PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Fastest Ragazza

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Is now for sale,......

The deck has some soft spots around the ski locker, and back seat, I'd thought about re-decking, but I don't have time or space to do a project right now. Would not be a hard job to do, and boat is usable as is, but I would do this next off-season. Also, while doing that, I would install (re-install) false floors in the storage lockers in the bow - they were rotted away long ago (before I got the boat), there would be a couple of ways to do this, once again not real hard, just don't have the time or space to do it.

Mechanically, don't get much more sound,....

Engine: Rebuilt 4/05 as follows
Chevy 350
Oil Pump - Melling HVHP
Crank - Stock
Rods - SCAT I-Beam w/ ARP WaveLoc Bolts
Pistons - SpeedPro flat top hypereutectic
Rings - Moly
Camshaft - SpeedPro CS1080R Hydraulic Roller Cam
Specs are as follows: Advertised duration int/exh 288/284
Duration @ .050 int/exh 210/215
Intake vale lift .462
Exhaust valve lift .470
Lobe seperation 110 degrees
Operating Range 1500-5000 RPM
Lifters - SpeedPro HT-2418 Hydraulic Roller Lifters
Rockers - CompCams Roller Rockers (1.52)
Heads - GM Vortec Cast Iron - spring and spring retainers replaced only
Intake - Edelbrock Performer (aluminum)
Carb - Edelbrock Performer Marine 600cfm
Fuel Pump - Holley Marine
Ignition - Pertronix Ignitor II, complete assy
Coil - Pertronix Blaster II
Wires - Accell 8.8mm
Timing Chain - Cloyes True Roller

New GLM manifolds and SS Mercruiser risers when engine rebuilt, custom side exit exhaust.

Outdrive replaced 08/05 with a rebuilt Cobra, 1.43:1 ratio.

Interior needs a little work, bow cushions being re-upholstered as we speak, rear bench could be replaced or redone, but is usable and not disgusting by any means. Boat has a 2 + 4 setup - new Garelick swivel's up front with new buckets, a little mildew as when I had the boat detailed, they managed to SOAK the seats, but most of it has come out, and I'm sure the rest will with a little elbow grease. Wide bench across the back was made from the original back to back seats, so the vinyl needs work, but is comfortable and stylish. Boat also seats 2 - 3 in the bow area. Also, working on getting new locker access panels - they were missing, and I just cut some plywood for them. I suspect I'll cut new from Starboard or other such material.

As far as hull cosmetics, there is some chips on the hull in the area of the eye that the wench strap attaches to. I had (has been replaced) a rusty bolt for the roller, and the roller came off during the tow home. I also have a gel touch up kit that will come with it, very little else wrong with anything else.

When the new engine was put in, the stringers were drilled for the new motor mount locations, and were found to be solid.

Through hull exhaust, side exit tip

This is a sharp, good running boat, and although not a classic, it can seat 8 pretty darn comfortably, with a cooler.

Performance:
GPS'd at 61mph with a 22" Turbo 1, with 450lbs of peoples, and a full tank of fuel (approx 45 gals.), may be a little more there with some carb. tuning, prop testing, etc. I imagine, just driver and 1/2 tank of fuel would get you 63. This prop will not come with the boat as it doesn't allow the engine to get above 4500 rpm, a 21p SS Viper will instead - I ran this prop with the old drive, and it's a good running prop in good shape, just don't know what performance will be with the new drive, hoping to test soon.

see videos http://www.zippyvideos.com/8301293622231806/1111_028/*cuda and http://media.putfile.com/wayne76

Pictures shown are recent. Also, comes with dual axel steel trailer - a custom Fulton. And a new (although a cheapy) boat cover. Trailer is in fair condition, but could use a little wire tidy-up, and (2) new tires. I put about 1500 miles on this trailer this year with no problems.

Asking price $8000.00 OBO. with this power plant, $4000.00 with out power, - it's got to go pretty soon, so let's talk!

Boat is located in South Florida

Momma doesn't particularly care for this boat as it's too loud and too fast for a family boat, so as many of you know, I've bought an X-18 to fulfill my wants, and am looking for a pontoon or deck boat as a family boat. I will consider partial or full trade for a pontoon / deck boat that is turn key.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
11-20-2005, 03:30 PM
TTT, making room for my X-18! Posted some more pictures.

Also, have most all receipts from the time I purchased the boat on. Let's talk!

772-215-9162 Cell

onesubdrvr
12-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Well,

I've decided I REALLY want to keep the engine, but regardless, the drive will stay with the boat, so,....

