always a well kept secret by Forrest until he gets around to making the reservations) we generally stay as a group at one of the two State-owned parks. Each has a very nice hotel facility, all-day dining, ample parking, nice rooms, affordable prices, and easy access to the launch ramp.

Cuda
02-26-2006, 10:53 AM
I was wanting to get an idea how far it is to Eufala. To Eufala, Alabama is about 350 miles from here. Not bad, where we stayed south of Miami was 305 miles.

Forrest
02-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Most everyone seems to to like Lakepoint State Park and Resort (http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=18) which is located about ten miles north of Eufaula, Alabama on US 431. The other option is Bagby State Park (http://gastateparks.org/info/georgetb/), located at the south end (wide part) of the lake on the Georgia side on GA 39 just north of Fort Gaines, Georiga. Bagby has newer rooms, but a much smaller parking lot than at Lakepoint. It gets a little tricky parking boats at Bagby, where as you will find plenty of well lit space in front of the rooms at Lakepoint. Also, as of this writing, Lakepoint's rooms are under (much needed) renovation, and if they are done by Labor Day weekend, then it will be a no brainer in favor of Lakepoint. Feel free to make your reservation now, as you can cancel up to the last day without a penalty.

Eufaula VIII will be held from Saturday, September 2, 2006 through Monday September 4, 2006, with most everyone arriving in the afternoon or evening of Friday, September, 1, 2006 and leaving Monday September 4, 2006.

Details of Eufaula VIII will be posted in a sticky after AOTH 2006 is concluded.

Last Tango
05-04-2006, 08:45 AM
Calendar update

Last Tango
09-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Updates to the Crystal Cove event will be posted after the Hometown Gathering.

Cuda
09-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Updates to the Crystal Cove event will be posted after the Hometown Gathering.
Crystal Cove???:confused:

Last Tango
09-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Cuda,
Look at the calendar... November... I even put a link in there, just for you. It has been up there for months. But, I know you are sick as a dog this weekend and the drugs are probably doing you in.
Mark

pressure drop
09-09-2006, 08:46 PM
This is located in palatka correct!:confused:

Cuda
09-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Cuda,
Look at the calendar... November... I even put a link in there, just for you. It has been up there for months. But, I know you are sick as a dog this weekend and the drugs are probably doing you in.
Mark
I saw that after I posted. Where is it in relation to the Quality Inn on the river? I stayed there last weekend.

Last Tango
09-10-2006, 12:23 PM
About two miles north of the Palatka bridge, by car or by boat.

Last Tango
11-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't miss the upcoming event. Weather looksw perfect for the weekend, so far.