PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to sell a boat

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm getting ready to put the Ragazza up on the market, and am just wondering everyone's opinion as to where the best place to sell a boat is, and any good / bad experiences with them

Thanks
Wayne

Woodsy
10-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Wayne...

Get in touch with MOP.... he will put the boat up on a bunch of the websites and does it for a very nominal fee. He handles all the calls etc. I have had pretty good luck doing business with him.

Woodsy

Marlin275
10-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I found my boat on
http://yachtworld.com

Reedy
10-26-2005, 01:08 PM
I went on line and looked in local newspapers of the locations (freshwater) of the part of the country I felt I could find the best deal.
That was before I found out about The Donzi Registry.

Cuda
10-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Wayne, if I were you, I'd pull the engine to save for you next Donzi, and find a 305 or something low dollar and put it in the Rag. I don't think it will effect what you'll get for the boat, and you'll be many dollars ahead for you X-18. :biggrin:

Cuda
10-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Here you go!
It's in the state too. :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fresh-Mercruiser-305_W0QQitemZ4585036814QQcategoryZ50442QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Wayne, if I were you, I'd pull the engine to save for you next Donzi, and find a 305 or something low dollar and put it in the Rag. I don't think it will effect what you'll get for the boat, and you'll be many dollars ahead for you X-18. :biggrin:
Joe,

Thanks, for pointing out that engine, BUT, what I'm going to do (when I get the right boat ;) ), is get a 4 bolt main block, and build my 2nd engine from the crank up. I've been doing some reading, and have a better idea of how I really want my engine. Although, I am VERY pleased with the outcome of my first domestic engine build! It does give me something to think about,....

Wayne

MOP
10-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Wayne , Joe has a good idea. You don't need a 4 bolt considering the RPM's we turn, sure if you wer going to twist it way up then OK. That mill pushes the Rag to 60, should push an 18 to upper 60's which is a real respectable speed. Another point the Mod motor does not add much to your resale.

The Opinions Put Forth Are Not Fully Intended To Sway You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Wayne , Joe has a good idea. You don't need a 4 bolt considering the RPM's we turn, sure if you wer going to twist it way up then OK. That mill pushes the Rag to 60, should push an 17 to upper 60's which is a real respectable speed. Another point the Mod motor does not add much to your resale.

The Opinions Put Forth Are Not Fully Intended To Sway You!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all I can say right now is :) !! Thanks Phil, I'll keep it in mind, I have that 5.0l in my "Watch" list.

Wayne