$8,000.00 with the 365hp roller engine

$4,000.00 OBO without power, but I'll throw in the below engine which will have all the parts to get a short block or long block running. Heads, intake, Holley carb, etc.

Also, I'll have a ChrisCraft 320 engine (I believe an LT-1 marinized), available, but, THE BLOCK IS CRACKED - if you want to throw offers for this, let me know. I believe the only block crack is about 3" and external only, but, NO WARRANTY, and I'm not saying that that's all that is wrong with it, but all I know about. It does run and good at that. Also, a crack in the Stbd Valve cover.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
01-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Well, Christmas is over, boat could use a new home,

I guess I'm gonna have to go boat trader / E-Bay route :confused:

Wayne

ledfoot
01-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Cool boat, I think we need a title fight for 21' bowriders! I thought we were the only ones to invest this much time & energy into having a fast family boat. My dad and a friend did this conversion in the mid 90's, we have clocked 64mph and our finest hour was beating a 22' 2+3 head to head. These boats run great at that speed, with no funny chine walking or performance problems. The Ragazza is a good hull.

Here's ours, a little worse for wear.
http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=1114242102

Good luck selling!
-Jeff

onesubdrvr
01-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Cool boat, I think we need a title fight for 21' bowriders! I thought we were the only ones to invest this much time & energy into having a fast family boat. My dad and a friend did this conversion in the mid 90's, we have clocked 64mph and our finest hour was beating a 22' 2+3 head to head. These boats run great at that speed, with no funny chine walking or performance problems. The Ragazza is a good hull.
Here's ours, a little worse for wear.
http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=1114242102
Good luck selling!
-Jeff
Could be an interesting title run,.... I ran 61gps 3/4 fuel, 4 on board,.... Are you in California or Sarasota?

I loved the boat, but I wanted to downsize to something that would fit in the garage, so I bought an X-18. The boat does run GREAT at 60, no chine walk, no porpoise, nothing, but it can really beats the snot out of you in a 2-3' chop with confused water, but I guess pretty much the same for any mid-v boat like this. I think it's an excellent lake boat!!

If you're looking for a twin, here's your boat, if not, pass it on, it really needs to get gone pretty soon, when momma aint happy, aint noone happy.

Wayne

mikev
01-14-2006, 10:51 AM
I cant wait to put a built 350 in my regazza either it runs great with the hopped up v6 runs about 50. With mine only being a 19 instead of a 21 I am hoping to be in the upper 60's been planning for a couple of years but divorce last year killed the budget but hopefully soon. question fof you guys can you post pictures of how you did your motor mounts for the 350 since its 3 inches further forward it wont sit on the little platform Donzi had the v6 mounts sitting on. thanks guys.

onesubdrvr
01-14-2006, 11:04 AM
I cant wait to put a built 350 in my regazza either it runs great with the hopped up v6 runs about 50. With mine only being a 19 instead of a 21 I am hoping to be in the upper 60's been planning for a couple of years but divorce last year killed the budget but hopefully soon. question fof you guys can you post pictures of how you did your motor mounts for the 350 since its 3 inches further forward it wont sit on the little platform Donzi had the v6 mounts sitting on. thanks guys.
Mike,

What I did was draw a straight line at the top of those platforms forward. Then after I got everything mounted up to the engine, using the hoist, I lowered it until the pads that the mounts are on were level with the line I drew, put the bolts on the aft mounts, mark the holes for the pads, yeah it's hard to reach, but you can do it. Drill new holes, install the pads, make sure you seal the bolts for the pad better than donzi did. I used silicon all around the bolts, so that the washers squeezed it out when tightening. I also ran a good bead of silicon all the way around the mount where it sealed against the stringer. Also, make sure you glass in / over the old holes.

Now, to be in the upper 60's your going to need 400 +/- hp to the prop. your boat isn't that much lighter than mine, and I'm at probably 340 to the prop and am JUST at 61 (full fuel, 3 kids and my lardy rear end on board). But, it does handle very nice at that speed, the 19 might be a little different though.

What are you going to do for exhaust? Does the 19 have a molded in swim platform? if so, you are probably going to have to go through hull via the sides like I did,...sound tough, but louder than my 18.

Don't have any picture of how I did it though, sorry. Feel free to ask any questions or give me a call BEFORE you start!! After may be too late!!

Wayne

mikev
01-14-2006, 11:42 AM
thanks Wayne the problem i have is the pad does not go far enough forward on mine the front bolt would hit air and the back bolt would be right at the edge of the pad so I have to extend the pad or do L brackets off the stringers. probably a next winter project no cash this winter and i will proabably just go through the prop for exhaust to start since i do have the swim platform like you and if i want a little more add side exhaust later. thanks again.

