PDA

View Full Version : Engine for sale.

DonCig
10-23-2005, 09:42 AM
I am selling my 1997 Mercury Marine 350 MAG MPI Gen + engine out of my Classic 18. The engine is currently in the boat and will be removed over the winter. It has 83.8 hours on the engine and runs perfectly. Ask Lenny or Wes. This is the 300 HP version of this engine with WOT range of 4800-5000 rpm. The engine currently will push my boat to 70.4 mph GPS. With a Bravo one it pushed my boat to 68.4 mph GPS.
The engine will be complete including the San Juan fresh water 1/2 cooling system that was installed this spring. I will also include the new GLM exhaust manifolds that were addes this spring. Here is a EFI turnkey package ready to drop into your Donzi or other boat.

I am looking for a fair offer on this very nice used engine. Is $4,000 with the fresh water cooling and the new GLM alum. manifolds a fair price?

Thanks,

Don

Lenny
10-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Don, it might work for me :) I will know if I have a "Contract" next Sunday and will be back at work again after NOT being there since the Beginning of May. If that works out I could see it running along nicely in my real X.

Don't wait for me, but I am interested and CO is "just down the road" from me... ;)

DonCig
10-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Lenny, who knows. You could come to Colorado to pick up the engine and also go home with the second BH drive I received last week. It is in very nice shape!

Don

thriller
10-23-2005, 12:15 PM
Don, What is the ratio and price of your second BH drive?

Mike
ps I can't have Lenny going faster than me;)

DonCig
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Mike, Lenny told me that you would try to ace him out of my second BH drive. Just kidding!

It is a 1:36 ratio that I bought as a spare backup. I really don't plan on selling the BH drive, but I might loan it to Lenny if it makes him get the Bench Seat 18 done before next June. I had a chance to buy 2 of these for $1,500 each, but by the time I got ahold of the guy he only had one left. I also picked up a set of 27" and a set of 31" props for $1,100 for the two sets.

I am cornering the huge market on Blackhawk props!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

Lenny
10-23-2005, 03:48 PM
The Bench is coming along great guns now Don. I just got out of my "pajamas" (1:30pm) from spending the whole morning in it glassing.

Time for a shower and "de-itch".

I will have NO trouble providing a hull with "natural bow-lift", believe me. :D

SS18
10-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I am selling my 1997 Mercury Marine 350 MAG MPI Gen + engine out of my Classic 18. The engine is currently in the boat and will be removed over the winter. It has 83.8 hours on the engine and runs perfectly. Ask Lenny or Wes. This is the 300 HP version of this engine with WOT range of 4800-5000 rpm. The engine currently will push my boat to 70.4 mph GPS. With a Bravo one it pushed my boat to 68.4 mph GPS.
The engine will be complete including the San Juan fresh water 1/2 cooling system that was installed this spring. I will also include the new GLM exhaust manifolds that were addes this spring. Here is a EFI turnkey package ready to drop into your Donzi or other boat.

I am looking for a fair offer on this very nice used engine.

Thanks,

Don
Don,
Shoot me an email with the price and details I still have this motorless Minx.
Maybe this will work for me. Hope you still have the new one from our prop deal if not let me know
Thanks,
JIm

txtaz
10-23-2005, 08:00 PM
I have to say it does run very well for a stock 350 MAG. BUT I will add that there is only 4 more weeks of stock car racing and some of the engine builders will have free time.
OK, you had me by 2 this year with a high speed miss, next year we will have to see. I'm predicting a 5 differential (my way).
Wes
The grudge match continues. Next year...NO SCOTCH :rlol:

DonCig
10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Wes, can I interest you in some vintage port, Dow 1977!

The grudge race continues.

SS18
10-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi Don,
The picture doesn't reflect the Gil exhaust those are still stock risers and manifolds correct?
Thanks,
JIm

TuxedoPk
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Looks like a great engine. I was getting all ready to make you an offer when I finally decided to buy Wes's. The extent that you two go to competing for speed is incredible. Personally, I don't think Wes will ever get his investment in that type of new power plant back out of the boat- that type of power is just sick.

DonCig
10-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Jim, if you go back up and read my listing you will see that it says GLM exhaust, not Gill. I talked to Dennis Moore today and he suggested that I keep my GLM manifolds for use with the new 434. Makes me glad because I can keep the Silent Choice and my stock engine hatch. Can you say sleeper motor?

No lope of a cam and stock looking exhaust, spells fun to me.

farmer tx
10-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Sleeper is good. :cool!:

Ranman
10-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh man, I sure would like to have a backup for my ride. Can I trade you a snap tool for it? :biggrin: :biggrin:

DonCig
10-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Randy, you have a brand new garage being built for this engine, pull the plug and place your order with me.

Don

TuxedoPk
10-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Q. Will Wes' boat be the first Donzi with a Jet Engine and direct drive or are have others done this already? What type of performance should that give?

DonCig
10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
I watched a tv show yesterday where they wanted to bolt on 3 Jato/Rato tubes to a 1967 Impala to see if it would go 300 mph.

They could not get the military to part with the Jatos, but the model rocket world has developed some smaller units for civilian use. Each rocket puts out 1,500 pounds of thrust for 4 seconds. They mounted 3 of these untis on the roof of the car and proceeded to push the land yacht to 148 mph.

If Wes were to mount 2 of these rockets on the back of his 18; he should be able to break the 100 mph mark for at least 4 famous seconds!

The match goes on!

DonCig
10-26-2005, 11:40 AM
The engine has been sold.

It is staying here in Colorado.

txtaz
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM
hymmm, gas turbine v-drive....interesting
http://www.gas-turbines.com/squirt_1.htm
Just a thought.
Da Taz of mystery