PDA

View Full Version : New member can't POST??

DonziEd
10-26-2005, 09:16 AM
A friend just registered as a new member about a week ago and all he can do is view posts. He can't add a "Post New Thread" or "Reply" or in fact do anything. Who can help him out. His ID is "AC18Classic"

DonziEd
10-27-2005, 09:17 AM
His email is fine - Who is the mediator of this site?

boxy
10-27-2005, 09:51 AM
He is not shown on the Member's List, maybe he didn't quite get registered....

DonziEd
10-27-2005, 10:26 AM
He is registerd, he can log onto the site but ony view?? Who can look into this and grant him full access so he can start posting?

mattyboy
10-27-2005, 10:35 AM
you don't have to be registered to just view
when he is on the main page what does it say in the username field just below and to the right of the make donation button

if he tries to post when not logged in he should get a logon screen asking to put his username and password if he has registered properly

DonziEd
10-27-2005, 12:10 PM
He logs in and on the top right it states - "Welcome AC18Classic" so he is logged in but he can't post or reply. When he tries to post or Reply it comes back with a message "You are not authorized for the following reasons". Who is in charge of ths site?

mattyboy
10-27-2005, 12:28 PM
the moderators for each section are listed on the right side of the main page
clicking on their name will allow you to PM them or better yet click on view forum leaders that should help

DonziEd
10-28-2005, 11:35 AM
It's two weeks and still can not POST? :confused:

Carl C
10-28-2005, 11:46 AM
DonziEd, I would e-mail Scot VanAlstine who runs this website. He will help solve your friends problem. He helped me when I had a similar problem joining up. The confirmation e-mail probably got screwed up. Go to "contact us". Good luck. I know this can be frustrating.:shocking:

DonziEd
10-28-2005, 12:32 PM
DonziEd, I would e-mail Scot VanAlstine who runs this website. He will help solve your friends problem. He helped me when I had a similar problem joining up. The confirmation e-mail probably got screwed up. Go to "contact us". Good luck. I know this can be frustrating.:shocking:

Carl,

Thanks - I'll try him.

DonziEd
10-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Carl,

I did email him several days ago - no response. :banghead:

mattyboy
10-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Ed,
does his username and logon do the same thing on another pc and network???
just to eliminate a flukey firewall/router or pop up blocker setting??
just a thought
and remember most of the admin's and moderators had a ruff go of it with the hurricane season so be patient they will get around to it

Kirk
10-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Have the user check his/her security settings. The default for an "XP" user setting is medium....Tools/internet options/secuirty. If he/she firewalls connection check setting there as well.

My .02

KJ

AC18Classic
10-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Guys,

I can post - finally.:D

mattyboy
10-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey Guys,

I can post - finally.:D

all that fuss, and that's your first post??? that's it??? !!!!!

No introduction
no major tech question
No hidden diamond in the rough????

:p :eek: ;)

jeez

only kidding welcome

so what was the problem??

harbormaster
10-30-2005, 06:30 PM
It is really amazing that no one contacted me.
I can solve all problems.

I am having a big problem with people entering wrong email addresses or else their ISP bounces the confirmation email and will not deliver it. The confirmation email is necessary in order to help prevent spammers from infiltrating this site.

AC18Classic
10-31-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey Guys,
After two weeks I can now post.
I wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2003 18 Classic. She is a beauty. I have been boating for several years’ mainly larger performance boats. I had a couple of Cigarette 28SS, Active Thunder 25 & 28, Sunsation 28, and my last boat a 30 Chaparral cruiser witch was not for me. I wanted to have a smaller boat but still have the performance and always wanted a classic. I boat in the upper northern Chesapeake Bay area.
Hope to get to boat with you guys.

So her she is:

Specs:
- 350 MAG MPI
- Bravo One Drive
- Quick & Quite Exhaust
- Tabs
- Aluminum trailer
- Only 17 hours
Mint condition

AC18Classic
10-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey Guys,
After two weeks I can now post.
I wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2003 18 Classic. She is a beauty. I have been boating for several years’ mainly larger performance boats. I had a couple of Cigarette 28SS, Active Thunder 25 & 28, Sunsation 28, and my last boat a 30 Chaparral cruiser witch was not for me. I wanted to have a smaller boat but still have the performance and always wanted a classic. I boat in the upper northern Chesapeake Bay area.
Hope to get to boat with you guys.

So her she is:

Specs:
- 350 MAG MPI
- Bravo One Drive
- Quick & Quite Exhaust
- Tabs
- Aluminum trailer
- Only 17 hours
Mint condition

sds dsdsd dsds