Cuda
01-14-2006, 11:43 AM
I just saw a Ragazza when I was coming back from the hardware store. Are everyone of them yellow and gray? :)

mikev
01-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I just saw a Ragazza when I was coming back from the hardware store. Are everyone of them yellow and gray? :) Nope mine is red with red gray and black interior. The red on my hull is a custom 3 part burgandy metalic color paint the owner before me had sprayed.

onesubdrvr
01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
BUMP,...

am open to negotiations / ideas

Wayne

onesubdrvr
02-03-2006, 03:13 AM
Reduced price,....

a little

Thanks for looking!
Wayne

onesubdrvr
02-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Just thought that I'd add,

Will consider trade for Pontoon boat or Deck boat

If momma ain't happy, aint no-one happy
Wayne

onesubdrvr
02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Spring time price drop, $8k powered, $4k sans power

onesubdrvr
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Last price drop before I part out

$7500.00 complete, $3500.00 Hull, drive, and trailer only. - gots to get me one of dem dere family "cruisn'" boats.

Thanks y'all
Wayne

smckiern
03-12-2006, 07:23 AM
hi, i bought a 21 regazza 3 years ago. it's a great little boat, handles rough water very well for a 21', has run well for me thus far and is a lot of fun just to scoot around in. i'll mention your ad to some friends i know are boat shopping.

since i've already got one, i'm not looking to buy yours. however, i was wondering if you could tell me what the capacity plate on your boat says (e.g., total weight capacity, estimated person capacity, etc.). the capacity plate on my boat was missing when i bought it. any assistance would be appreciated.

i'm also planning to re-work or replace the engine in a couple years (it's all original from 1989, no idea how many hrs on it). how did you go about doing all that work on yours? are you mechanically inclined (i'm not) or did you just shop around marina's until you found someone who could do all that work?

any insights you might have are appreciated.

thanks,
sean

onesubdrvr
03-12-2006, 09:03 AM
hi, i bought a 21 regazza 3 years ago. it's a great little boat, handles rough water very well for a 21', has run well for me thus far and is a lot of fun just to scoot around in. i'll mention your ad to some friends i know are boat shopping.
since i've already got one, i'm not looking to buy yours. however, i was wondering if you could tell me what the capacity plate on your boat says (e.g., total weight capacity, estimated person capacity, etc.). the capacity plate on my boat was missing when i bought it. any assistance would be appreciated.
i'm also planning to re-work or replace the engine in a couple years (it's all original from 1989, no idea how many hrs on it). how did you go about doing all that work on yours? are you mechanically inclined (i'm not) or did you just shop around marina's until you found someone who could do all that work?
any insights you might have are appreciated.
thanks,
sean
Sean,

Thanks for passing it on, I appreciate it.

As far as the capacity plate, mine is missing as well, but I think I read somewhere once 8 people,.... let me see if I can find the link,....
well, couldn't find the link,.... Sorry.

As far as the engine, depends on what you want to spend. I did all my work myself (except for the machine work on the block). If your going to pay someone to do it, it's going to get REAL expensive. I have over $4k in my engine alone, and I did most of the labor. If your going to do that, pick a crate engine, and have it done. I'll e-mail ya a little more later.

Thanks again for passing it on,
Wayne

smckiern
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
wayne,

thanks for the reply. pardon my ignorance, but what is a "crate engine"? the original i've got is an omc, 5.7 liter (chevy block). per my speedometer, i can get her to about 43, but i may have had too steep a pitch on the prop last summer, will try a different prop this year and see if it gets a little faster (can tell the rpms, tach needs to be replaced). when i repower or replace, i'd like to do so as cheaply as possible but love the thought of getting her near that 61 mph you mentioned...must be a blast!!! anyway, i thought omc went out of business so wasn't sure i'd be able to replace w/ an omc. if not, i thought i'd need to replace the outdrive (which was rebuilt the year before i bought it and seems to be in excellent condition), and that would obviously add more cost. so anyway, what is a crate engine? can i get a 5.7 liter omc (or something that'll fit my outdrive) and puts out 300+ hp? i'd love to find that. insights appreciated.

sean

onesubdrvr
03-12-2006, 06:35 PM
wayne,
thanks for the reply. pardon my ignorance, but what is a "crate engine"? the original i've got is an omc, 5.7 liter (chevy block). per my speedometer, i can get her to about 43, but i may have had too steep a pitch on the prop last summer, will try a different prop this year and see if it gets a little faster (can tell the rpms, tach needs to be replaced). when i repower or replace, i'd like to do so as cheaply as possible but love the thought of getting her near that 61 mph you mentioned...must be a blast!!! anyway, i thought omc went out of business so wasn't sure i'd be able to replace w/ an omc. if not, i thought i'd need to replace the outdrive (which was rebuilt the year before i bought it and seems to be in excellent condition), and that would obviously add more cost. so anyway, what is a crate engine? can i get a 5.7 liter omc (or something that'll fit my outdrive) and puts out 300+ hp? i'd love to find that. insights appreciated.
sean
Don't need to replace the drive. You can just replace the engine. A Crate engine is one already assembled, ready to go. Many different people make 'em. I'd start a thread in the "performance" section to get a better idea of where to get one for the best $$. All that matters is that it's a small block Chevy that has been marinized.

I don't think your gonna get to 60 much cheaper than I did, 5K when all was said and done (engine and through hull exhaust).

Anyway, I'll keep in touch, give me a shout when you get closer.

Wayne

Igotogo
03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Have you sold it? Are you selling it with the High performance engine? How big a vehiclewould I need to pull it. I don't mind some cosmetic work, but I want to ski, is the engine sound?

onesubdrvr
03-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Have you sold it? Are you selling it with the High performance engine? How big a vehiclewould I need to pull it. I don't mind some cosmetic work, but I want to ski, is the engine sound?
Boat is still for sale, currently listed on E-Bay.

Being sold with the HP engine (if it sells this go-round on E-Bay)

I tow using a Dodge Durango - which has plenty of ass, so any 1500, 150 series truck should be OK. It weighs about 4000lbs. The engine is sound, <100 hours since rebuild, and still growls!

To ski, you will want to change the prop to a 4 blade, probably a 19 pitch.

Best of luck, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Wayne

DAULEY
03-23-2006, 10:32 AM
looks like its sold congrats:beer:

onesubdrvr
03-23-2006, 07:12 PM
looks like its sold congrats:beer:
Thanks!!

Unfortunately I've heard too many buyer no pay stories,.....

So I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I dare say that if the winning bidder doesn't pay, one of the other people that have contacted me would.

UNFORTUNATELY,.... I saw another boat I wanted today, one I've passed up on before, was sold, and is for sale again, but it's not exactly what I was looking to replace the Ragazza with :confused:

AGGGGHHH, Boats!!

Wayne

DAULEY
03-23-2006, 07:22 PM
good luck you will find something that will make momma and you both happy

onesubdrvr
04-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Just because someone has a good E-Bay rating, doesn't mean they are a good E-Bayer,.....

Boat is still available, $7500.00

The person I feel bad for is the loosing bidder, they were looking at my boat, then lost, now they have a $3k bid on an 80's bayliner with a 4.3l engine, that needs work, rubrail has fallen off, hull is pretty badly faded, etc. and no trailer. Unfortunately, I don't see there being a higher bidder, but if there is, they will likely take the second chance offer I sent them.

Thanks!
Wayne

onesubdrvr
04-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Well,

after over 2 weeks of trying to "negotiate" with the winning bidder, I've relisted the boat

Check first post for updates

No reserve price of $7500, buy it now of $9500,

Maybe Cuda's video will be good advertisement, if so Joe, drinks are on me!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
04-24-2006, 08:56 PM
SOLD

To a nice young couple from Naples, so you folks over there keep your eyes open, and make
sure they are taking good care of my girl!!
Wayne

need for speed
05-28-2006, 04:28 PM
Smokediver and I saw her today going by the beach.... she looked good!!:hyper:

onesubdrvr
05-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Smokediver and I saw her today going by the beach.... she looked good!!:hyper:
COOL!!

Was she running? or sitting still?

Wayne

need for speed
05-28-2006, 06:22 PM
running... slow by the beach... :yes:

Skipper03
05-18-2009, 10:31 AM
I just bought an 89 21' donzi.

Are your exhaust outlets custom??

Also how can i get quick and cheap HP to the stock 6 cyl engine?

onesubdrvr
05-19-2009, 06:33 AM
I just bought an 89 21' donzi.

Are your exhaust outlets custom??

Also how can i get quick and cheap HP to the stock 6 cyl engine?

The tips themselves aren't custom, but I don't remember where I got them lol,... But I installed them myself, and have never seen a ragazza with standard side exhaust.

As far as quick and cheap HP, that's kind of an oxymoron.

That boat is best suited with the V6 with the standard engine. I spent about 5k on my engine (the V-8), and there really isn't a cheap and fast HP gain. The V-6 has little offered in performance upgrades for marine, and if you really want to do it (again, not recommended), the first step would be to swap to a v-8.

Enjoy the boat how it is,... trust me, you will enjoy it more :)

Wayne